Chapter 12- A fool?
957 4 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Alpha: Linear Burn."

As the words left my lips, the two diagram spell was propelled toward the Antrafox with remarkable velocity, swiftly diverging in opposite directions.

The fox's panic surged, emitting cautionary growls as it beheld the two blazing fireballs hurtling toward it from opposite directions.

Lost in choice, the beast launched itself in my direction with the clear intention to incapacitate me. Its body glowed with a reddish hue, signifying how it used the 'Self-acceleration' skill to boost its speed and strength by three folds.

The normal two-meter fox now was heavier than a truck and as fast as a supercar as it advanced toward me. If I get hit by something like that then several of my bones might snap and internal bleeding would render me useless for a good while.

However, I wouldn't have provoked the fox if I didn't have any plan against it.

I keenly tracked its figure which was approaching me while I tightly held my straw doll in my left hand. Sweat dripped down my forehead, but I was determined not to make any mistakes this time.

"Beta: Warp."

Just when the fox was inches apart from me, my figure disappeared from the spot in an instant and the pitiful creature crashed into the giant tree.

**BOOOOOM**

The force of the fox was so elevated that upon the crash the three-meter-thick tree split from the middle and the fox staggered on its feet as it walked out from the other side.

I was expecting it to die instantly but well.

"Converge." The two fireballs I launched earlier heeded my command and after reuniting, I redirected it to its primary target.

"*SHEEEAAKKKKK!!*"

The loud screeching howl of the fox resonated across the forest as I watched the scene with my gaze narrowed. The flames erupted and burnt the beast savagely until the cries of agony didn't subdue.

"Defuse." The command evaporated the flames instantly as I was met by the scorched body of the fox; lying upside down with its body blackened.

The pungent smell of cooked meat reached my nose even from a distance as I felt my mouth watering.

"Need to hurry." Given how any other wild beast could emerge upon smelling the food, I instantly walked toward my dinner and used my knife skills to carve out a large chunk of meat from the torso area.

Once done, I escaped the place and found myself a relaxing spot and enjoyed my dinner.

The morning sun has already appeared on the horizon, spreading the reddish wings across the world and providing a sense of comfort for someone who has survived the whole night amongst deadly creatures.

Tonight was that pre-canon event that could lead to my and Alatia's demise.

My future remains in Alatia's hands. If people come to find me using dark arts then she is the only person who can save me. So apart from the sense of servitude I felt toward her, there was my own selfishness as well.

'Haah...I wonder what would happen once Alatia finds out my secret...'

******

"Wait. State your purpose and leave three silvers to enter the town."

Around mid-noon, Kyle finally reached his destination, which was situated in the middle of the vast paddy farm.

The town had three entrances and if talking about population, then by the size of the town it seemed there were more than three thousand people inside.

Kyle was currently wearing a wooden mask to enter the town, even though he could have warped his way inside.

Reason? It was simple. He wanted to create a divergence of identity once he entered the town. That was why he paid the other security guards of the other two town entrances, while wearing a different mask.

The task that has to be done requires Kyle to slaughter some men and once he does, the security guards would create a scene to find the most suspicious-looking man they saw earlier in the day. And amidst the chaos, Kyle would escape the town easily.

Or so he believed.

"Here. "

The security guard narrowed his eyes to scrutinize Kyle however once his eyes landed on ten silver coins instead of three, all the suspicion was erased from his visage as he hurriedly welcomed him,

"Welcome to town Trevenstoff. I hope you have a great day."

The security guard bowed before signaling to the gatekeeper.

'Different worlds, same policies...' Kyle was all too familiar with this system of bribing which caused him to roll his eyes and walk inside the town with steady strides.

The place was lively and beaming with the color of festivities.

The incident he came to stop was set to unfold during the night, coinciding with the celebration of the cultivation festival.

Once every year around the beginning of the year, when they cultivated the crops, it was a tradition of this town to thank the God of Agriculture by offering delicious food and booze.

The red and white triangular flags hanging all across the town were the symbol of the guardian beast they prayed to protect and bless their farm and crops.

Kyle was unaware of whether there was any mythical beast around the town since he had very little information on Clara—given she was meant to kill herself in the future.

But not in this timeline.

'Let's see...whom should I ask...' Although the town was smaller in comparison to Belur, it would take a lot of time if Kyle just roamed around the town and tried to identify Clara by her face.

Looking around, he found a woman carrying a big basket in her arms with her head covered with a scarf.

She seemed to be a farmer by her get-up which was a plus point since Clara was a farmer in this town as well.

Advancing toward her with quick strides, Kyle called out, "Excuse me; do you know someone who goes by the name Clara?"

The woman halted...or more like jerked in surprise maybe because Clara was too famous around the place? Kyle doubted that.

Reaching the woman, he was about to ask again when suddenly she turned to look at him—causing Kyle to jolt in surprise this time,

"Yes? Are you looking for me?"

Dark violet eyes and curly hair of the same shade adorned the woman like natural jewelry, enhancing her beauty. Despite being in such a rough job her skin has yet to lose a single shade as the lady tilted her head, blinking at him in confusion.

Her beauty was something that made him lose his breath for half a minute before Kyle somehow collected himself and asked, "I was sent by Uncle Rino to deliver a message. If you don't mind, can we talk this out at lunch?"

Clara looked overjoyed hearing that name before she hastily nodded her head, "Definitely! Umm, let me place these back at my home before I will take you to a famous eatery in the town."

Kyle nodded before he began following the woman to her house.

He couldn't help sighing in helplessness, seeing how easy to fool this lady was. This was the reason why she was taken advantage of in the end and was traumatized for life.

He needs to prepare her...strengthen her so that when the time comes, he can use her against Logan.

******

A/N:- Someone commented that how Kyle is a dog of Alatia and spineless to follow the plot. Haah...how can I explain that not every main character has to follow the same path? I mean, why should Kyle go out of his way to crush the plot and in the end have to battle a broken character named Logan?

Please enjoy this story from the perspective of a side character who is trying to live a serene happy life while protecting the happiness of his mistress.

Thank you.

38