Chapter 9
78 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hello, apologies for taking two weeks with this chapter, but I've been busy lately. But finally, I have a new chapter for you, I hope you enjoy it

I took my knife after Barka's reaction, which seemed to calm down upon seeing me take the knife.
"I'm sorry... it's just that what you said is quite shocking," she said as she sat back down in the chair.
"Why?" I couldn't help but ask.
"Because one of the 3 origin gods invoked someone for the first time in millions of years," Mia replied this time.
"The 3 gods who, even if the world is ending, wouldn't do a damn thing to fix it," Barka added.
I was genuinely confused now, and I suppose it showed on my face, so Barka began to recount.
"As legends have it, in the beginning, there was nothing, only the faint glow of stars against the absolute void," she began. "Then something appeared, or more precisely, someone made it, specifically the god of creation, who, bored by the void and curious about what a star would look like up close, created the sun and it's said that he stared at it for billions of years," she paused and then added. "You may have heard it before, but when someone says 'May the stars guide your way,' it's in reference to how the stars guided the god of creation to the sun, which is why they sometimes call him the sun god. But as I was saying, after spending a long time staring at the sun, he got bored again, so he came up with an idea, to create other beings like himself. Thus began, first he created a huge rock that orbits the sun that we now call Eldora, filled it with water and mana, but when he wanted to fill it with life, he had an idea, to create someone who specializes in creating life so that the world would be varied, and thus was born the goddess of life, Vitalia, and with her, the first inhabitants of the world," she fell silent for a moment and then continued.
"Who have been completely forgotten by time, and not a single record of them is known," she said with a grimace on her face. "And well, at some point after the creation of the first ones, the last of the 3 origin gods was created, Nyxos, the god of death, and since this is not a history class... other species were created, the other gods were born, who used to roam the mortal world, the gods fought among themselves, then the outer gods arrived and everyone had to unite to stop them and so that the world would not be destroyed for the first and last time since the creation of the world and if something, created the barrier that separates the divine beings from the mortal world, which made it so that both the gods of the world and the outer ones could not descend into the mortal world, at least not without some great ritual or a mountain of sacrifices that made them depend on a champion who is a mortal that represents some god, by this time it was when the first otherworld appeared as the champion of the goddess of souls, since then there have been several wars, genocide, exterminations, descents of gods, great sacrifices among a mountain of other things," she said as she laughed a little and Mia looked exasperated by her father.

"And although it's not exactly the best storytelling ever, it's a good summary to understand the importance of your summoning, Lycara," Mia said.

"The three origin gods never, seriously NEVER, intervene except for major calamities and other things that ensure the world keeps functioning like dungeons. The three of them never do anything. You're the first case of someone summoned by any of the three," she added with seriousness.

"So, is that... bad for me?" I said.

"No, well not technically... I think," Barka said with some doubt in her voice.

"Truth is, we don't know how to interpret this," Mia said. "But there's no reason for it to become a problem for you," she added, I suppose to reassure me.

"Anyway, with that, we're done with the necessary questions to register as an adventurer," said the receptionist as she stood up with the clipboard in hand. "If you'll excuse me, I'll finish up the paperwork. Miss Lycara, if you have any questions, please ask the guild master," she said in a brighter tone as she left the room.

"This girl leaving me with all the problems," Barka grumbled before looking at me and saying, "Anyway, do you have a question?"

"How does the rarity system for items, classes, and abilities work?"

"Rarities are divided like this: common, uncommon, rare, epic, and legendary... this is more of a legend than anything, but there's talk of a rarity higher than legendary, Mythic."

"Just a legend?"

"Just a legend, and a little advice: some people say that the rarity of an item, ability, or class doesn't indicate how useful it can be, but that's pure rubbish. Those who say that are people with low-quality classes who would kill their brother for a higher-quality one," she said with a sarcastic smile.

"Oh, and also, don't go around telling people the quality of your class. For example, your Biomancer class is epic. It's also bad form to ask about someone's class, except for a few exceptions, like when forming a group for a guild mission. You need to say what your class does. You don't need to go into details; just say what you can do. For example, if I'm not mistaken, your class can learn healing magic. Just say your class is about that to avoid revealing your class," she concluded.

With all this information, a doubt came to mind.

"How difficult is it to get a class of a rarity higher than common?" I asked.

"Getting common and uncommon class is easy. For common, just one basic ability will do, and for uncommon, two or three abilities are enough. But with unusual, it changes. You need either an evolution from an uncommon class, a difficult-to-learn ability, or a lot of luck. And for higher rarities, it's similar, but even harder the rarer it is," Barka explained.

"I see..." I responded, not having any more questions in mind, so we both fell silent, which was broken by Barka.

"Do you know what you'd like to specialize in?" she asked.

"Specialize?" I repeated.

"I mean, what classes would you like to specialize in, like warrior or mage, since your Biomancer class allows for both," she explained.

"And not one related to production?" I asked.

"Some people only focus on combat classes, and others only on production classes. But if you want to focus solely on production, you should have joined the blacksmith or alchemy guild, not the adventurer's guild. However, if you want, you can also acquire production classes," Barka replied.

"Can I be in the adventurer's guild and another like the blacksmithing guild?" I questioned.

"Yes, practically all the guilds are sister institutions that often work together, and it's not uncommon for someone to be in more than one of them, although the adventurers' guild was the first," she added, the last part with a touch of pride in her voice.

I thought silently for a few seconds. It's not that I liked fighting, but...

"Could I... could I have a good life here without having to fight?" I asked hesitantly.

"Maybe yes, maybe no... In this world, the strong rule. If you're not strong, you'll simply be swept away by the current without any control over what happens. If you're lucky, you'll have a good life, or you might die as soon as you leave this building. Who knows?" she said firmly, her tone devoid of emotion.

"And I... I would like to be a mage," I said, rubbing my neck, remembering my fight with the goblin.

"In that case, I'll give you something," she said as she took out a sheet of paper from her pocket and began to write on it. "Go to the village wizard's tower, talk to the receptionist, and say that you have a letter for the tower wizard from me. That old hag will know what to do next," she said the last part with annoyance in her voice and an irritated expression.

"Anyway, Mia shouldn't take much longer," and as if on cue, the door opened.

"Sorry for the delay, but everything is ready," Mia said as she entered the room and approached me.

When she finished approaching, she raised her right hand, and in it was a kind of sphere like the one on the table, but smaller and light blue in color.

"Please place your hand on the orb and deposit your mana into it to complete your registration with the guild," she said in a friendly tone, but her formal demeanor, along with the professional smile she wore, left no doubt that she had practiced for a long time.

I placed my hand on the orb and felt as if I were pulling something out of me, not physically but rather spiritually. It reminded me of the sensation when I used magic, but a little rougher.

After a few seconds, I stopped feeling that sensation, and the orb began to glow green. Then Mia took out a kind of necklace similar in color to the ones used by the military for identification but in a bronze tone. She placed the necklace on top of the orb, and the orb began to lose its shine until it returned to its initial tone.

"And with this, you are officially a rank F adventurer. Congratulations!" she said.

She handed me the necklace, which I looked at and noticed had my name and surname engraved on it, along with the words "rank F."

"I suppose it's time for your adventure to begin, Lycara the otherworld," said the guild master.

If you're worried about the lack of fights in the next chapter, there will be one with a small timeskip of two weeks.

 

3