Chapter 2
109 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I examine my condition for a few minutes, analyzing everything, and at first glance, I can deduce this: first, my name is Lycara Shadowalive; second, it seems I have a hybrid class called Biomancer; third, I possess a unique ability, and fourth, the goddess of life, Vitalia, who I believe is responsible for summoning me, has bestowed her blessing upon me. Although now I have a small problem.

"How can I view the status information?" ...I guess the first thing is to try it. And when I thought about checking the information on the biomancer class, a screen appeared in front of me.

{

Class: Biomancer Level: 1

Quality: Epic

Class Type: Hybrid

There are several classes that study the biology of monsters, trying to find a way to enhance an individual's body, but a biomancer is the only one who tries to combine the body of a person with that of a monster. Using their high affinity with life, a biomancer has the ability to take parts of the body from both monsters and other individuals to improve themselves and others, but at the cost of gradually losing sanity if the monster parts are not compatible with the subject.

By level, you gain: +3 in vitality, +2 in strength, +2 in endurance, +3 in intellect, +3 in mana, and 3 in a free attribute.

The user is allowed to have 10 special abilities and 6 shop abilities for this class.

If you ask someone what you should fear more, a monster or a man, some will say the monster, and others will say the man, but what about a man who became a monster?

}

"...Losing my sanity?!"

I couldn't help but shout after reading the description.

"Moreover, if I turn into a monster, isn't that the same as losing my humanity?"

I begin to pace in circles while pondering this, not stopping until I realize I'm biting my nails.

"Calm down, Lycara. First, I'll finish checking what I still need to see in my status, and then I can start thinking about what to do."

With a final mental confirmation of this, I return to my status to see what I haven't checked yet.

{

Unique Ability: Perfect Assimilation

Quality: N/A

Type: Passive

One of the reasons biomancers are so feared is due to the gradual loss of sanity, given that discovering which type of monster is compatible with an individual is difficult. It also limits the scope of a biomancer's abilities to only allow the use of a particular type of monster. However, this ability allows ignoring this risk. By assimilating parts of monsters or other individuals, there is no risk of causing mental intoxication leading to madness in both the carrier and the people or beings on whom the user uses their abilities.

Additionally, it provides passive mental defense to the user, allowing them to ignore any mental conditions within their range and have greater resistance in the case of higher-ranking conditions.

}

{

Basic Ability: Biomancy Level: 1

Quality: Epic

Type: Active

The flagship skill of biomancers, this ability allows the user to assimilate both limbs and organs from another being, either adding them to their own body, combining them with existing organs and limbs, or replacing them entirely. This skill can be used on both the user and other individuals.

This ability can only use objects of a certain rank or lower for assimilation. Current Assimilation Level: +G.

The ability operates at a mana cost, but the cost varies depending on what you want to assimilate.

}

{

Title: Otherworld

This title is proof that you are a traveler from another world. This title grants you an extra 15% experience gain per class level and a 25% bonus in activity level experience.

May the stars guide you, traveler from another world, traveler from another world.

}

{

Title: Blessed by the Goddess of Life

This title is proof that you are blessed by the goddess Vitalia. This title makes followers of the goddess of life have a favorable impression of you.

}

{

Blessing of the Goddess of Life:

This is the blessing of the goddess of life, Vitalia, said to have been created alongside her brother, the god of death, by the god of creation to bring life to the world of Eldoria. This blessing provides a passive improvement in health, endurance, and mana regeneration speed, along with significant resistance to diseases, slowing of aging, and enhanced fertility for the user.

"I wish you the best of luck, Lycara."

}

{

Missions: Path to Civilization

Difficulty: G

You have just been summoned in a forest near a village south of your location. Reach the village to complete the mission.

Reward: 10 shop points 

Note to self: A piece of advice, buy the World Map ability in the shop if you want to know which direction is south.

}

"..."

"Well, I admit I was wondering how I would know where the south is in a world that isn't mine," I said to myself after realizing that it almost seemed like someone was reading my mind.

"Alright, then it seems I won't go crazy thanks to my unique ability," I told myself with a small smile on my face, which quickly disappeared as I realized that I would still lose my humanity by using biomancy.

I... I don't want to lose my humanity or worse, lose myself. I've already lost my memories; I don't even know if Lycara is my real name or if it's just one given to me by the system or the goddess.

"I don't want to lose myself," I say as I feel my eyes moisten.

*Bham* I give myself a slap on the cheek.

"It's not time to cry, Lycara. I still need to check the shop and go to that village if I don't want to sleep on top of a tree," I say the latter while looking at the branches of the trees around me, the lowest of which seems to be about 10 meters (32.8 feet) above the ground.

I open my status again and think about opening the shop.

{

Shop Points: 3

General Abilities / Shop Abilities

}

Select general abilities

{

Analysis: Price 1

Inventory: Price 1

World Map: Price 1

...

...

}

{

General Ability: Analysis

Quality: Epic

Type: Active

One of the highest-level identification-type abilities and a basic skill for an otherworlder. This skill allows the user to see basic information about a target, whether it be a person, monster, or object.

The higher the skill level, the more information it reveals.

}

{

General Ability: Inventory

Quality: Epic

Type: Active A skill that is a variation of the spatial magic spell dimensional storage and one of the characteristic abilities of an otherworlder. This ability allows the user to have a small pocket dimension that only they can access to store non-living objects.

While any item the user can carry can be stored, there is a limited space within 10x10 square meters (1076.4 square feet), which can expand as the user ranks up.

}

{

General Ability: World Map

Quality: Epic

Type: Active

This ability allows the user to access a map that only they can see, displaying all the places they have been, whether in the air or underground. It can also show buildings and points of interest, allowing the user to mark a location they want to go if it's already discovered.

Note: Undiscovered areas appear in black on the map.

}

"Now I understand why it said to buy these abilities," I say while re-reading the skills.

Seeing how useful they are and that the cheapest of any other skill costs 10 points, I don't think twice and purchase all three.

{ Purchased Skills: Analysis, Inventory, and World Map. }

I open my status, and there they are, the three skills under general abilities.

"I guess, following the system's logic, they activate with a mental command."

I test it with the World Map, and in the upper right corner of my vision, there's a circular map showing my location with a blue circle. The image shows that I am in a green-colored area, presumably the forest based on the trees. The map has a golden frame with tips in each cardinal direction, each with a letter carved into it. I look towards the one with an "S" carved and say,

"I guess I know which way to go now."

If anyone asks, the next chapter will not have more explanations from the system, and Lycara will reach the village only after encountering someone.

And to avoid any doubts, Lycara, if she uses her class alone, will not be the type of protagonist who neglects everything without considering the consequences.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

3