Chapter 20: The woman who died for Him
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Jonathan arrived at the appointed place with Troy, he understood his brother's words when he said, “You still don't know the rules of this world!”

The restaurant on the third floor was crowded with people, there were no dishes on the tables, they were just full of weapons. He picked up only a few dozen people to follow him to convince Peter that he was to negotiate, not to fight. He ordered the others to stay outside, especially Troy.

He commanded the henchmen that if Troy dared to stir things up, that they should cut one of his legs off first. After experiencing so many battles, he understood one thing, the outcome often depended on the number of armed men. Since it was a messy fight when they began, they couldn’t tell who was on which side.

At that moment, facing life or death, people would intensify their desire for survival, strengthening their power to fight. Besides, Troy did something else too…he called the police. It was the only way to minimize the damage.

Sitting opposite Peter, he saw his grey hair on his temples, his frail body and the exhaustion in his eyes. Jonathan kept silent. Some people said that it was even more miserable to lose one’s only son at an old age than lose one’s mother in childhood.

Jonathan did not have a son, but he had tasted the feeling of despair and helplessness when losing his mother as if life had lost its meaning, which supported him to struggle when he was close to death.

It was too late for him to change his mind! Uncle Peter, please take care of yourself and restrain your grief!” said Jonathan.

The tears welled up in his eyes and Peter was losing his will to live, not like the sophisticated boss he once was all those years ago.

“Jonathan, I know it has nothing to do with you. I will let you go If you hand Troy over. In the future, don’t hesitate to turn to me when you get into any trouble,” and that’s all Peter wanted to say.

“Uncle Peter, your son has passed away. Even if you kill Troy, your son will never come back,” Jonathan said to him. Then he tried to lower his voice, “I beg you, please give Troy a chance, he goes."

“Enough! Troy is doomed for death today!” Peter shouted.

“Uncle Peter, our strength is equal, it’s no use opening fire,” Jonathan urged him.

Peter was infuriated and overturned the table in fury, saying in a hoarse voice, “You don't need to tell me anything. I am determined to get Troy back!"

“If I take the blame for him today, will you let him go? Jonathan asked.

“Do you mean that you will take responsibility for Troy’s actions?” Peter asked, shocked.

"Today both Troy and I are at your mercy. It is your choice whether you wish to cut our legs or hands-off, but just please let Troy go,” Jonathan pleaded.

"I'll give you a chance you can save his life by offering your life!" Peter said.

"What did you say?” Jonathan said as he stood up and leaned towards Peter, repeating the words, "What did you say?”

Just when Peter was about to open his mouth, Jonathan kicked him in the leg. Then, Jonathan took out his gun and pointed it at his head, warning, “Don’t move. Or I will shoot.”

Seeing no one dared to come forward, he crouched down and said to Peter, “Why would you think I could even agree to something like that?”

Peter was calm and showed little fear saying, “If you kill me, you can escape!"

“At least I would have a chance to escape,” Jonathan replied.

Peter said, “Can you run for the rest of life? Besides, don't you care about others,” and pointed to a tall guy, not far away. "Call that woman of his so he can say his last words to her."

"You!" Jonathan said, his hand trembled, and he straightened his crooked finger before he held the trigger and asked, "What do you want?”

"If you want your woman to live, hand Troy over!" Peter said. He held his gun tightly. It was the most difficult decision of his life. He was handed the phone and heard that tender, delicate voice, “Jonathan, have they hurt you?” Crystal asked.

"No! They haven’t,” he replied.

The tall guy said to Jonathan, "Of course, we won't touch your woman. But if you insist on taking the blame, we can’t be sure what we might do next.”

"Jonathan!" Crystal said, “I know what to do, and I will not drag you down.”

"Crystal?” he said.

"I knew my time would come from the first day I met you, and I was willing to take the risk,” she said.

“Don't be silly. Wait for me. I'll save you,” he assured her.

"Can I ask you a few questions?” she continued.

“Why are you still asking questions in such a situation?” he asked.

Then she asked him, “Would you miss me if I died?”

“Yes, I will miss you very much,” he replied immediately.

Her voice faded. And he heard her words,” Don’t come closer, I will jump down if you dare come forward.”

“Crystal! Don't... I am coming to save you now,” he shouted.

"Will you marry me?” she asked.

"Yes, I will marry you tomorrow! Wait for me, you must wait for me!” he told her.

"Jonathan, I love you in this life and I will love you in the next life,” Crystal said and then he heard the phone hit the ground.

"Crystal! " he shouted.

Suddenly, two men rushed up to grab his arms. Meanwhile, he pulled the trigger. Jonathan did not remember how many people he had killed. When Troy came to rescue him, he had only one thought, marry Crystal!

When he found Crystal, she was lying on the roof with a knife stabbed in her heart, her white dress covered in blood and she was cold. She held a piece of paper in her hands and he read her last words...Just love me for one day.

0