Chapter 7—8- Replacement?
1.3k 3 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was back in my room. There was no way I could have handled that bear all by myself. I had no prior experience on the battlefield nor in my previous life, had I had any incident where I had to deal with blood.

Well of course, except for that night at my girlfriend's place.

'Focus Kyle...focus...' Slapping my cheeks, I brought myself back on track as I looked at the reflection in the mirror and contemplated.

"Alright, so the teleportation doll indeed brings me anywhere I have kept a mental image of..." The doll worked fine or I might have died by now, in the clutches of that massive monster.

It didn't feel physically straining when I teleported...or maybe I was too terrified to notice. Regardless, it didn't take more than half a second before my eyes opened inside my room.

The effect of teleportation kicked in after some time when I felt my eyes darkening for a bit and my body becoming a little weaker than before.

'So this is what it's called to borrow the power of a big shot...'

Kyle wasn't originally awakened so he couldn't channel mana, naturally. However, because of these dolls, he could possess something akin to mutated energy which was comprised of both, Light and Dark.

The energy radiating from the straw dolls was clearly Light magic however, to allow my body to absorb the magic the ritual I performed to create these artifacts, changed the magical essence into a versatile one that I could easily assimilate.

And from where do these Dolls absorb magical essence? Simple. From environment. And since there's an infinite amount of magical energy widespread across the plain, I would never run out of energy.

'But how far can I use my skills....' It was given that I couldn't wield both skills at the same time since my body wasn't capable but how far this body of mine could push itself to keep on utilizing the skills one after another?

In this world, people create their own magic however, I couldn't do that.

But in compensation this strange body of mine possesses sockets. Yeah, sockets.

Imagine, this environment is an electricity power plant, and this body of mine an appliance. Now, what connects a source and a user? Wires and sockets.

In my case, these sockets or magical conductors if you may say, decide how much and for how long I can borrow the skills from the dolls.

Up until now, I had only unlocked two Sockets and there are more to go, I know it. If my calculations based on my memories are correct then with my current capabilities at best, I could teleport long distances for eight times and short distances for twenty. I can use my primary doll to chant one or two circled spells for than a dozen times but any more than that is still a mystery for me.

These Sockets were like an awakening. The first one awakened when I was born. The second one, was when I was brought into the face of death in that cell room.

'I guess the method of awakening doesn't repeat...' If being near death would have been the answer then after almost being hugged by that bear to death, I should have unlocked my third Socket.

But alas...

'Well, I haven't reached the maximum capability of my second socket yet...' Since I had this awakening recently, I didn't have much time to train my physical aspect or practice magical capabilities much.

'And I went into that jungle...' Smiling at my foolishness, I took hold of my Beta doll before rolling my shirt and planting it only chest.

Thankfully, it didn't fall off even though I moved like a wheel when that bastard deer struck me.

'I am surely gonna turn that guy into skewers...'

I remember that mutated deer's identity because of a peculiar scratch over its left eye so I wouldn't have a problem hunting that particular animal down when I go back into the jungle.

However, for now...

'I should train...'

-------------

It has been ten days since I properly woke up in this world and found myself in the body of a major antagonist.

For the past few days, I have been working on my techniques and body-mind coordination to the fullest. Before any big journey, I needed to prepare myself first.

Certain incidents left me deeply unsettled, and on occasion, anxiety would surge, leading me to hyperventilate unexpectedly.

The torment I endured in that cell was inhuman. Had it not been for Alatia's intervention, I might have sought vengeance on those vile bastards once I regained my strength.

Setting that aside, regarding my magical abilities: I've attempted to harness my supernatural essence. To my surprise, channeling the powers of the ancient ones proved rather effortless.

The Flame Witch of Calamity allows me the strength to conjure up to four-circled spells. In this world, the more number of circles meant the more deadly the attack would be.

A single circle indicated that an enhanced individual could sustain injury, while a non-awakened might face lethal consequences.

Spells with two circles had the potency to harm a cluster of non-awakened foes, and when focused on a singular superhuman, the concentrated force of the magic could potentially be lethal.

Three circles would be enough to destroy the buildings and take on a small battalion by oneself.

Four circles could plummet a fort. And five circles could erase the existence of a small town.

That was how the spell circles majorly worked. Very few individuals could reach the five-circle phase and beyond that was only possible for fingers countable singularities. Like the headmaster of the Academy where the plot would begin for real.

The second straw doll allowed me to warp to a certain distance and provided me with a very thin control of gravity as well. Thanks to the Ancient Witch of Mischief, I could quickly reach the place I wanted to visit before the academy began.

'I at least need to prevent two situations before it's too late... '

These two individuals were set to cross paths with Logan at the Academy, and they held the key to offering him the foundation he needed to attain even greater heights of power.

****

"You are free for the day since Your Highness will be staying in the castle for another three days."

This was what Knight Captain told me about Alatia.

After that day when she yelled at me, I hadn't seen her even once. She has left her mansion which her father bought closer to the academy for her easy accommodation but for some days, Alatia has been spending most of her time in the main castle.

I didn't know what I did to piss her off but it seemed Alatia would not be seeing me anytime soon.

"Captain..." Hearing my words, the older man paused but in the end, I had nothing to say to him so I just thanked the man before retiring to my room.

I wanted to understand why Alatia was angry with me but there was no chance in the heavens I could reach her when she was in the main palace.

"Hoh~"While on my way back to the room, I heard a mocking sound arriving from a person I seriously didn't want to face at the moment.

"Radolf..." I had no option but to bring my feet to a halt as the blond teenager suddenly appeared in front of me with his quickened pace.

He was the substitute butler, dispatched by the Emperor as a contingency, should Alatia decide she needed a more formidable guard by her side. In the eyes of Alatia's family, I was merely a burden, deemed unfit to serve her. Judging by the behavior of other servants towards me, it seemed the sentiment was shared widely.

Lips arched, eyes narrowed in utmost glee, the blond watched me with those irritating eyes for a good while before he spoke his mind out, "Why does it seem that even Your Highness, Princess Alatia also has begun to see how useless piece of rubble, which you are? Your chances seem bleak to serve the lady, my friend. "

His tone or words, neither suggested concern since Radolf was purely mocking me and trying to provoke me here. He wants to become the personal attendant of Alatia so a path to becoming a noble servant opens up for him.

There were numerous advantages of becoming a noble servant. Along with unimaginable wealth and fame, one could get aristocratic titles as well if they performed their role as a servant diligently.

But were those the reasons why I intended to serve Alatia with all my heart? No.

I was profoundly grateful to her. The mere thought of her getting hurt in a situation I could have prevented sends a sharp pang in my heart. Alatia had not only rescued me from the brink of death but also tended to me during those restless nights. She had been my balm, mending both my emotional and physical wounds.

Weren't those reasons enough?

"What happened? Did the cat catch your tongue?"

Hearing Adolf's disdain which derives from his desperation, I couldn't help smirking a little.

"!!!" In the past, Kyle mostly got annoyed and triggered by Adolf's mockery and almost every time got beaten up by him when he tried attacking Adolf. Not to talk about how he had to face the cold scolding of Alatia afterward.

But right now my words seemed enough for this jealous idiot.

"Think carefully, Radolf...why despite I have shown such unsightly sides to my lady, she hasn't fired me until now. If you are smart enough you would understand the reason. "

Radolf's facial color shifted dramatically before he spoke through his gritted teeth, "Do you understand the implication of your words?"

I raised my brows before leaning slightly forward with my grin never leaving my face as I asked the guy in a cocky tone, "So what? You gonna cry about it to your Papa?"

Radolf's face turned blue before it shifted to flaming red. I didn't have anything else to say so I just shook my head in disappointment and began walking past him...

"You bastard!!"

....or so what I wanted to.

Blinded by anger, Radolf failed to summon his water element. This was to my advantage, as deflecting a mere fist presented no significant challenge, even for my past self.

I anticipated his move and sidestepped to evade it. With Radolf having missed his mark, his sides were vulnerably exposed. Seizing the opportunity, I clenched my fist and, using a significant portion of my strength, delivered a blow to his upper ribs.

"KHWAK!!" His feet faltered, face contoured in pain before the guy knelt on the floor while clutching his sides.

See, how easy it was to handle a tantrum-throwing child.

With my hands in my pocket, I walked away.

'I need to start preparing for 'those' events... '

****

A/N: - I would make a side story to bring out those nights that made Kyle so gratified toward Alatia. Drop a comment~

43