Prologue (Volume 1)
89 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

To all readers whether new or old.

It is a pleasure to greet you, this is a new novel, my mistake, this is a spin-off of a novel that exists under the same name.

I suggest you read up to volume 8 of the original novel to be able to read this because chronologically we take a detour from the main story to get here.

At the same time in volume 9 of the main story it will be mentioned that this spin-off event ended.

I'm telling you so you don't have complications when reading it, we will be jumping from main volume to spin-off volume until we finish the story, which is short, besides.

I hope you like it.

I was having a strange dream.

There were a bunch of people running and shouting.

They were saying something, I couldn't hear what they were saying because it was an illustration of that game.

Suddenly a monologue from the heroine opened up.

"I don't understand, why can't my magic heal them?"

The heroine was in the church healing a sick person.

Her face showed utter despair, the patient died as the dialogues indicated.

"I am sorry. My powers are insufficient, sorry."

She was really apologizing for not being able to heal him.

But what exactly is this?

I suddenly saw my hands holding the console control and they were black.

I screamed in panic.

"Uwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

The environment around me changed from a simplistic room with games and food around to a first class hotel alcove.

I remembered at last.

I, Razel Bartlet, a young Japanese man reincarnated in a world of otome games, was frightened by a nightmare.

I looked to my sides because I felt something strange.

To my left was the heroine, Lily. While to the right was the villainess daughter, Elize, both of whom are my fiancées.

I am a citizen of the Arklight Empire and it has been a week since the incident of Alvin's attack happened.

I thought for a second that I died again and woke up in some zombie game, but that's not the case.

I went back to bed after wiping the sweat off my face.

(It was a horrible nightmare. I should stop reading horror books with Celia before bed, I miss the movies.)

I closed my eyes to go back to sleep peacefully.

But it was not a good dream.

I dreamed about it again.

But it was different, a huge mountain of corpses was piled up and some men were talking after covering their faces.

"We can't control it. No matter what we do."

"Is it what I think it is?"

"Without a doubt."

The man walked over to a freshly brought body, lifted the sheet and there was my face covered in gangrene.

"It's an epidemic. A deadly virus has struck the empire and there is no cure."

"Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

I got up screaming again and this time Eli and Lily woke up worried.

"Razel-kun!"

"What's wrong?"

"I remembered!"

I shouted something I shouldn't say, the reason being...

"It's that goddamned event!"

At this moment, one of the worst events that happened was unfolding, after finishing the prologue of the game.

After calming down, I couldn't fall asleep and kept thinking until the sun finally came up.

Eli and Lily were waking up, I reassured them and told them I would be down for breakfast soon.

I waited and waited until I was ready to go on.

What was I waiting for?

Simple.

There was a game event happening right now.

But this event wasn't just happening outside of the main plot, it wasn't even happening in the empire.

Why would a game event happen outside of the main setting?

Damned lazy developers who wanted to be original.

I remembered details of that event as I walked down the stairs and went to the dining room.

The event is about a mysterious epidemic sweeping the empire.

Not much was detailed other than a few details. The event is about Lily having to earn points with the temple before being recognized as the saint.

If this was the best way they could come up with that, I should kill the developers for doing it.

The epidemic is controlled because Lily found the cure, she diluted her magic power in water and everyone drank it.

In the end there were many casualties and Lily started to be called the saint.

Sounds like a very important canonical event. It's a shame I have to destroy it because everyone's life is in danger.

Such event is unleashed after the time lapse of four years. That is to say that at some point in the prologue the disease was developing in the foreign country.

It is never revealed how it arrived or who brought it.

It is only known that the epicenter was a kingdom with no connection to the empire which was destroyed because it had no way to deal with the epidemic.

I am frightened.

An event of this caliber where I can't hit it is a formidable enemy no doubt.

Why are all the events not people I can hit?

I don't like having to explore or dig into mysteries.

Fucking developers stressing me out!

I finally got to the dining room and Barbara asked me after seeing me slumped over.

"Razel-kun, are you feeling bad? Didn't you sleep well?"

What should I answer?

I have to leave the country in order to stop that event, only I know that something like that will happen.

I can't just say "There will be an epidemic, we have to take precautions" they would look at me weird and especially that I don't know the symptoms.

I guess I have to take a chance.

I walked over and said to all the girls who were having breakfast together.

"I'm sorry, but I have to leave on a trip and without you girls."

"On a trip? Where to?"

"Out of the country."

"...!"

Everyone was surprised when I said that.

(Quickly think of something you can come up with...)

I stared at the jam Evelyn was spreading on her toast, that would work.

"It's an adventurer's job. But this is a job that was given to me personally because of the merits I've made."

"What kind of job is it?"

"Well..."

I made up an excuse.

"I was told that I have to bring some herbs and samples that grow abroad, I haven't been given details of the place, but it's a country that is on bad terms with us and those herbs are needed by the ministry of magic."

"And it's a request from the prime minister through the guild master."

(I did it!)

(I involved multiple people in a lie.)

(Where they get to find out they'll do something to me I'm sure.)

Barbara hit the table hard, I could see the anger through her beautiful eyes flooded with hatred.

"Again bothering us those old fucks. They really seem to enjoy annoying the Rosenberg family with their bullshit."

(She believed it!)

(If Barbara believes it and gives weight to what I say with her hateful comments, easily the others can believe it.)

Eli glared at me, got up and walked out of the place.

Lily asked me the most natural thing in the world.

"Can't you refuse it?"

"I can't. It's a task that only someone like me who possesses good running and fighting skills can. I was told that I would be rewarded secretly since they can't make it public due to embarrassment."

(Uwooh!)

(I'm messing up so badly that I'll surely get a severe punishment! Shut up already, me!)

Evelyn and Celia also asked.

"Can't anyone else get that?"

"Can't we really go with you?"

"They said no. Thanks to the events where I've been, they saw an analysis of my skills and said I was the fittest."

"I'd like to be with you, but I don't want to put you in danger. It's best if I go alone, it's not like I want to be away from home too long either."

Eli finally returned and brought with her a book.

It was a copy of the manual given to all adventurers.

"Razel, I know we can't stop you and that you do suspicious things without us knowing. But I understand better than anyone that when you want to do something and not involve us, it's because it's risky."

"According to the manual, an adventurer who has another trade or is part of some club or company and must leave the country, must have a document stating what they will do and will be given a time limit quota of minimum three months."

"That means that whatever you will be doing must be within the minimum three months if you will not have problems. Remember you barely finished last school year, this year there will be no vacation or days off outside of the weekend."

"We are here to rest after the tests you have taken."

She came over and gave me a tight hug.

"I can make sure you don't lose points for not being. But really tell me if you won't be doing something you don't want us to know about and are looking to do it without help."

(Really, Eli understands me when I do something that is part of the game.)

(I'd like to tell them the truth, but no one would believe me.)

(It's time to lie to them until all the dangers are over.)

"It's an adventurer's job, I really don't want to go, but it's necessary for everyone."

"It's okay. You always do everything to ensure our safety."

"I just ask you to be careful. It's generally rare for someone who isn't a trader to go out of the country."

"Really?"

Lily asked about something that always intrigued me in this country.

Why do they have the doors closed to so many foreigners?

"In the past, the empire was an enemy of many countries. That generated a strong hatred for us to grow and it was decided to close the borders so that no one would enter."

"Of course, there was immigration in the past and some people did not want to leave those people to their fate. But many hate foreigners."

"It's complicated to say, there seems to be a strong hatred and rejection of all those who are not from the empire and that's why many choose to close their borders even if the palace says it's for the sake of trade."

"I see, these are complicated things on a personal level. But is the palace like that too?"

"As of today there are many who want to drive out the demi-humans or those who are foreigners. Really this is a never-ending struggle for multiple reasons."

"But if I am honest, I support closing the gates because there are many who hate us. We haven't done anything to them, but they would kill us if they could... or so my grandfather used to say."

"I see. You're worried that someone will find out I'm from the empire and want to kill me."

"Should I bring someone along as backup?"

"Please."

Take someone, huh.

Amy is still resting after expending a lot of magic power.

Glenn told me that a girl knight serving us could be of use, but she's at rest after the fight.

I could ask the demon king for help... of course not, I die first before asking that guy for help.

I'll look for a way to infect him alone and kill him once and for all.

Maybe Cid.

But I don't want anything to happen to him now that he is the second prince and I have to take care of him.

There is only someone left who is not an acquaintance who would charge me to go.

I opened the doors and called out to her.

"Leila, come here a moment!"

Just like a pet running after being called by its master, Leila came running out of the garden where she was sleeping with her belly exposed.

She sat down in front of me. She is more of a dog than a beast person.

"What's wrong master? Let's go play!"

(Don't tell it play when you really want to rip some animal's throat out and hand me its carcass)

"Leila, I need to ask you this."

"What is it?"

"I'm going on a trip abroad and I wanted to know-"

"A long-term trip!"

"Leila wants to go! Leila wants to take a long walk with the master!"

"No. It's not a ride, we're going to- forget it, thanks for agreeing."

"Come in to change, we'll be leaving soon."

"Yes! A long ride with the master!"

Eli and the others looked at me with concern.

I told them I was fine.

"She may be silly, and a lot of it, but Leila is reliable...I think."

"Goodbye, everyone. I'll be back soon, I swear."

"Goodbye Razel-kun."

"Take care of yourself."

"Bring us gifts."

"Don't let some strange woman seduce you, I mean it."

Barbara was the only one who didn't say goodbye, but she cried a lot.

She gave me a lot of money before we got into the limo and headed for the train station.

Of course, I will exchange the money at the border after checking the name of the kingdom on that map.

The trip was as I expected, long and boring.

At least Leila had fun after sticking her face out of the window.

It took two days to get there as I first had to go to the adventurer's guild to do the paperwork to go abroad.

It would be troublesome for Eli to go and ask if it was true or not, so I told them a half-truth by omitting the guild master and using the emperor who said it was an immediate order.

We arrived at the territory of Count Koniz, a corrupt nobleman who is not destroyed just because his corruption lay in eating too much. You could say he hurts his own body and that is a crime.

I was waiting in line for the official to grant me permission to leave.

The exit permit is vital for the citizens of the empire to be able to leave and enter the empire without any problem.

You could say that this is a visa exclusively for us.

Another reason to wait is that some officials are deceitful and like to take hefty sums of money from those who enter, and if you are a merchant who wants to do business with the empire, you must go through this hellish duty.

In the case of Celes' territory, she says she makes sure not to harm anyone.

The official handed us both the document and we stood in front of a large gate that connected to a huge wall.

This gate was the boundary that marked the limits of the empire and the rest of the world.

I am amazed, it is the first time in my life that I go on a trip.

Not even when I was Japanese was I able to leave the Tokyo metropolitan area.

The door opened and several, including us, stepped out.

I set foot outside on the ground that was covered with stones.

It was sand, the same sandy soil you find in the countryside is what I am stepping on.

The wasteland in front of me was what the stereotypical borders expected.

A clay-colored terrain, with a few trees scattered everywhere.

It was amazing.

Not great, but amazing.

"This is what it feels like to leave the country, it's a weird feeling."

"Master, where should we go?"

"Give me a moment."

I pulled out the map I bought and checked our location.

"Apparently we're in no man's land, it's unclaimed territory. We haven't entered any borders with any countries yet, but I saw what our destination is."

"We're going east, come on Leila."

"Yes!"

It feels very exciting to realize an adventure straight out of a game.

We were walking along the path that the map indicated when suddenly we saw it, in the distance there was a large structure that was located on a mountain.

It was a fort, it is one of the borders of the country and in order to enter this kingdom we must pass through there.

But the strange thing was this.

"Master, they are being attacked."

"That's what I'm seeing."

From our location we were watching how they were being attacked by invaders.

It is a bad day for us as we must go in there and be handed a document stating that we entered the country legally.

"Master, should we go through the forest and move on?"

"Umm, it's possible that, but I want everything to be legal so we don't have any problems in the future."

"What do we do then?"

"I guess we'll have to help them."

That would make the most sense, but there is a question mark.

"Exactly who should we help? We don't know who the enemies are."

"..."

As if it was a gift from heaven, in the distance he saw a man in armor with a special engraving on his chest, it was the flag of his country, behind him were other men who had a different flag engraved on their chest.

"Leila, we've found the victims, let's go save them."

"Aye, aye!"

We quickly dropped our stuff and rushed at the guys attacking a lone knight.

What was the chance that they were actually the victims?

No, seriously, what's the chance I wasn't screwing up?

It was too late to think about it.

Leila and I finished off the men and I approached the knight who fell to the ground.

"Are you okay?"

"Y-Yes. Thank you..."

"Who are you?"

"We are adventurers and want to enter the country legally. But it seems the situation is critical."

Even flames were coming out of the place.

The knight grabbed my arm and looked me in the eyes while spitting blood.

"Please save that person."

"Person?"

"In the highest tower... that's where it's room is... please save it..."

The knight fainted like any average NPC after giving a slight mention of the side quest to accomplish.

"Leila, you heard him. Let's go in and finish everyone off, the goal is to save the person in the tower."

"It's a lot of fun to kill wimps."

(Don't say it's fun to kill.)

We quickly went to enter the place.

I proceeded to break down the door and then we were met by the knights who were companions of the wounded subject.

They attacked us, but we dodged their attacks and went straight for the jugulars of the invaders.

I quickly introduced myself.

"Hello everyone. We're adventurers and we were asked to take these guys down, just ignore us."

I repeated that every time I went up to a floor and took out the enemy.

I felt like I was in a game, ah that's right, this world is one.

After eliminating those who were in my way to go to the tower, I said to Leila.

"Leila, I'll go rescue that person in the tower, take care of the rest for me."

"Aye aye!"

Leila jumped from the fifth floor to the next and proceeded to rip everyone's throat out from my position.

As I moved forward and took out the invaders with punches and kicks, I finally found the door that connected to the tower.

Someone had set a fire, smoke was pouring into the place.

I kicked it hard after shouting "Get out of the way!" and entered the place.

Everything was just like a sauna, I couldn't see anything.

But I heard a sound coming from in front of me.

Accompanied by heavy breathing.

I knelt down and bowed my head, a nobleman or the son of a nobleman should be here and I had to show him politeness and that I am not a threat.

"Nice to meet you, I am an adventurer and I have come to help you. Please let me get you out of here."

The person did not respond, but I noticed it was not one but two.

"Excuse me, I didn't know there were two of you."

I walked over to them and grabbed them by the waist and as if they were luggage I lifted them up.

They were not heavy, even a pleasant aroma was coming from these people.

I immediately went outside but my path was blocked by someone.

"Hey, what do you think you're doing?"

A black guy with a shaved head stood in front of me, I didn't take any relevance as I kicked him hard in the face.

"You're in the way, get out of the way!"

The guy went flying against the stairs and surely fell down to die from the height.

I ran at high speed because the flames were reaching the place.

I left the rescued people with a knight, after releasing them I noticed that they were women in elegant dresses.

I approached a knight who was coming along with Leila who was covered in blood.

"Master, this guy is the one in charge of delivering what we need."

"Thank you so much for helping us, I mean it."

"These guys sneaked in at night and attacked in the morning where we were less prepared to receive an attack due to fatigue."

I have a lot to say about that, but I don't care.

"Please give me the document."

I want to leave quickly before they ask me questions.

He handed me a card indicating the place we entered.

"Kingdom of Britannia, huh."

"Thank you for this."

A knight approached me from behind.

"Excuse me, but there's someone who wants to talk to you."

"Ah, Leila! Look at the time!"

"We're leaving! Goodbye!"

I took Leila's hand and we fled the place.

"Master, our things."

"We'll turn around after we leave here and come back. I told you we should only enter legally."

"I-I understand."

And so it was with inconvenience that we entered the Kingdom of Britannia.

We start the first fanservice until there are more characters. The cute, silly and clueless Leila for the furry lovers.

https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/7176502

1