Chapter two: twas a distant memory
499 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My eyes slowly opened, I let out a long sigh. Leaves that had entered my nose blew out from my breath.

 

'That dream again huh…'

 

Slowly moved my humongous body upwards, my massive frame reached the canopy. Moss, twigs, weeds, and dirt fell off my fur from my century-long sleep. Animals fled from all directions. Small rodents that made their nest inside my fur panicked and jumped off. I yawned, looked up to the sky with my one eye. The sun rose to the mid sky indicating it was midday. I furrowed my brows and snarled. I looked away from the ever bright sun and wished it would disappear. I began walking forward, each step made deep holes in the undergrowth of the forest. Trees snapped like twigs as I made a path through the forest. A small wyvern was angry that I disturbed it began to fly at my face. 

 

*SNAP*

 

*CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH*

 

the sounds of bones could be heard as I ate the wyvern whole. 

 

'I'm still hungry…'

 

My massive frame required the consumption of epic proportions. Even now I hadn't finished growing. I began to hunt down the larger monsters in the area. A basilisk fled with haste as I chased it slowly through the undergrowth. This continued for a while till it got tired which then I got tired of playing and snapped its neck with a shake. I bit the basilisk in two and swallowed the front portion whole, followed by the lower. Satisfied after practically devastating the entire ecosystem, I continued on in boredom.

 

I continued to the outer reaches of the forest which then my body shrunk rapidly to the size of a white wolf. The rest of the debris that didn't come off before fell to the ground like an earth slide. I walked forward then began breaking into a run. 

 

The occasional monster jumped out to attack me only to be made into a rag doll as I snapped its neck instantly. After a while, some open green plains came into view. 

 

'It's changed…'

 

I looked In both directions as far as my one eye could see nothing but horrible open green plains could be seen. A century ago before I went to sleep the forest-covered this entire area. I walked for a good amount of time until the sun turned red for the evening. I chose a steep hill overlooking the area to look for unwanted guests. I lay down crossed my forepaws and put my head to rest.

 

The next day…

 

I woke up to a bright morning and continued my journey through the grassy plains. In the distance, I saw two-legged hairless monkeys in armor chasing a pack of wolves. I stared intently at the five humans slaughtering the pack of wolves fleeing for their lives. There were five humans and four wolves. An arrow from a female elf with a metal collar hit the runt lagging behind the rest. Just like that, he was dead after another four arrows pierced its body. Before long another went down then another, I snarled unconcerned and was about to leave till one of the wolves dropped a small runt onto the ground. The female wolf put the runt between her legs to protect it from harm.

 

A large male human drew an iron mace from his side and began walking up to her.

A traumatic memory flashed through my mind uncontrollably. I stumbled almost fell down but regained myself. I looked at my male human with pure rage my face contorted and my fangs drew out. 

 

*GNARLERACKCK*

 

Saliva dripped from my mouth as snarled as loud as a war horn. The male human who rose his mace above his head stopped dead in his tracks. He looked my direction and immediately yelled and gave orders to the rest of his apes to reorganize and defend.

 

I ran directly at the human who had the mace and tackled him to the ground. He put the mace handle in my mouth to stop me from mangling his throat, however smart that would be it was nothing more than a rotting twig. It snapped and I dug my fangs into his throat and shook my head. A nasty crunch sounded through the air. 

 

A human female yelled in horror as the man's limbs went limp. I let go and licked the blood off my lips. I turned at the elven Archer next but lost interest as I saw that there was no fun in killing a monkey that was forced to fight against its will. I then turned to the screaming ape that was agonizing over its companion. I jumped at her faster than the others could react and crushed her skull. Sweet mushy goo could be tasted through my entire mouth.

 

The rest of the apes fared no better only the elf survived.

 

I walked over to the female first and began lapping up the pink goo on the ground. After that, I tore out her stomach and ate her innards. This was the law of the jungle.

After I had eaten the last bit of the human weaklings I turned and walked back to the forest. It seemed that I had two annoying vermin on my tale. The female wolf followed me in the end and kept a steady pace. When I stopped she stopped when u ran she ran. This continued until I reached my hollow. Which then the female put the runt at my feet and ran off.

 

The runt looked up at me in admiration. Uninterested I ignored the runt and walked into my den and fell asleep.

11