Chapter 22: Dummy!
32 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Idiot!”

“Fool!”

“Dolt!”

“Nincompoop!”

“Numbskull!”

“Jerry!”

“Baka!”

“Baka?”

“Baka baka baka!”

“Baka baka baka!”

““Baka baka baka baka baka””

“What are you two doing?” I was staring at Mara and Mari (Wild Child), who were writing on some blank flashcards on the floor in the living room.

“I’m trying to get Mari to stop using vulgar language, and what better way than flashcards?”

“But why were you saying synonyms for dummy?”

“Because it’d be funny.” There it is. The Mara logic. Then again, thinking about it, there’s an alarming amount of people I know who do things because they find it funny. Like the person sipping wine on the couch. “Why are you still here Chaos? Didn’t your thing with me finish?”

“It did. I’m here because I’m homeless now. I got evicted and figured I could crash here. I could go live with some of my descendants, but they’re either dead, dead to me, both, or want to fuck me. I’d rather not fuck with a descendant. I may be into idiots, but not idiots with my blood… divinity? Whatever it is we share.”

“Please go live on the streets then.” I looked to the side of Chaos and saw Izanagi calmly sipping tea out of a cup he bought himself, and next to him was a high school girl who had a familiar aura to her, but I couldn’t pin down what was so familiar about it. She was curled up like a ball, looking like she was about to cry. “How about you, Izanagi? Why are you here, and who is that?”

“Is it not common for a parent to visit the household a child of theirs stays at? As for who this is, it is my child Susanoo.”

“Susanoo? Weren’t they male?”

“Consider this a consequence of their actions.”

“I see.” Off in the distance, I heard a door slam, and Sam came bolting into the living room, wielding her weapon.

“SUSANOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!” she screamed, whilst brandishing her odachi.

Susanoo peeked from out of her body ball and came into eye contact with Sam, immediately jumping up and summoning a set of armour and a weapon after. “SAMURAAAIIII!!!!”

Susanoo pointed her weapon at Sam, letting out a bolt of lightning which blasted Sam out of the house, and soon she chased after Sam’s flying body.

“It is great our children get along, Evelyn,” said Izanagi, with one of those warm grandpa smiles.

“I don’t see how that’s getting along.” I’m pretty sure those two are willing to fight to the death with each other.

“They say couples who can fight tend to stay longer together.”

“They’re not a couple.”

“Pretty ironic coming from you, Live Izan.”

“I do not appreciate that nickname, Chaos.”

“Shut it, loser.”

“You are starting to aggravate me.”

“Is that so? Well, go cry about it to your wife, then.”

“You very much well know we are no lo-”

“Holy shit. You’re so fucking argumentive.” The two of them continued arguing, with Mara blocking Mari’s ears and glaring at Chaos, who was using every swear I could think of and then some more.

Mori walked in, holding a glass of milk, and quickly looked at her fellow Roundtable members arguing. “Why are they here?”

“Chaos is homeless, and Izanagi came here to see Amaterasu. Why are you wearing my shirt?”

“Because I didn’t bring my clothes.”

“When was the last time you went home?”

“Uh… ages. I’m going to be honest, I’ve been sleeping in your house and using your stuff while you were in a coma. I was evicted, so I’m technically homeless.” She took a sip of her milk. “Like Chaos.”

“You can continue to stay here, then. Mara could set up a room for you, but I have a feeling you’ll just sleep in my room or May’s.”

“Thanks Eve, and is that an invitation?”

“Hold up!” Chaos pushed Izanagi to the side and came face to face with me. “You let her stay and not me?”
“Your breath stinks.”

“I’m homeless.”

“Fine… fine. You can have the couch.”

“And you can have this wine.” She handed an empty bottle of wine, kicked Izanagi off the couch, then promptly fell asleep on it.

Izanagi stood up and straightened his suit. “I think I will go deal with Susanoo. I will come to visit again.” He walked out of the hole in the wall Susanoo made earlier.

“So… what’s for dinner, mom?”

“Ooh, can I have chicken nuggets? I fucking love chi- OW!” Mara had chopped Mari (Jester Variant) on the head. “I’m sorry for swearing, and I won’t do it again.”

“Why are you trying to get her to stop using vulgar language?” I asked.

“Because swearing is bad, and it’s an older sister’s job to straighten out the young ones.”

“You’re a problem child too!” I yelled at her. She’s always teasing me, constantly says suspicious stuff, and is also an assassin.

“My problems are funny!” She yelled back, thinking it was a logical reason.

“So?! They’re still problems! Also, who decided you were the older one?” Pretty sure all the avatars are technically the same age.

“I did!”

“I find it ironic you’re the one who is straightening her out,” added Mori. I don’t know what she means.

“I thought so too. It’s why I specifically said straighten instead of discipline or correct. Haha… comedy,” agreed Mara. Again, I have no idea.

From the hole in the wall came Sam, whose clothes had rips and tears all over and holding her odachi, which was significantly shorter than before the fight.

“How was the date, Sammy?” asked Mara, who for some reason had Mari in her lap. Sam weakly put a thumbs up whilst trying to smile, despite clearly being in pain, before collapsing on the floor.

“What a peaceful day,” said Mori, blissfully smiling.

“Yeah… peaceful,” I sarcastically reply. I was getting tired by the minute. I think I’ll go sleep, despite it only being the morning.

Mara, Mari, Mori. I'm starting to get somewhat confused. As for the thing I forgot last chapter, I've still forgotten. Eh, if I can't remember, it probably wasn't important anyway. I've been thinking of getting a proper cover, but I don't know any artists. Well, I do know one, but I feel like she'd be too busy. I'm sure someday I'll either change it or come up with some bullshit reason as to why it's grapes.

2