Chapter 11: Ye Cang Vs System
44 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Upon hearing Mu Qianxue's question, Ye Cang replied through a mouthful of food, "My name is Yeh Kang."

Mu Qianxue scowled, "You should talk after swallowing your food, like this, so I can understand you."

Ye Cang swallowed the meat and responded, "Seriously, can you not be so loud? burp You have no manners either." He introduced himself again, "My name is Ye Cang, and I've been living here since I was born." Not knowing much about this world, he claimed to be born in this place to avoid being caught in a lie.

Infuriated by his comment about her lack of manners, Mu Qianxue's chest heaved with restrained anger. "You don't have manners, burping like that." She calmed herself, reminding herself that he had saved her life. Upon hearing he was born there, she refrained from further questions and studied him intently. "Then have you decided what to do next, or do you want to live here for the rest of your life?"

Ye Cang saw this as an opportunity to go with her but knew he couldn't say so directly. Gazing at the moon with a forlorn expression, he said, "Where can I go? Who will accept me?"

"Why would no one accept you? You're a Tier 5 Alchemist, and a young one at that," Mu Qianxue said, puzzled.

 

Ye Cang stood up, walked towards her, and leaned in close, his face mere inches from hers as he spoke lightly, "Because I'm too handsome, so every man who sees me has a sense of inferiority complex."

As the words left his mouth, he immediately regretted the excessively narcissistic remark, fearing it would jeopardize his chances of completing the mission.

Mu Qianxue, taken aback by his sudden proximity, felt his warm breath caressing her face, causing a furious blush to spread across her cheeks as her mind went into a whirl. In her flustered state, she inadvertently agreed, "Yes, you're right."

Ye Cang froze, utterly dumbfounded. "I was just being an arrogant fool, but why in the world did she agree with me?" Observing her face, now as red as a ripe apple, he deduced that she must be the type to easily become flustered, with a soft and pliable heart.

Seizing the opportunity to tease her further, he gently lifted her chin, gazing into her eyes with an exaggerated melancholic expression, and said in a playful tone, "Right, my dear?"

 

Mu Qianxue looked at Ye Cang, who was lifting her chin and gazing at her intently. Feeling a mixture of shyness and annoyance, she pushed him away and ran towards the room, shouting, "Handsome, my ass! You're just a narcissistic and neurotic person!" She then slammed the door shut behind her.

Inside the room, she leaned against the door, gasping for breath. Her mind was in chaos. She had only met him today, so how could she be experiencing such feelings of shyness? It must be his fault, she convinced herself. However, the scene of him holding her chin kept replaying in her mind.

...

As Mu Qianxue retreated to the room, Ye Cang watched her go, feeling pleased with himself for successfully teasing such a beautiful lady. Now that he was alone, he wanted to ask the system about the Wish mission and satisfy his lingering doubts.

Closing his eyes, he inquired mentally, "System, what is a Wish mission? And how do you decide which wish to fulfill? And what do you get by helping others by fulfilling their wishes?... Seriously, don't tell me it's to increase peace and love in the world, right?"

The system's response was curt: "Host, don't judge anything based on your IQ. Every living thing has some wishes they want fulfilled during their lifetime. Especially for organisms with more wisdom, the more wisdom they possess, the more things they will desire. As for why the system does this, the host does not have enough permission to know that. Please upgrade the system level to find out, stupid host."

Ye Cang was rendered speechless by the system's reply... "You're just beating around the bush." Stung by the system's insults, Ye Cang grew angry and retorted, "You're the stupid one. You can't insult my intelligence; I'm very smart."

"Host thinks he is smart? Then the system will ask some questions. If the host can answer them, then the host is indeed smart. Do you want to try it?"

Confident in his abilities from his previous life's compulsory education, Ye Cang replied boldly, "Try it, why not!"

 

“Are you ready?”

 

“You ask!”

 

“The first question,If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?”

 

Ye Cang stared blankly (?_?).

WTF?

What kind of question is this? Shouldn't you be asking something related to math or general knowledge?

"Because...because..." he stammered.

"Host can't answer, right?" the system taunted.

"N-No, I can answer, but I need some time."

"Host, please don't waste both of our time. You can ponder that question later. I will ask another, so you can think about them as a set."

"Ok," Ye Cang gritted his teeth and agreed.

“The second question,If quitters never win and winners never quit, what fool came up with the saying "Quit while you're ahead"?”

“Huh?”

 

“Third question, how did nearsighted people manage before glasses were invented?”

 

“…”

 

“The fourth question, Why is the freezer a box? Why is the refrigerator a cabinet?”

 

“The fifth question, The first person in the world who knows that milk can be drunk! What was he trying to do with cows?”

 

…….

 

The system continued firing off nonsensical questions before finally saying, "Host, please take your time to answer these questions now. The system is going back, hehe..."

At this point, Ye Cang sat there, doubting his very existence. He didn't know whether it was a hallucination or not, but he could have sworn the system was laughing at him.

To all readers, please note: This is one of my earliest novels, written several years ago. I'm currently working on revising the chapters to improve grammar and overall writing quality. While the plot and character actions may reflect my inexperience at the time, I'm committed to making this story the best it can be. Think of it less like a literary masterpiece and more like a nostalgic trip down memory lane with a side of good-natured laughter. If you're up for a light-hearted read that might make you giggle at my past self, then come on in!

Happy reading!

 

3