Chapter Ten: Possession
285 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Snoring could be heard from on top of a wall. A young man who had been assigned to guard duty had grown bored and decided to take a short nap. 

 

Katsu. Kastu. Katsu.

 

From across the young man was a set of stairs going down the wall. An old man in armor was walking up the wall.

 

"Tch again huh?"

 

The old man clicked his tongue and kicked the young man as hard as he could.

 

"Kuh!"

 

The old man who looked like he was seventy kicked the young man four meters just stopping a few fingers length of falling off the front of the wall and into the moat below.

 

"Ugh, that hurt..."

 

"You have guts kid I like you since you're brave enough to take a nap on guard duty why don't I have you wake everyone else up and do some training exercise!"

 

The young man looked up at the old man. In horror. He still remembered what happened last time he got caught. He turned pale and threw up.

 

"Guag! S-sir  if we wake them up now won't that interrupt the sleeping schedule?"

 

"it's ok it's not like they can't use some good training! Now get off you ass private Arson!"

 

The young private Arson immediately jumped up and ran down the stairs. 

 

"shit I take a break for just a few seconds and the old bastard chews me out! Fuck!"

 

Arson had recently been forced to join the kingdom's guardsman because of the increase of demi-human sightings. He originally had been taking care of his sick mother while running his late father's shop.

His father was half Katthinin, Katthinin were of demi-human descent and occasionally were born with cat ears. His father had been born with cat ears but had been able to hide it. Arson's parents opened a tea shop just before he was born. A few months after they settled down, His father contracted a flu only known to infect beast-men. His mother sought a herbalist hoping to cure him. However, when they found the cause of his Illness he was arrested and executed. His mother fell into despair and also contracted an unknown illness.

 

He hadn't been able to see his mother in three weeks, he was concerned and asked for a day off. He was given permission to see her after three weeks' time. However, on the day he was supposed to leave he was given guard duty on the wall. 

 

"Fuck me, man… my life sucks."

 

As he walked down the stairs he saw a man in the corner of his eyes hiding in one of the balistrarias, Before he knew it he felt a hand on his mouth and a pain in his neck struggling to breathe he collapsed on the floor drowning in his blood. as his vision began to fade away he heard the man say something in a girlish tone.

 

"Hmmm...that was a bad one oopsie me!" 

__________

 

The old man named Geese, sat on a chair looking over the darkness below the wall. He was old for sure, but he in no way was frail. He still had enough muscle as one did in his early forties. The grey hair and a deep scar across his face would tell a fellow warrior about a hard-fought battle long ago. He would brag about his battle with a monster that could scatter acid in all directions, could melt a blade by just touching it, and the hard green skin that would repel a Mythril blade.  It was a monster called a Lurker. When one died in a swamp, if there was enough malice around, you might come back as a monster that looked like a mixture of a zombie and a plant. You remained entirely conscious while you're in that state, but your instincts would drive you to convert other people. Usually, it's a low-class monster, slow and tacky. You could easily defeat it with fire or ice magic. Even cutting it enough would do. It wasn't the most undefeatable thing in the world, but the one he battled was unusually strong. Its movements were so fast and strong. It could move the plants around it, vines would drag his men into deep underground caves. They could be heard screaming until their screams grew faint and could be heard no more. The only one that survived that monster was him alone. The truth was he wasn't able to kill it and only drove it away. He still had nightmares to this day. 

 

"Hmmmph…."

 

The Geese sighed tiredly, he turned his attention to the man who was coming up the stairs. The man saluted, then gave a report.

 

"I have orders from his highness to relieve you of your duty for the night."

 

"hmmm...that's odd. I wasn't notified by his highness's personal guard about this?" 

 

"it's just now coming in, his highness Duke Vango told me himself to report to you directly commander!"

 

Geese put his hand on his blade.

 

"I understand but let me ask you a question… why would his highness the Second prince Duke Vango personally give orders to a mier soldier"

 

"As I said before I was given orders by HIS highness sweet darling of mine"

As the man said that his voice changed to that of a female. His eyes turned a glowing green color. 

 

"Tch! The fuck is going on with you, are you possessed or something?"

 

"That's a difficult question… What do you mean by possessed? Ohhhh... Do you mean by demonic possession? That would be a no. This body was mine to begin with, it was mine when it was born it's mine when it's now, technically so do you and everyone else. But your personality is a little bit strong and I can't do anything about that. In any case, you die here... sorry...not sorry! tehehe!"

 

Underneath the soldier's skin worm-like tentacles could be seen. Flesh could be heard moving underneath the skin as if the muscle was being reinforced by the tentacles. The soldiers sweet girl like voice completely mismatched the possessed soldier"

 

"Gross..."

 

The soldier came at an insane speed and swung his blade down from overhead.

 

"Pathetic, if that's all you got then you're just another commoner with a sword!"

 

The old man contrary to his age moved at a speed out of common sense to everyone else his age. With his speed and skill he cleaved the soldier in two.

 

Footsteps could be heard of the distance as soldiers came up hearing the fight.

 

Tentacles could be seen growing out of the man's two halves pulling it together. The two halves connected and the wound sealed up. The man rose and readied his sword as if nothing happened.

 

"What the hell…!"

 

"You'll have to excuse me. I'm not too good at this, I never was good with the sword shall we go again?"

 

The soldier rushed in again and again with the same result. Pretty soon the soldiers in the distance reached the two of them.

 

"Well now, what will you do? you're outnumbered! Even if you can regenerate we'll just cut you up until you can't"

 

"I think you're misunderstanding something when I said you and everyone else belongs to me…"

 

There were eleven soldiers all of which drew their swords and surrounded Geese.

 

"That means" 

(All at once perfectly in sync)

 

"EVERYBODY"

 

authors notes: yeah I know I'm bad at writing constantly procrastination work and other things get in the way.

also, I MIGHT put a couple of chapters before this I looked at my old subject notebook and found somethings I want to put before this that would make it hella more smooth rather than jumping between views.

5