Chapter eight: traitors
364 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Clop clop clop clop.

 

The female knights’ stilettos echoed through the dark passageway. The light from the torches barely lit up the long corridor. Yet despite the fact that there was little light the beautiful girl’s blonde hair and blue eyes seemed to glow. Her hair seemed to reflect the moonlight that filtered through the castle windows. 

 

The starlight outside was extremely visible and a vast array of constellations could be seen. The brilliant colors in the night sky were indescribable.

 

She stopped for a second and looked out the window. Pressing her hand against the glass she reached out as if to grab them.

 

"Truly humans are the one race blessed by the goddess, if this is not the case how can I witness such a miraculous sight?"

 

Humans were chosen to lead the world by the goddess and all other races needed to die out. Humans and elves had long for centuries ruled the world with an iron fist. Elves were thought to have been an enemy of mankind but humans and elves had put that behind ever since the destruction of the empire two hundred years ago under the hands of a single powerful enemy. Humans and elves had to work together for the first time to drive back the monster that destroyed nearly all of the Unitum Humanae Imperii. The elves were met with the same situation when the monster turned its thirst for destruction on the Trog forest, the elves with nowhere to go allied with the humans to create a spell that will drag a being from another plane to help them.

 

Using every bit of strength they had they managed to wound the monster and drive it back. A pact was made that should the monster ever come back they would Ally once more to annihilate the monster for good. The pact was called; The New Humanity Agreement.

 

Drawing her hand to her chest then making a salute, she pledged to eliminate all of humanity's enemies. 

 

"I guess I should hurry and get ready for bed?"

 

She kept walking down the hallway coming to a double door that two knights in shining silver armor were guarding. When she walked to the door the knights saluted and a maid inside opened it.

 

"Mil lady late again I see…"

 

"Yes I felt the need to train in the moonlight"

 

"Could you not achieve the same in a darker room?"

 

"It's different"

 

The maid nodded then helped the knight take off her armor. The sturdy light blue alloy was impenetrable by iron or steel weapons but lighter than almost anything you could make out of other metals. The best Craftsmen in the kingdom came together to make this armor in honor of her 18th birthday.

 

After putting her nightgown on, she walked over to her desk and began looking at today's reports. Looking through them one by one she found a letter taped to the back of one of them. She opened it and it read as follows.

 

(Princess by the time you get this I will already be dead. You must read this carefully and tell no one. The knight captain and the general of the army are demihuman traitors! They have infiltrated our entire system! I am currently under siege by a combined force of my own men and Demiraces! The king will be slain there is no escape for him! You must flee to the neighboring kingdom of Algorith. Take only who you've known your whole life, do not take any guards. I don't know who's all working together. My life is forfeited give up on me. Take haste at once! Remember sister, I always loved you. 

 

Your brother marri.)

 

*Shling*

 

The sound of a knife being drawn could be heard. The princess grabbed her sword that was in its sheath and blocked the maid that had just tried to stab her.

 

The maid was five inches from her face, she had a maniacal smile on her face. She gave a muffled laugh and jumped back. The princess drew her sword and took a stance. The maid rushed in like an arrow and stabbed inwards. The princess deflected it but got cut on her hip. The maid spun around mid-air and slash down cutting the princesses’ leg. The princess jumped back, grabbed an ink bottle off the desk, and threw in the maid’s eyes.

 

"Gyaaaaaa! My eyes! you slut! I'll fucking kill you!"

 

The princess didn't miss this chance and slashed at the maid’s throat. 

 

"Guaaak ack-ack"

 

With a thud, the maid collapsed to the ground. The princess heard a commotion outside the window, walking over to it she opened it up and saw a large city glowing orange.

 

"How is this possible!? How are there so many traitors!?"

 

Grabbing her armor and putting it on she fled the castle with her sister and her two childhood friends.

….

..

..

..

.

"Where is her highness the princess!?"

 

A fat man came running through the hallway, in a panic he tripped over his right foot and did a barrel roll. A large night covered in head to toe in silver armor walked out of the shadows of a pillar in the hallway.

 

"Baron Baud Huaengvich what is the meaning of this yelling so late at night?"

 

"Nevermind that you must tell the princess at once the Fortress City Of Verdant  has fallen in the hands of demihumans!"

 

"Impossible! Nonsense! The Duke Marrialice Dre Vango governs that entire region, I should have your younger cut out for your lies! Men come! Take this pig out of the castle and hang him!"

 

"W-what no nonono I'm telling the truth!! Wait! Noooooooooo!"

 

The silver knight smiled. That was the third messenger he had killed this week. He had been given a task to keep the princess in the dark about everything currently going on in the duke’s region. Now that his job would be done by tomorrow he just needed to kill the king and flee with his comrades.

 

"This kingdom is corrupt, it's time that it needs to wake up."

 

He opened a pocket in his hand. In the locker was a man with two cat-eared demihumans. He closed it and laughed.

 

"You’re finally dead huh? Hahahahaha!"

 

He had gotten what he wanted all these years, he no longer had to hide his family from that nosy prick. 

 

"All this time and he finally moved, hahahahahahahaha! I wasn't expecting this! What a great moment in history this will be!"

 

The knight laughed happily as he walked with his chest out.

9