Chapter 28: She’s Jealous
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I lowered my head and took a sip of my drink. The lemon juice seemed thicker than usual. It was so sour that I felt uneasy. Looking at her, I was a little jealous that the woman was much more beautiful than me.

"How could this woman be so casual, so intimate with a strange man? " I said. I stayed with Jonathan every day, but I had never touched his arm like that. Lisa ignored what I said, looking at her with her chin resting on her hand, and saying, “Why is it not me dancing today?”

“Don’t!” Jonathan pulled away and pointed to the opposite sofa, coldly. “Sit there,” he said to the woman. She didn’t seem happy and moved reluctantly and sat next to Bernard Flood. Bernard observed Jonathan’s expression and asked, “What’s wrong? Bad mood? Who offended you?”

“No one,” he said.

Troy revealed an evil smile and said, "Don’t you know? Jonathan has changed, now he just appreciates and respects women. "

"Are you serious?” asked Bernard, "Really, just to appreciate?”

Jonathan stared at Troy and was at a loss for words. “He is pursuing affection!” Troy said and ignored Jonathan. The group of men looked at each other and began to roar with laughter. I didn’t understand what they were laughing at!

Jonathan did not speak and left them alone. Troy went up to Jonathan to serve him a glass of wine. “I admire you. You, in your thirties, talking about feelings with a teenager, does she understand?" he said.

"Teenager?" several men laughed wildly.

"What’s so funny?” Jonathan took off his suit and put it over the back of the sofa. The others stopped laughing and turned their attention to pouring wine. Troy tried to hide his laughter, leaning on Jonathan’s shoulder.

"Why do you like that teenage girl? Isn't it tormenting to talk about affection with her?" Troy asked. After a long time, Jonathan sighed and leaned against the sofa.

My heart was in pain, I was not sure what I was feeling, but it was painful. I held my glass, my fingers trembling and considered how I felt, “Did I love him? No, I could love anyone in this world, except him!”

"Desiree!” hearing Lisa call my name, I hid my face and whispered to her, "Lisa, please be quiet!"

"What's the matter?” she didn’t even muffle her voice when she said it.

"Shhh!" 'I lowered my voice and pointed at the group of men, said,” I’m dead if they see me!”

"Why?” she asked

"Jonathan Li is my foster father."

"Oh my god! That brutal and obscene person, Jonathan Li!” By the tone of her voice and the sheer blankness of her expression, I could sense that she was really surprised. I prayed silently that Jonathan had not heard it!

"Desiree? " It was Jonathan who called my name in surprise. It seemed that God had not heard my prayer! Burying my face in my hands, I glanced at the people at his side. They seemed confused, except Troy. When Jonathan stood up to come towards me, he carefully scrutinized Lisa beside me.

"See you again next time!” Lisa disappeared in an instant. She was so quick, it amazed me.

"If I remember correctly, it's time for class time," Jonathan said as he sat down opposite me, looking at his watch. I was silent and sipped my drink.

Every time he came close to me, the atmosphere of the surrounding would become solemn, making it hard to breathe.

"What are you doing here? Do you know what this place is?” he asked me.

I lowered my head and remained silent. "That brutal and obscene person, that’s how you describe me? " he said.

Looking at his face again, I found that he was smiling. I knew that smile, it meant I was dead! I looked at the exit to escape, then Jonathan grabbed my arm suddenly. "I’d better teach you the true meaning of the words, brutal and obscene... " he said angrily.

"Don't... I know... " I said.

Then someone asked, "Who is this girl?"

“She's Jonathan’s adopted daughter!” Troy said.

"What, adopted daughter... adopted daughter... " I heard someone say.

It seemed wiser for me to save my energy and beg for mercy from Jonathan. "I’m sorry. It is my fault!” I said and pulled his sleeve and winked at him, "I really know that I am wrong, and I dare not do it again!"

Some people said that eyes couldn’t deceive people, but I have a pair of eyes that confuse people’s minds. When I saw Jonathan's smile fade away, I thought I had escaped. I felt relieved.

0