Chapter 32: Saving Her
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the movie, I heard the man's dying scream. My father's plead for mercy flashed through my brain, as well as my mother's call, and the unforgettable hatred that had haunted me for years almost suffocated me.

The bloody scenes brought me down from beautiful heaven to boundless hell. It was this man hugging me and saying he loved me who had also brought me such misery. I bit his tongue and he quickly stood up and said, "You made a fool of me. " Then he spat a mouthful of blood on the ground, his voice was a little vague.

“I hate you! I hate you!” I said as I slapped him in the face. I ran out weeping. He didn't have time to catch me. The bodyguard outside turned his attention to the ceiling as soon as he saw my messy clothes. When I ran down the stairs, everyone who saw me showed sympathy on their faces.

If they knew that the man who almost took my virginity was my enemy, what expression would they show? The rain outside was pouring down, making the world as dark and cold as hell. I stood in the rain, the violent rain hit me mercilessly, awakening me from the daze I was in.

I was so enthralled by Jonathan’s warm body, the man who killed my family, that I almost gave myself to him. I covered my face and crouched in the heavy rain with remorse. "Desiree!” Jonathan cried and ran after me and pulled me up to his chest and said, “Sorry, it was just impulsed, and I promise that I shall never do it again.”

"Why do you treat me in this way? Why?” I asked.

I retreated a few steps back. The person I hated wasn’t him, but myself. He shook his head with a bitter smile and vomited a gulp of blood on the ground. The blood was soon diluted by the rain to a reddish color and merged into the current.

"Desiree,” he said. Why was his voice always so gentle? I covered my ears and didn’t want to keep listening. “Stop. I don't know what I want to do exactly!” I shouted

"Don't say that, you are still young, when you grow up, you will have a better understanding of affection,” he told me.

"I understand! I already know everything!” I said.

What had I done for eight years accompanying him? Such a stupid woman like me would love him foolishly until he died a natural death.

"Don't cry," he said.

Seeing his hand reaching out to me, I stepped back and shouted, "Don't touch me! I hate you, I hate you!

“Do you really hate me?” he asked.

"I detest you!” I screamed and beat him hard on his chest. He stood in the rain and let me hit him.

In the rain, he stood in front of me like a statue. I could see his torment and his helplessness.

"Maybe I am wrong. I didn’t intend to push you! If you were older, you would know what emotions are, then I could let you make a choice. But you are young, you don't know what love and infatuation is. How much do you know about Steven? He's just a dream! It is I who have been with you for the past eight years. I know your thoughts and dreams even when you don’t say a word. I love you sincerely,” he said.

“It is enough!” I said.

"You'll regret leaving me, and someday you'll find that you can't leave me at all the same as I can’t live without you!" he said.

At that moment, I understood one thing, that I could not leave him, just the way he could not leave me! Love and hatred were inextricably bound together. Whether he lived or died, it tortured me to death. It was suffering to stay beside him, but what would I live for if I left him?

The light flashed through my mind, and I made the smartest and stupidest decision ever. I took steps back and turned around. If I couldn't kill him, the only way I could get back at him was to let his heart be broken for the rest of his life!

The street was clean from the heavy rain. The nearby headlights dazzled my eyes. I rushed over and stopped in the middle of the road, suddenly, I heard screeching brakes and a thud. I didn't feel any pain at all, because I was holding him in my arms, his blood staining me completely. At that moment, I knew it was so easy to kill him!

When I sat and was pressing his bleeding legs desperately in the heavy rain, I recollected my childhood, when I fell over and hurt my knees, he would clean the wounds with alcohol. Because I was scared, he would suck the cut gently with his mouth. At that time, I liked holding one of his fingers. Later, I grew up and held his hands, and could even interlock fingers with him.

Why couldn't we live like that forever, no hatred and no love? It was enough that we interlocked our fingers and looked at each other with a smile. Could I put aside the hatred? I had no answer, who could give me an answer?

From the day Jonathan appeared in my life, I thought I was dying. I thought that when I saw him die I would be able to get rid of the pain and to leave this world without emotions. That day, I witnessed him lose consciousness in my arms, but I had no pleasure in revenge at all, I only felt the loss of everything. When I lost him completely, I regretted it!

I sat quietly against the wall outside the emergency room. Within twenty minutes, Troy came, followed by dozens of people. The corridor was overcrowded. He held his coat in his hand, the buttons of his black shirt were done up in the wrong place and he looked mad.

The driver was taken aback in horror when Troy got a glimpse of his face. Troy took the driver by the collar. "Who directed you to do that?” he asked.

"No, no one did,” he said.

Then Troy kicked him by the abdomen and said to the other men,” Beat him until he confesses.”

The driver shivered in the corner, holding his head and crying for help, and constantly said: "It was an accident, the girl was running into the street and the man rushed out to save her. I braked from five meters away, if you don't believe me, you can inspect the site."

Troy turned to me and said, "Really?"

I nodded. "I ran into the street. It's none of his business," I told him.

He didn't say anything, but his face indicated what he was thinking.

Then I told him, “I was crazy, I came up with the ridiculous idea in a split second that we were irreconcilable, he died, or else I died!”

The bodyguard explained, as he knew the details of the matter, "Boss Jonathan took Miss Desiree to see the movie, Instinct in the private box, but it seemed to not have gone well.” Troy gnashed his teeth and stared at me for a moment, but he didn't say anything, just punched the wall.

Troy restrained his rage, for Jonathan’s sake. Suddenly, I began to respect their relationship.

0