Side Story ─ Vandimion Empire
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With this extra story we officially finish the volume, but don't sing victory yet.

There's still the author's notes where I'll talk about this volume, the next one and an important news.

The Vandimion Empire is one of the three countries that is part of the United Kingdom of Albion.

A long time ago, a war occurred, which led to a larger country they belonged to being destroyed.

The survivors fled their own country as the last princess founded a small nation which was unprotected.

Then, like a miracle, two small nations came to her aid.

One of them was the Kingdom of Britannia and the other was the Holy Principality of Rosania.

All founded indirectly or directly by women.

Naturally, the men in power did not like that and hid some historical facts.

As time went by, Vandimion acquired land and military power.

Thus, he managed to become the representative of those three allied nations.

But there is a problem with them.

To begin with, they are not exactly an empire.

Several centuries ago, there was a country that managed to officially become an empire.

Being the second largest empire in the world, it won that right over the then not yet founded "Ideal".

The Arklight Empire found out, they went to massacre them for daring to compete with them.

For that reason, the Vandimion Empire is only so called by the people of their own country.

Outside their territory it is known as the Knightdom of Vandimion.

They are afraid that if Arklight found out that there is a country that wants to rival them, they would slaughter them without hesitation.

◇◇◇

A man was returning home from a mission.

His skin was black and his hair shaved white, golden eyes and tall.

Argos Zai Oxis was his name.

In front of the door stood his captain.

A man similar to him, to the point you might think they were related.

The man was also tall, black skin and white hair with golden eyes, but middle aged.

But he was not a relative, it was just a mere coincidence of his skin tone.

That man was the hero of this country, Byron Zai Vegalta.

Byron asked Argos after seeing him in a terrible state.

"What happened to you, did you fall off a roof? Hahaha."

"As a matter of fact, it was like that."

"What's that?"

Byron quickly got up from his comfortable chair and left his half-eaten pastry to go check on his subordinate.

He made sure he didn't have a scratch on him.

He looked like a father comforting his son after falling off his bike.

"Captain, I'm not a child."

"You said you fell from a great height, or did you lie to me?"

"It was the truth."

"While I was waiting for the queen to come out, someone came into her room and pulled her out."

"I was about to draw my sword when it kicked me in the face and I was falling on some containing food."

"I was saved by a miracle."

Byron grabbed his shoulders and with a smile said.

"I'm glad you're okay. The mission was a failure, but the important thing is that you're alive."

Argos sighed at those words.

"You know captain, just because I married your younger sister, doesn't mean you have to necessarily treat me like your family."

" You think I don't know the stories of the fearsome Captain Vegalta, foot of steel?"

"..."

"We'd better go eat."

"We'd better do that."

◇◇◇

As they walked down the hallway to go to the dining room.

Two individuals confronted them.

" Oh? But what have we here."

"It's rare to find you out of your office, Captain Vegalta."

"The same could be said for you, Minister Lichter."

A man of medium height, hunched back and somber appearance was smiling.

Next to him was a man in his late thirties, handsome, brown hair and elegant clothes.

He was the fourth prince of this country. Lynos Vel Vandimion.

Lynos looked at Argos and asked.

"Why are you here?"

"You should be in the fortress of the kingdom."

Argos turned his face away as he answered.

"I'm sorry. But we had to run away."

"Everything was going fine when some weird guy showed up, I didn't get a good look at him but his voice was that of a young adult no doubt."

"I didn't ask you that. I asked you."

"Why are you here?"

"Huh?"

They had no idea what the prince was talking about.

But with a look of disappointment he said.

"You failed a mission, and you're coming home to get your wounds licked."

"You're the worst kind of dog there is."

"...!"

Immediately Byron came to Argos' defense.

"With all due respect your highness."

"Oxis is a good soldier, but if someone I consider to be able to best me, reports that he was easily defeated by someone."

"It means the kingdom has someone really strong there."

"To everyone who returned we should get the information out and with that gather opinions on whether we have a possible threat that could be a danger to us."

"You're babbling."

Replied the fourth prince.

"More importantly Vegalta. The meeting is soon to begin."

"My older brother made a mistake, he's an idiot so I'm not surprised."

"A mistake you say?"

"That's right. The mistake is that he summoned the queen to a meeting when there were other plans."

"I'd like to say it was all his fault, but dad would be angry."

"Understood. I'll get ready for the meeting."

"All right, Ronoa, let's go."

"As you say, Your Highness."

The fourth prince and his subordinate continued on their course.

Left alone, Argos kicked the wall.

"That damn prince is annoying and more so the leech following him."

Byron felt the same way.

"Though I wouldn't want to speak ill of anyone. Minister Lichter is not the most trustworthy person."

"After all..."

He looked both ways before answering him by leaning closer to his ear.

"Very few know he's planning a coup."

Argos nodded and in the same low tone of voice replied.

"I still don't understand how we ended up supporting a guy like that."

"Because he promised us a better future for the citizens, a future that since the late previous king has been taken away from them."

"The current king is the worst and his other sons are not the best choice."

"Let's go eat quickly and then go to the meeting."

"Understood."

The world was still moving in a direction Razel could not avoid.

This meeting would mark an important event for him, and, "her."

The final fanservice is for the second princess, Lilie.

https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/7384164

0