Chapter 5 Arrow To The Knee
268 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fate could not help but cry out. 

“Help I’ve taken an arrow to the knee. How can I be a Duke now?” 

Fate looked around in a dramatic fashion hoping. Someone got his video game reference. 

But he found that all of his guards were dead. Seriously how pathetic is his predecessor to have such incompetent guards and unsafe roads? 

So Fate as the ever Paranoid and prepared individual that he is. Did not panic too much since he is now immortal. Not to mention that he possesses the power of Phoenix flames. 

A very powerful tool for combat. Looking at all ten dead guards on the ground. Fate could not help but admire how these guys took incompetence to the next level. 

They did not even bother to put on any armor. Fate decided when he got to Valoria. He would need to set a few examples for his floundering military. 

Then the bandits finally showed up in front of Fate. But they looked disappointed to see that he was not covered in jewels. 

So ignoring the bandits for a second. Fate bent down for a moment and pulled the arrow from his knee. Then he spotted what type of arrow tip. He was hit by on the knee. 

This is not an arrow that normal bandits can get their hands on. It’s made to be very hard to pull out with its serrated edges. Causing massive bleeding and worsening wounds if you try to remove it. 

But the wound on Fate's leg just glowed with a faint golden light. Before it closed up completely. 

Fate set the arrow to the side. Then looked at the “Bandits” Only for them to sneer at him saying. 

“I can’t believe this bastard survived our assault! He must have the devil's luck.” 

Fate found that since he was killed by Truck-kun. He has become rather indifferent to the death and destruction around him. Now these bastards destroyed this carriage and killed his pure-blooded horses. 

Such fine-quality carriages and horses don't just grow on trees and Fate has a great need for money. Since he has so many development plans for this territory. 

Fate looked at a horse that was injured but still hanging on. A crazy idea came to Fate's mind. But the evil scientist moment would have to wait until he dealt with these bandits.

Fate was not going to bother interrogating them. Simply because he is already aware of who is behind this attack. 

As Fate stared down these bandits. A smile appeared on his face as he lifted his hand. Fate's hand released a powerful destructive fire. That flew at these soldiers who were masquerading as bandits.

The bandits tried to fight back with some basic water spells. But what could a normal or even powerful water spell do against Phoenix Fire? One of the most powerful magics in existence.

As these bandits tried to fight back. The Phoenix Fire took the form of a flaming bird. At it turned over a dozen men into ashes in just a few seconds. 

The firebird kept flying around in the air for several more moments burning everyone up. 

“Ahh, what the hell is this firebird?” 

Even water arrows could not hurt it. Neither could normal metal arrows as they melted before even approaching the firebird. 

When all of the attackers were dead moments later. Fate looked at the ground that was covered in a bunch of scorch and burn marks.

“Dam it's going to cost me a lot of money to fix this road. But this is a good thing since I'm going to lay down stone roads anyway.” 

The best way to bring in trade and send out troops. It’s to have good roads. 

Leaving the scorch marks behind. Fate grabbed to arrow that hit him. Intending to use it as a trophy. Can you imagine what people would pay for an arrow that hit the most hated man in the kingdom of Westridge? Well, Fate knew.

Sometimes monetizing your haters can be quite profitable.

Then Fate walked over to the horse dying on the ground. 

Seeing this pure white horse covered in blood made Fate sad. All of this wasted money.

For only one horse out of the four to survive. 

Taking out a dagger Fate was ready to try his first resurrection. An evil scientist-like grin appeared on Fate's face. If anyone saw this face they would flee in fear because of the evil being exuded by him.

So after the horse finally died. Fate cut a small wound on his finger and then fed the horse some of his blood. 

While waiting to see what would happen. Fate cried out.

"Arise Fraken-Horse!"

Read advanced chapters now on my patreon.

www.patreon.com/everstone

10