Chapter 14 – The Fated Encounter
485 8 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It’s been 8 months since the day I was born in this world. I don’t have any memories of my past life. I don’t have any other memories.

But for some reason, I can understand the language of this world. I have the common sense and the knowledge of magic from this world.

But the most mysterious thing out of all this is the fact that I possess knowledge of a civilization way more advanced than our current one. A vast amount of knowledge in various fields from smithing, and medicine to business. There's a ton of information storming my brain as we speak. I can easily make a sword, I can easily prepare delicious dishes, or build anything I need, I have the blueprint and process in my head and I just need the materials.

For the last 8 months, I’ve used all this knowledge to drastically improve the current situation of the demon realm. The agricultural situation has improved, and the food supply has also increased.

Thanks to the improvement and the increase in the number of weapons produced, we can fend off humans easily. Since they keep attacking us whenever they're bored it's honestly pretty annoying, and it's worse cause we can't harm them too much. If we injure their men they might just launch an all-out attack on us.

Both Mammon and Zelus have also been working their butts off to gather information on the Empire of Yithia and the surrounding kingdoms.

Mammon has already established a trading organization in the Empire and has been working on extort…Ahem…I mean he has been working on doing a reasonable business in the human realm. Zelus has established an information guild in the capital and has started to gather a lot of information on the nobles and powerful figures in the empire.

Mammon seems to be pretty busy these days, but Zelus seems to have come back for some reason.

When I asked Lucifer and Freya why he came back so suddenly, they told me that he felt homesick or something…

I honestly don’t think he’s the type to feel homesick that easily though…and they even told me he likes it when I praise him for the work he's done…hmmm…I should pay a little attention to him once in a while.

I mean he is the demon of envy for a reason so if things go out of control and he gets jealous all of a sudden, I’d be done for…Mm! Let’s praise him a lot and give him lots of head pats from now on!!!

“Um…Acedia-sama?”

“Hm? Yes, Mia?”

Mia’s, the cute little bunny maid I scared the first time I came here. Since I couldn’t control my powers properly at that time, I took my anger on the people around me and as a result, I lost control of myself and ended up harming everyone else. It honestly weighs heavily on my conscience to this day.

Mia’s been assigned as my personal maid. Since I don’t like others entering my room, Mia’s the only one allowed into my room.

What? What do you people even think about me huh? NO! I am absolutely not a lolicon! I indeed like little kids, but that doesn’t make me a pedophile in any way. Understand?!

“Ah!”

“What’s wrong?”

“Uh…it just felt weird.”

“Huh…I guess it’s just your imagination…hahaha…”

I fix my hair in front of the mirror and open the door to my room to find Zelus kneeling right in front of my room.

“Zelus?! …is something wrong?”

“We’ve found a human my lord.”

“…What? How could they get in here?”

A human? Here? There’s no way a human could infiltrate the demon realm.

“It’s not in the castle Acedia-sama. We’ve found a human infant in the Labyrinth of Light.”

The ‘Labyrinth of Light’; A dungeon found in the borders of the demon realm. It’s called the Labyrinth of Light for a reason, for some unidentifiable reason, even though the Labyrinth is deep underground and away from even a shred of light, the light in the Labyrinth never dims.

It would always be bright in the Labyrinth, brighter than the morning light, but not as bright as the morning sun. But it's as bright as the evening light, where the sun sets. A yellowish light which spreads across the dungeon.

“What’s so weird about that? Don’t humans usually enter that dungeon to enter the demon realm and meet their doom in there?”

"It's a child, Acedia-sama."

"A child? How could there be a child? And it would've died by now, right?"

“…It seems that…the child is still alive…Acedia-sama…”

“Huh? Did you protect the child from the monsters?”

“No...After finding the child in the dungeon, I stationed some men to look over it expecting it to be a trap. I didn't see anyone else close to the child and it seems that the monsters around the area have been afraid of the child and are refraining from harming it.”

“…”

“…Um, Acedia-sama?”

“…could it be that the child is so cute that the beasts just don’t wanna eat it?”

“…”

“…”

Both Mia and Zelus looked at me with eyes that shouted out the words ‘Is this the time to be joking?’

“Ahem…anyway, can’t Beelzebub just take care of the child? She’s currently in the borderlines with Lyssa, right?”

“She seems to have a bad feeling about the child, Acedia-sama. So, she’s waiting for further instructions regarding this matter.”

“…sigh…alright we’ll head there then. Mia, pack some baby food for the child and get ready. Where gonna head to the Labyrinth right now.”

“Um…we?”

“Hm? That’s right? Or do you expect me to take care of a baby Mia, my dear? Hmmm?”

“Ah! Of course not, Acedia-sama! I’ll get ready right away.”

Mia trotted along to fetch the things needed. And stopped in her tracks as she turned to me.

"Um...what do human babies eat, Acedia-sama?"

"Mm. You sure do know how to ruin the mood, don't you?"

"Hahaha..."

"Well, cereals or something like yogurt would be the best option. Why don't you ask Emma for some advice?"

Got it, Acedia-sama"

And she trotted along once again.

“Now, Zelus. I want you to track down the people who left the child in the Labyrinth. Don’t apprehend them, just follow them and find out about the child, her family, and the reason she was left in a dungeon.”

It couldn’t have been a kidnapping since they wouldn’t leave the child in a dungeon since they wouldn’t be benefiting from it in any way.

“Understood. Acedia-sama.”

I teleported Zelus to the Labyrinth and waited for Mia. I sat on my bed wondering how a child would've been able to survive all those monsters.

...unless the child's a monster in itself...

After a few minutes, Mia came as fast as she could, her bunny ears shaking from side to side as she came running with a huge bag in her hands.

“Isn’t that a little too much, Mia?”

“Please don’t underestimate raising a child Acedia-sama!”

"You didn't even know what food a baby ate a few minutes ago. And We're not really raising her though…sigh…whatever.

I tend to forget the fact that this child is only 5 years old. She seems so responsible that it makes me feel like such an irresponsible person.

Wait…now that I think about it aren’t I just 8 months old? Doesn’t that make me an infant? Hm-mm! That’s right! I’m way younger than her! If anything, I’m a genius!

Wow! The way I convince myself is just splendid, isn’t it? I might just be good at brainwashing people…at least I’m good at brainwashing myself, I guess.

“Alright, Mia. Shall we get going then?”

“Sure, Acedia-sama.”

“Here we go! To the Labyrinth of Light! And the recipient of the baby food!”

"Ouuuu!!!"

I'm thankful that she's the only one who reacts to my sudden outbursts...

I snap my fingers…snap…everything around us warps, and we vanish in an instant.


Aoi here,

Hey everyone! How've you been? I hope you're having a good day! Have your cereals in the morning and make sure that you babies keep yourselves fed. A fat baby is a cute baby so eat to your heart's content!!!

22