Chapter 14: Killing the Kidnapper
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jonathan always wears a suit, along with an extraordinary smile, even when killing people. But today was the first time he didn’t have a suit, wet shirt, only the middle button did and water dripping dropping down onto his open collar...

He squatted in front of me and just looked at me, looking down from my swollen face to my torn clothes and skirt, which almost didn’t cover my legs. He never asked how I felt or what happened.

I didn't want to cry and I turned my face and tried to hold my head up to prevent the tears flowing down my cheeks. But he put his warm arms around me. “Desiree,” he said my name and held the back of my head, burying it in his shoulder.

I cried and complained, "Why did you come so late?" beating my fist against his chest.

I was only a little girl of fifteen, needing a shoulder to lean on, some tender loving care and safe shelter. I just kept crying and hitting him with my fists until I was worn out and eventually calmed down.

Then he let go of me, holding up my swollen face and wiping the tears from my face. “Wait, I'll take you home right now... “Jonathan said, and I nodded.

Jonathan stood up and turned to Troy and using a swift left hook, gave him a good punch. Troy wiped the blood from his mouth with his fingers and after seeing the blood on his hands, did not want to fight back in front of the other men.

Jonathan was angry, “What the hell do you mean? It was done by your men.” he said. “Enough talk. How are you going to deal with the matter?” Jonathan asked.

“It’s your choice what you do with the offender, he said and pointed at Kalvin, who looked so frightened at that stage. Then he said, “I'll deal with it... Don't bother dirtying your hands.”

“You’re not bothered! “Jonathan said and went over to Kalvin. As he passed one of the bodyguards, he reached out and grabbed his knife. Jonathan stabbed Kalvin violently and he screamed in pain, lying in a pool of his own blood. The scene wasn't just bloody...

Jonathan wiped the blood off his face and trampled on the lower part of Kalvin’s body. No one spoke or even tried to stop him. When I saw Jonathan throw the knife on the ground, I finally thought it was all over. But a moment later, I saw him reach out to the man behind him, who handed him an iron rod.

The biggest difference between an iron rod and a knife was that the knife brought torture and death, while the iron rod would make the pain so much worse than it seemed to have no end.

Every time the bar struck Kalvin’s body, I heard bones breaking and saw blood splattering. I was so scared, I covered my eyes, but I could still hear the loud groaning... Then, even the groaning stopped...

I gawked at the blood splattered all over Jonathan. “Was he the man holding me?” I thought. At that time, his hands had been so gentle... But now, I could feel my body trembling.

As one person lay dying in a pool of blood, another was dragged in with a bloody leg. It was from Tyler. Troy walked up to Jonathan and explained, "Today’s affair was planned by Tyler.”I guess he knew there was no way to survive, so he tricked us and dragged two along people to accompany him."

Throwing the iron bar down, Jonathan took a handkerchief from his pocket and wiped the blood from his face and hands. Then he squatted in front of Tyler and said, “Playing tricks on me? How dare you?”

Tyler replied, “Jonathan Li, you are so ungrateful, I will never let you rest, even if I die...”

Jonathan said, “Well, we'll see if you will ever get revenge on me.”

He was just about to pick up the knife on the ground when a man came running in and said, “I saw a police car coming this way."

Jonathan thought for a second and then turned to Troy and said, “Take your men and leave, and I’ll deal with the mess.”

“I will deal with these two men and see that they end up in prison, and I will bring the last one to you,” Troy replied.

“Good! Be careful,” Jonatan replied. After a while, everyone had dispersed, including the driver. Several police cars stopped outside the door, their sirens blaring.

Jonathan came over to pick me up and then the door opened, and Officer Marcel came in with a gun. The officer looked at Kalvin who lay dying on the ground, then at Tyler, Jonathan, and then at me. He seemed to know what had happened.

He took out his handcuffs and cuffed Tyler. As he did that, Tyler burst out laughing, and said, “Jonathan, aren't you going to kill me? Do it now. I dare you!”

Jonathan took a deep breath and put his hand on my shoulder. Tyler continued to provoke him, so he took his hand off my shoulder and walked over to the iron door and slammed it. Before the officer could do anything, Jonathan rushed to grab the gun in his hand...

Three shots were fired, and I no longer heard Tyler’s laughter. The whole world around me seemed to come to a stop. I expected Jonathan to shoot the officer too, he had gone completely crazy.

The officer glared at Jonathan and said, “You!”

But Jonathan just replied, casually, “He asked me to kill him, didn't you hear him?” Then he threw the gun at the officer.

Officer Marcel didn’t know what to say and just wiped his weapon twice with his sleeve. Even more ludicrous, the policemen outside the door didn’t have the courage to rush in, but stood outside shouting, “Officer Marcel?”

Officer Marcel shouted back to them, “It's alright, it's all settled!”

After that, he turned back to Jonathan, shaking his head and said, “Why take the trouble to do this? He is a murderer, he escaped and kidnapped your daughter, if he was arrested, he would have been doomed.”

The police rushed in and when he saw them, Officer Marcel immediately put on a serious face and told them, “This is the murderer who escaped from jail, he would not back down, so I shot him. He seems to be in a critical condition, you should call an ambulance.”

Jonathan came over to me and picked me up. He gently stroked my head with his fingers and wrapped my clothes tightly around me and walked me to the door.

As we walked out, we saw the policeman rushing in, one after another. He said to Officer Marcel with a sarcastic smile, “You have so many men working under you, very efficient, it’s no wonder that you found this place so quickly.”

As Officer Marcel approached him, he lowered his voice and said, “Not as efficient as you, in less than two hours everything plunged into chaos, and I had no choice but to take action... I heard that the boss in Los Angeles was trapped in a sauna room, he was so frightened that it triggered a heart attack. Even New York’s most notorious gangster became a vegetable after your men dealt with him.”

Jonathan replied, “That was Troy’s men who did that.”

“Troy Yang is more arrogant than me, he has more than two hundred men. It is a pity that nobody will know that he opened fire at you.” “

Officer Marcel raised the voice and said, “You'd better go back to the station with us and make a note of the situation. I'll arrange a lawyer to contact you!”

0