Chapter seven: a grudge that set a heart black.
401 4 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My legs were in tatters, maggots had infested my wounds. I kept going aimlessly trudging through. I did not know my direction but if I kept going surely I would find it. That monster who killed that bastard, perhaps if I could use my taming magic on it, I could kill my sister, my mother, my father, the slave merchant, the slaves in the cages. All of them needed to be killed, slaughtered like the animals they were. 

 

She had once been a beautiful priestess that served the holy city of Ecbatina's supreme church. She was loved by all the people. When the hero went off to war she was chosen to go with him. She helped the hero throughout the journey. She fell in love with him and conceived a child. The hero party returned from a mission and she decided to stay in the capital to give birth. She went to the mansion to give good news. Her mother gave her congratulations while her dad gave her his blessing. She, however, did not get any good favor from her sister.

 

"I wouldn't get too high and mighty just yet sister"

 

She was saddened by her sister's insults but she didn't want that to affect her mood.

When the time came and she gave birth the hero left for a mission from the church. She felt sad but he was the hero and he was busy so it couldn't be helped. 

 

After a week the hero came back and visited the mansion, she went to go greet him, but stopped at her sister's room to find the hero cheating. She fell to her knees and cried while watching her sister have intimate sex with the hero. He never acted this way when he was with her. It was much more intimate than it was with her. She ran to her room and huddled into a corner wishing it was just a dream. Then the morning came and soldiers came into her room threw her to the ground and put a slave collar around her neck. She was stunned, she couldn't figure out what was going on. When she was dragged out of the mansion she saw her sister waving a vile of liquid in her hand, cradling her baby.

 

"Don't worry I won't hurt him dear sister, but I think he'll be just fine as my son right?"

 

She was put on trial for colluding with the gyro to poison the king. The hero had been found in the king's bedroom with a bottle of powdered hemlock. The same powder was found in her belongings on her horse. She now knew what that vile was in her sister's hand was. 

 

She had been framed.

 

Her parents disowned her and did not show up at her trial. Her sister showed up and threw lies like

 

"I tried to stop her"

 

Or

 

"I can't believe she would do this"

 

Her sister even pleaded for her mercy and asked for a lighter punishment.

 

Since she was the priestess she couldn't be executed as she was chosen by the goddess. In the end, it was decided she was to be enslaved and sold for a high price on the market.

 

She was bought by a noble who raped her over and over after he got tired of her he sold her. Then she was bought by an alchemist for experiments, he scarred her face and poured acid like liquids down her throat. Then she was sold to the army where she was taught to use the bow. After that, she was pretty much useless and sold as cannon fodder to an adventurer.

 

Her hatred for her sister and all of her family was what kept her alive. Hoping one day we should be able to torture them like she was. 

 

Even now she trudged through the dark forest hoping that she could enslave that wolf so she could kill them all.

 

"Your heart is as black as mine"

 

She turned in the direction of the voice and cast a spell.

 

(Bind!)

 

"You have great potential, it is sad you have fallen this far elf"

 

There was nothing there... no there was it just moved too fast. 

 

(Clairvoyance)

 

"Those spells are useless"

 

(I'm not done)

 

She cast clairvoyance to catch his movements.

 

(Death pit)

 

"Ho?"

 

The wolf had stepped into her trap. She turned the entire ground into quicksand. When she saw that the white wolf was caught she cast her taming spell.

 

(Nature's binding contract! goddess of the hunt I ask that you bind your child to my soul)

 

Green chains shot out of the ground and formed a cocoon around the wolf.

 

"Your mine!"

 

"This spell is pathetic, I will show you how it's truly used, girl!"

 

The cocoon shattered and red chains shot out at her enveloping her completely.

 

*Noooooooooo!!!"

 

This spellbound the soul, there was no escape. With this, her goal of revenge turned into a shattered dream.

 

"I….lost…."

 

With that her fatigue took over and she fell into a deep sleep.

9