Chapter 5
121 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

{
Biomancer leveled up to level 7
}

{
Abilities: (Body Analysis, Basic Life Magic) unlocked
}

{
Hidden Mission: (Escape from the Blood Witch) complete
}

I looked at Aurelia's corpse and then at my right hand, which was covered in blood, processing what had just happened.

"I... I killed her,"

I say as reality hits me.

"I just killed someone."

She approached me with a knife to stab me.

"Oh God, what have I done,"

I say as I clutch my face with my hands, hyperventilating and gripping my face tighter until a pain in my forehead stops me, pressing my face so hard that I pierce my own claws.

"Calm down, Lycara, just think... What other option did you have?"

I say as I exhale to calm myself.

"She said it herself... my life is more important than yours"

I say as I justify my actions.

"And why do you look at me like that?" I look at the witch's corpse still with that hateful look. "You forced me into this," I reflect as I look at my hands now claws of dark black.

I take my knife from the inventory and cut the rope binding my feet.

I get up from the stone table where I am and kick the witch's body, then I look at her finger where she has the only ring, I take it and use analysis on it.

{
Dimensional Ring
Quality: Rare
A dimensional ring of the lowest possible quality only provides 5 square meters (16.4042 square feet) of storage space.
}

Upon seeing it, I realized that maybe my inventory ability wasn't as unique as I thought. I put it on and focused on it, experiencing the same sensation as when I searched my inventory. What I found were some monster bodies, several books, and an egg. The latter caught my attention, so I took it out.

It's an egg the size of half of my palm, black in color, and it didn't have a hard shell; it's soft. I assumed it was either the egg of an insect or an amphibian, so I used analysis on it.

{
Black Shell Centipede Egg
Quality: Rare
An egg of the black shell centipede, known to be a very large and venomous species relative to its rank, which is usually E+. They are comparatively more dangerous than their counterparts of the same or similar rank, but neither their venom nor their physical strength is strong enough to pose a better threat.
}

I looked at the egg in my hand and thought, if I somehow domesticate this centipede and use my biomancy on it, couldn't I make it an individual stronger than the rest of its species?

I admit I still don't like using biomancy on myself, but literally the first person I met in this world tried to sacrifice me in a ritual, so if I could use it on other beings and have them protect me, wouldn't I have to worry less about being killed? I know it's quite hypocritical to want to use my abilities on others and not on myself, but I don't care.

With this idea in mind, I stored the egg in my inventory, gave one last look at Aurelia's body (if that's even her real name) and walked towards the table in the room. The table had more candles, an open book with symbols I didn't recognize, and some vials that upon analysis showed they were low-quality mana potions. I took the potions along with the book; although I don't know its utility, maybe I'll find some use for it in the future. As I was about to climb some stairs on the wall on the other side of the room, an idea struck me.

Maybe... I should take the old woman's body. It sounds bad, although leaving a decaying body alone in the basement of a cabin in the middle of the forest isn't any better. But the idea came to mind because of what she mentioned about adventurers, who I suppose are from the guild of the same name mentioned in the guide given to me by the Goddess. Perhaps there's a reward for her, which considering I have no money or whatever they use in this world, might not be a bad idea.

So, with a bit of disgust for my actions, I approach the witch's body, extend my hand with the ring clenched, and store the body in the ring.
Then, finally, I climb the stairs and exit the basement. The room connected to the stairs turned out to be the witch's bedroom. There was a bed with some clothes, which turned out to be mine. Next to the stairs, there was a wardrobe, which was poorly arranged, so I thought it was to cover the basement entrance, and there was also a full-length mirror.

I took my clothes and paid attention to them for the first time. The blouse was white with visible seams, but it didn't look bad. The pants were black and, aside from the pockets on the sides, didn't have anything else remarkable except for the seams on the sides. The boots for the feet were black with straps of the same color, and finally, the hooded cape I found in my inventory.
I quickly put on the clothes and looked at myself in the mirror. My hair was reddish, reaching down to my neck, with light green eyes, fair skin, thin eyebrows, long eyelashes, a small nose, and a sharp chin.

When I looked at my face in the mirror, it felt wrong... I knew it was my face, but I looked too young. I looked like an 18-year-old; I would swear I should look older.

With the strange sensation still in mind and unable to do anything about it, I resign myself and continue investigating the room. After looking around the room for a few more minutes and finding nothing, I got the idea to look under the bed, and there I found a small box. When I opened it, I found that it had more space than a box of that size should have. I thought about using analysis on the box, but first, I took out what was inside.

Inside the box, I found several coins that seemed to be copper, a few that seemed to be silver, and only two that seemed to be gold, along with several books with leather covers inscribed with words like minerals, plants, storage, etc. These books weren't out of this world, but two things made them stand out: they were made of the same leather as the introduction to otherworlds, and the words were written in the same way. When I took one of the books and tried to open it, I couldn't, but a system message appeared.

{
Do you want to use the skill book (Minerals) for your Biomancer class?
YES/NO
}

I selected no, although I have an idea of what this book is for, I decided to postpone it for now.
I took all the books and put them in my inventory, and I stored the coins in the ring. I closed the chest and used analysis on it.

{
Enchanted Chest with Additional Space
Quality: Rare
A chest with a dimensional space rune used to increase the space inside the chest.
}

I stored the chest in my inventory and left the room. Upon exiting, I went to the room with several books and a desk. I didn't pay attention to the covers of the books, which seemed like normal books and not skill books, and simply put them in my inventory. When I finished storing the books, a system notification appeared.

{
Skill: Inventory leveled up to level 2
}

I ignored it for the moment and looked at the desk. The desk had something resembling a bedside lamp on top, along with a blank sheet of paper and a strangely modern pen compared to everything else, although considering the strange stove in the kitchen, it's not so strange, really.

The desk had two drawers; the first one was empty, and the second one was locked. Since I didn't want to have to search for a key throughout the house, I took out my knife from the inventory and used it to pry open the drawer, which luckily worked, and it opened. Inside the drawer, there was only one book with a red leather cover, which I also put into my inventory along with the knife.

With that, I finished searching through the cabin. Although I still had the kitchen to check, I didn't expect to find anything useful there, and I didn't want to go there anyway. But as I prepared to leave, I realized a problem.

"It's nighttime," I said to myself after glancing out the window.

"...I guess I'll spend the night here," I said resignedly. I returned to the room and lay down on the bed. As I was about to close my eyes to sleep, an idea occurred to me.

"Status."

{
Name: Lycara Shadowlive
Species: Human
Race: N/A
Combat Classes: Biomancer / N/A / N/A
Production Classes: Biomancer / N/A / N/A
Subclass: N/A / N/A / N/A
Statistics:
• Vitality: 22
• Strength: 14
• Resistance: 14
• Defense: 2
• Speed: 3
• Intellect: 22
• Mana: 21
• Free Points: 18
General Skills: Inventory / Analysis / World Map
Unique Skills: Perfect Assimilation
Class Skills: Biomancy
• Basic Skills: Biomancy / Body Analysis / Basic Life Magic
• Special Skills: N/A
• Shop Skills: N/A
Titles: Otherworld / Blessed by the Goddess of Life
Blessings: Blessing of the Goddess of Life
Quests: Path to Civilization
Hidden Quests: Escape from the Blood Witch
}

In the beginning of the chapter, I tried to show how the reality of her actions hit Lycara and how she justified her actions to herself. But tell me how you think it should be written

4