Chapter 7 The Milf Hunter Arrives
253 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Would you support this story on my patreon?
  • Yes Votes: 3 17.6%
  • No Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Not yet Votes: 11 64.7%
  • Hell yes Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 17

As Fate approached the city gates of Valoria, he could not help but marvel at the sight of this city. Valoria should have a population of over half a million people.

But as Fate was approaching the guards of his house, they immediately recognized him and went to their knees in fear of him.

“My lord, we were worried about you. When your carriage did not show up. What happened to you?”

Fate sneered at these guards. He was positive they hoped he was dead. It seems that some of his plans for being kinder to people need to be reevaluated, at least concerning his people.

As for the treatment of the common folk, Fate needs to improve his image in their eyes. Commoners and peasants are the backbone of any territory.

“Shut up, you incompetent fool. I was clearly attacked by bandits on the road. What the hell have all of you been doing in Valoria this whole time? The roads are unsafe. Send out more patrols to clean up my territory immediately, or all of your heads will roll in the guillotine.”

The guard almost staggered back in fear from Fate looking at his neck. The guards have indeed been quite lax lately, resulting in a great deal of bandits showing up on the roads.

But the guard wondered what kind of idiot would dare to attack the carriage of a Duke; they must be insane.

Then the guard responded to Fate.

“My lord, I will immediately report this to Knight Commander Holms. Then we will immediately move out to secure the roads. Do you need an escort to the citadel? It’s been prepared for your arrival as you ordered.”

Fate simply looked at this guard as if he was an insect. Knight Commander Holmes, that guy will need to be replaced quickly. If you mention people who will stab Fate in the back, that bastard is at the top of the list after the hero and the king.

“Just get to work, you dumbass. I can handle my own matters. Just open the gates for my horse. Then fuck off to your patrol.”

The guard fell on his butt in fear this time. As his muddy ass crawled out of the mud and ran off to carry out my orders.

Fate did not plan to go to Shadow Spire Citadel right away. Since they never gave a name to this citadel in Blissful Paradise, Fate figured that he might as well name the place, since this is where his new home is going to be.

When Fate entered the city, the first thing that came to mind was, this place had quite a bit of wealth flowing through it. With the stone streets, sturdy stone buildings, as well as the tiled roofs. The streets were covered in all kinds of fancy colors, with rich merchants walking everywhere covered in jewelry.

Fate also noticed the presence of slavers on every street corner, selling peasants and children. Fate felt a bit sad since peasant families would sell their kids into slavery so that they could feed the rest of the family. Not to mention the commoners walking the streets looked malnourished, being covered in rags for clothing.

Fate only sighed in frustration. This place is ripe for a peasant or slave rebellion at any moment, not to mention the commoners could cause problems.

Fate took his horse on a ride around the city. But before he did so, Fate bought a cloak to cover himself from a nearby street vendor.

The first thing Fate concluded on entering Valoria: it’s time to raise taxes on merchants, then exempt taxes on commoners and peasants for the next three years, including the grain tax.

Join my patreon today to read up to chapter 10 in advance.

www.patreon.com/everstone

7