4
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There, running towards Shinjiro's direction was a kid wearing a ragged up brown hoodie. It was hard to see the face that was inside the hoodie, but from the small figure of the wearer, it can easily be seen that the wearer is definitely just a kid.

Seeing this, Shinjiro immediately prepared himself and started to think about what he should do once the kid arrives at him. Will he stop the kid just as how the guys chasing the kid had instructed him to do? Or will he try to stop the guys from chasing the kid as it was easily can be seen that their intentions of doing to the kid after they have caught him were obviously not good just by looking at their twisted faces?

What would he do? Which should he pick? Of course, both choices will lead to different consequences.

( Tsk... The looks on their faces are bad... It's as if they're planning to beat the kid up... ) Shinjiro thought as he continuously watches the chase unfold in front of him.

*Bam!*

[ ...! ]

But before the kid reaches him, he stumbled and fell.

Evil grins appeared on the faces of the two guys that were chasing the kid. And slowly, they've closed their distance to the kid. The two of them popped both of their necks and their fingers as if they are getting ready to beat him up.

The kid, on the other hand, is only weakly trying to stand up. To Shinjiro, It was pitiful to see the kid's current situation. It was obvious that once his pursuers get him, he will face a rather harsh beating.

Realizing this, Shinjiro clicked his tongue in distress and anger. He looks around the area to see if the people have the same reaction as him. But as he circled his eyes around, he saw no difference in the faces of the people around him. It was as if it was normal for them to see this kind of event happen in their everyday life.

[ So it happened again, huh? ]

[ Well, that kid deserves it. ]

[ Seriously... When will that kid learn that it's not okay to steal? ]

Voices and chatterings can be heard from the people watching. Voices that are all in favor of beating the kid up.

( Steal...? ) hearing that word, Shinjiro unconsciously turned his head back to the kid that was on the ground.

Looking once again, he saw that the kid was definitely hiding a small loaf of bread in his arms.

Of course, as he sees this, he finally realized what was the reason these guys were chasing him, but of course, it only further the reason for him to further his pity to the kid.

To Shinjiro, of course, what the kid did was bad, but maybe he did it out of hunger. That what Shinjiro was thinking.

Like him, the kid must be hungry and decided to steal. As a person who grew in the modern world, Shinjiro believes that stealing is a sin, but he also knows that he has never experience hunger so bad that he needed to steal, that was why he considers the possibility of the kid not having anything to eat, hence why he had stolen.

( But in any case... Getting beat up for a loaf of bread is... ) as he voiced these words inside his head, Shinjiro placed himself between the two guys and the kid.

[ Hey, what do you think you're doing? ] with an angry and twisted expression on his face, the bigger guy between the two that were chasing the little kid asks Shinjiro.

[ Umm... Can you just give the kid that loaf of bread? ]

[ Huh? What do you mean 'give this kid that bread'? Just who are you? ]

[ Well... I'm just a nobody... But can't you at least just give that loaf of bread to that kid? It seems like he really needs it. ] Shinjiro convinced him, turning then his eyes to the kid on the ground looking at the both of them - shaking in fear and confusion.

[ Huh? Are you this kid's parent or something? ]

[ I'm not. ]

[ Then don't try to interfere! ] he shouted angrily at Shinjiro, brushing him then off.

The two of them then closed their distance to the kid, almost just a meter away. But, of course, Shinjiro was still not satisfied with the result of his action of trying to stop them.

[ What are you planning to do with him...? ]

[ Beat him up, of course! This kid is causing too much trouble in this town! Once we left him free like this, it's sure that many more kids like him will steal from us! ]

Hearing those words, Shinjiro clenched both of his fists and teeth tight. He gets what he was saying, but looking at the two guys' eyes as they turn red, he felt like they're only really trying to beat the kid up just for fun and enjoyment.

( My consciousness won't let me rest in regret if I only watch this kid get beat up in front of me... I need to do something...! )

[ Hey, stop what you're about to do. ] tightening himself up, Shinjiro mustered up the courage and shouted.

[ Huh!? Don't try to be a hero kid! We'll beat you up too if you interrupt us even more than this! ]

[ Haah... Then I guess I have no choice... ] saying so, he, just like what the two of them did earlier, has popped his neck and the fingers on both of his hands.

[ What are you trying to do? ]

( Haah... I don't really like acting tough like this as I know I'll only get beaten up in the end, but... )

FLASHBACK STARTS~

***

[ Grandpa! When I grow up, I want to be like Saiyaman who protects the weak and battle angry foes! ]

[ Hohoho! Is that so? I hope I can see you grow up like Saiyaman, then? ]

[ Un! I'll protect everyone when I become Saiyaman! ]

***

FLASHBACK ENDS~

( ...! )

[ SAIYAMAN!!! ] carrying the kid in his arm, Shinjiro shouted the name of his childhood hero to pump and speed himself up.

[ This kid! Hey! stop that kid! He's escaping with that child thief! ]

( Tsk! It's either I Dogeza in front of them, fight them, or run away! But... I guess running away is the best choice! )

[ That coward! Here I thought he was about to launch an attack! He frickin' slid between my legs! ] shouted the larger guy as he continues to chase Shinjiro together with his companion.

[ Pfft... Boss, you know, my anger is already out for the kid, I'm already satisfied...! Hahaha, I can't take it! He frickin' got you, boss! That face you made earlier! I can't take it! Hahaha! ] said and laughed his companion as he follows the larger guy with a red face.

[ Haa!!! I'll get him for this humiliation! ]

( Hehehe... I'm maybe a fragile and weak-looking guy... But running is one thing I'm good at! ) Shinjiro maniacally smiled as the thought of his past actions crossed his mind.

Running away from danger, that was Shinjiro's one specialty. Despite his fragile looks, his legs are fast as they were always used when he runs away from danger, or rather, from his bullies. There was even one time when one of the bullies chasing him passed out from exhaustion. Since then, no one dared to try and chase him.

[ I never thought I will be able to use this skill again, huh? I thought this power of mine already died, but I guess old habits and skills never dies! Hahaha! ]

[ Look at him! He's clearly laughing at me! Haa!!! I'll make this guy pay! Haa Haa Haa... ]

With those words, the boss's legs finally gave up, and he pulled his chest up and down to regain oxygen.

[ Boss, you're clearly out of breath... Look, veins are already popping out of your head... It's just a loaf of bread, boss. Just give up and give it to them. ]

[ Bu... But... That kid... He pissed me off... ]

[ Pfft! I-I know, I know, boss. ]

0