Chapter 11: Abducted
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a rainy day that I never want to remember again as I walked out of school with my umbrella.

A mountain bike stopped beside me, I raised my eyes and saw Erik Wesley, my classmate. He shook his hair, it was dripping wet. In a cool way, he said, "Desiree Li, where is your home? I can take you home.”

"No, thanks. Someone will pick me up later," I told him. Looking down at my watch, I saw that it was only just half-past four, still early.

Jonathan called and said he was coming to pick me up at school because it was raining. I couldn't understand the logic between the rain and his action, but I didn't refuse it. Usually, the school was over at five o 'clock, but today it finished a little earlier, so I expected to wait for a while.

"Look at the heavy downpour, let me accompany you to shelter from the rain.” Erik brushed his hair with the fingers, revealing a rebellious and handsome face. Puppy love was not something new in junior high school when boys and girls were easily attracted to each other. I didn’t feel the same way and wasn’t bothered about boys.

“It's fine, someone is coming soon," I assured him. The moment I finished the words, a beat-up jeep stopped in front of me, and the back door opened quickly.

I was wondering why Jonathan would come in this vehicle, but then a strange man rushed out, covered my mouth and dragged me into the car. My skirt hooked on the door handle and tore, revealing my fair-skinned leg. "Drive quickly!” the man shouted. I knocked on the window desperately, looking out hopelessly.

My legs felt cold, I looked down and saw a pair of hands reaching under my skirt and touching my legs. Without hesitation, I slapped the man in the face. He didn’t expect that and slapped me back twice. I regret that I had done that.

Then, his hand reached out to my face again. I flinched in shock, grabbed my backpack and hit him. "Dare you to touch me again, I'll kill myself, " I said.

"You dare to threaten me." He slapped me again, but much harder, causing my lip to bleed.

"Kalvin! Control yourself!" the driver said, “How can we get the ransom if she is beaten to death?"

" I haven't had a woman for a long time,” he replied.

"Sort out the money first,” said the driver.

"You can call my father. If you don't hurt me, he will give you the money you ask for, no matter how much,” I said in fear. Although I was not sure how important I was to Jonathan, I said it anyway.

My cheeks hurt, and I kept saying, "He's rich, and he loves me so much. If you don't hurt me, he will do anything!"

"That's right, good girl." Kalvin said as he touched my face and squeezed my chin, asking, "Do you have a telephone? Call your father right now!”

"Yes, I do!” I took my phone out of my bag and dialed Jonathan’s number. After a while, I heard him pick up and answer, “Desiree, is the class over? There's a traffic jam, go back to the classroom to wait for me.”

His voice was so beautiful and comforting that I burst into tears. "Dad...... "I didn't have time to continue, the phone was taken away by Kalvin.”

"Your daughter is in my hands now, and if you want her to live, follow my instructions!" he ordered Jonathan.

The phone was silent for a few seconds, "What do you want? " asked Jonathan, his voice was trembling. “Send my daughter back now. I will give you anything."

"I am not a fool!” Kalvin smirked, and a long scar on his face stood out. Then, he gave the orders, "You have an hour, get $5 000,000 in cash!"

"Give me the address and I'll have the money delivered in five minutes,” Jonathan replied.

"Good. The coffee shop on the corner of Third Street. If I don't get the money in five minutes, you won’t see your daughter again." Kalvin insisted.

"Okay!" Jonathan exclaimed. I thought he may have threatened them, but he didn’t and just obeyed the orders. Seeing Kalvin was about to hang up, I screamed desperately.

Kalvin was infuriated, and covered my mouth, muffling the sound of my words. Then he began to frisk my body and found nothing, so he took off my watch and threw it out of the window along with my mobile phone.

0