Chapter 15 – The Hidden Celebrity Shows Up for The First Time
479 4 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

About 50 demons, armed in brand-new armor stood happily chattering with one another. They were all stationed in front of the Labyrinth of Light, after hearing that a human child had been placed in the Labyrinth and strangely survived all this time without being devoured by any of the monsters in the dungeon.

“Honestly, it’s been nothing but an easy life after the new Demon Lord took over.”

“Yeah. The life we’ve led until now has been nothing but hardships. The food problem’s been solved, we don’t have to worry about being starved for days and we get a lot of meat on our plates now.”

“You only worry about food huh…but it’s not like I don’t understand, our stamina has improved a lot, and thanks to all the brand-new weapons, armor, and training equipment we’ve been taking care of all the monsters and humans pretty well. What do you think, Dennis?”

“As long as I can serve the Demon Lord, I have no worries…”

…sigh…this guy’s as stiff as always…”

“Honestly…what does he even eat to be like that?”

“I wonder what the demon lord looks like. They haven’t shown themselves to the public after all...”

All of a sudden, the space in front of them warped and two figures appeared out of nowhere. They stood their guard the moment they noticed the change, they were both nervous and ready to strike at any moment.

In front of them stood a beautiful girl and a small little maid by her side. From the looks of it, she seemed like a 16-year-old white-haired girl, but every one of the men who stood in front of her trembled in fear. They knew that she was no normal girl, the experience they've accumulated all these years showed how dangerous, the being in front of them was.

The white-haired girl wore a white coat, her white hair swaying profusely. Their brains identified her as nothing but a normal girl, but every other part of their bodies denied it. They trembled in front of her as if they stood in front of a formidable dragon. There was nothing they could do but quiver in fear...

And the moment they looked into her eyes, those glowing bloody red eyes. they were the most frightening things they’d ever witnessed. It was as if those eyes could see anything and everything. They knew that she'd send their heads flying the moment they took a step forward.

As part of the demon lord army which protected the borders of the demon realm, every one of the people present here were veteran troops who were experienced individuals who faced countless formidable foes. They were the best of the best personally selected by Beelzebub herself. Beelzebub, Mammon, and Zelus were the only ones who had men under their command. The other three were more proficient in fighting solo and they were too full of themselves to bother having to take care of anyone weaker than them.

But the soldiers had never met someone this frightening before. The moment they met the girls’ eyes, they lost their will to fight and fell to their knees one by one, unable to resist the pressure directed at them. Only a handful of people managed to keep standing, and they were panting heavily from the force they felt.

The girl looked at the people around her…she surveyed the people who were still standing as if she were testing them from the start. They were nothing but playthings in her eyes, they knew that she could've killed each one of them in mere seconds. She possessed an aura rivaling their leader, Beelzebub, and the other Seven Deadly Sins... or maybe even stronger...

A faint smile crept over her lips, and the pressure they were feeling started to ease up, and in an instant, the pressure that coursed through their bodies dissipated into nothing. It just felt like a calm breeze flowing through the wast plain as if nothing ever happened.

Once the pressure was completely gone, the people who were still on their feet fell over, not because they were afraid of her, but because they were relieved that they were still alive. They were holding their breath all this time and were now breathing heavily from the relief they felt.

And there was only one person still standing on his feet, his name…is Dennis. A newbie who rose through the ranks faster than anyone else before. He was a genius who was well-versed with his sword.

“Wow…” the beautiful girl held her mouth, acting as if she were surprised by this man still standing on his feet. She had amusement written all over her face.

“I didn’t think there’d be anyone still standing.”

She approached this man, held her index finger out…and launched an indescribable push on the soldier’s forehead. The moment her fingers touched his head… the man fell flat on the ground.

Everyone standing there looked at the man fallen on the ground with surprise in their eyes.

“Ptff… hahaha…” the little girl burst into laughter, and all of us around burst out laughing. The man in front of her was unconscious, as if he already left this world the moment the girl appeared. In a normal situation, even the soldiers would have laughed at him at the sight they'd witnessed, but they didn't have the energy to even do that. They were completely drained unable to move their bodies.

The girl with white hair checked if the guy was still breathing and closed his eyes. She held her hands together in a praying position. As if she were praying for his death.

None of the people here knew who this girl was, and they didn’t even know why she was there. But they all knew one thing in common.

They found this girl familiar in some way, they felt like this person was the one they’d all been serving this whole time. They didn’t have proof, but deep down, they all knew that this unrivaled beauty was none other than the new Demon Lord herself.

 

POV Change

Hmmm…I might have gone a teensy bit too far with my prank…ahem! I mean a test of courage. That’s right! This was simply a test of courage and not by any means a prank to have some fun since I was a little bored these days. Mm! That’s right! Purely a test of courage for the soldiers of the almighty demon lord’s army.

But I honestly didn’t expect someone would faint because of this. And to make it worse it seems that he passed out while standing. I checked if he was dead, but it seemed like he was still breathing, hope he's fine.

This may end up being an embarrassment for the rest of your life, my boy. But I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

After I was done with my small prank…uh, I mean test, a group of bugs flew towards me from the Labyrinth entrance.

The small insects started merging right in front of me, as the form of a girl gradually formed in front of me. And in a few seconds, Beelzebub stood right there, bowing elegantly as always.

“I’m sorry you had to see such an unsightly behavior, my lord.”

“Oh! Don’t worry about it. It’s my fault for pulling a prank…um…I mean…testing-yah testing them all of a sudden.”

“Thank you for your generosity, my lord. And I shall make sure to discipline these worthless soldiers thoroughly.”

“Mm! Just go a little easy on them, okay?”

This person scares me sometimes you know...


Aoi here, 

I hope you enjoyed the chapter and look forward to tomorrow's big reveal!!!
Sry but the release will be a little later than the usual time since I'm a little busy tomorrow. And do wish me luck cause it's a big day for me💙

22