Great Dao Sect
1.7k 6 92
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Waking up at the entrance of the cave after assimilating the demon god bloodline, she stands up and walks to the entrance of the cave, feeling the wind flow through the grand mountain range in front of her.

Looking down at her hand, she sees the symbol Asmodeus seared into her. Sighing to herself and accepting that he didn't harm her, she starts to trek across the mountain range once more. She needed to get to the ice spiders after all.

With a lightning fast pace, Deimos sped her way through the mountain range at her top speed of 380 mph (611 kph~) holding up her divine form, which for some reason had slightly different markings from before-- which she assumed was due to the demon god bloodline.

As she raced in-between the peaks, after running for another 5~ hours, she suddenly came to a halt as a powerful slicing energy force parted the ground in front of her feet, a mere 10 feet away. A clear and powerful intent was felt above her in the sky.

Looking up, she saw a figure in gilded white robes floating in the air above her. He had long, flowing mahogany hair and was standing on a sword that was being manipulated by his qi. He bore an insignia of yin and yang in front of his heart.

The man flew down before Deimos and stepped onto the ground in front of her, brandishing the sword he was flying on. Pointing it at her in a swift movement, he informs her.

With an uninviting look, the young man informs her, "You are trespassing on the Great Dao Sect's territory. What business do you have here?"

Raising her hands above her head, she makes sure to get the point across that she meant no harm. She stayed at the ready, in case she needed to run or anything of the sort. Eyes peeled for any movements that might indicate an attack.

With a calm voice, she stated firmly, "I had no idea this was the Great Dao Sect's land. I apologize; I am simply searching for an ice spider nest to hunt."

Raising his eyebrow, the individual nodded in understanding. "We are a righteous sect following a virtuous path of justice. I shan't deny you the right to fight those beasts, but I will take you to be judged, if you are successful, we will allow safe passage. Follow me, fair maiden."

Making a hand sign with his left hand, a slip of paper floats in front of him, and he writes a message on it, waving his hand and sending it off to the sect. The man throws his sword up into the air and, in a form like a water bender would, guides it below himself, and he begins to float into the air.

Motioning for Deimos to join him, she does so with great hesitation... Going with a stranger to an unknown location isn't exactly the safest.... but its not like she really had a choice at this point, might as well hope for the best, right? She sustained her divine form throughout the whole ordeal, so some could say it might be a fortunate one, right?

As they approached the sect, she saw a pristine pathway of perfectly aligned stones, with beautiful pink and purple trees covering the mountain range, and massive amounts of spiritual energy gathering within the sect.

A grand assortment of buildings with all sorts of purposes like forging weapons, making elixirs and cultivation pills, healing the injured, practicing swordsmanship, and so much more. There was even a whole face of the mountain dedicated to housing for disciples.

The grand sect dominating the mountain they were on, struck Deimos with awe. Shortly after they entered the sect grounds, another disciple flew up to them and began escorting them both to an elder of the sect.

Upon entering a grand hall, which had gilded walls and pristine red shaded wood everywhere, with a mix of gold, red, pink, gray, and more colors, all adding to the depth and beauty of the place, the hall was lined with doors and branching pathways, simply meant to help navigate the building.

Scaling a staircase and making their way to a room, they walk in, and a domineering figure stands before her, facing out the window on the other side of the room, looking down on the sect's training hall, where many disciples were practicing the sect's martial arts.

The elder in front of her looked no older than 20—maybe 24 at most. A look of such youth was not befitting the title of elder, but to earn such a title, he must be quite old indeed. Not just old, though; extremely powerful too.

The elder had smooth, marble-like skin. Flowing golden hair resembling that of a domineering sun that shines over the residents of its planet, donning half white and half black hanfu robes, sharp at the shoulders resembling shoulder armor, a golden streak lining every edge of the robe all but an inch away from the edge itself.

The Great Dao Sect's insignia, that of yin and yang, was plastered in a large embroidered emblem on his back, yang (white) overlapped into the black half of the robe, while the yin side, creating a delicate balance in the robe while staying partially symmetrical to a point, was overlapping into the white half of the robe.

The blonde man emitted a powerful aura, putting enough pressure on them that it brought her escort to his knees. Deimos stood strong, standing proud and refusing to kneel, a courageous feat that only led to the elder turning around and facing her.

As his smooth but chiseled face stared down at her with a look of intrigue, he noticed the strange marking on her skin from her keeping up her divine form, not that he knew what it was. He noted that he was unable to sense her cultivation level, and she could easily withstand the pressure he could use to force a Qi condensing cultivator to his knees (the escort).

The disciple, even while being forced to the ground, cups his hands and greets the elder with respect. "Greetings, elder Shoushan, Ma."

Hearing the disciple's greeting, the elder releases the pressure that was being pushed down upon them, its aftermath being a few cracks in the floorboards of the building. He waves his hand at the disciple and states, "You are dismissed."

Re-adjusting where he was looking, the elder looked Deimos directly in the eyes and, without warning, asked the question, "Would you like to join the Great Dao Sect? I can see you have great potential."

------{Side Quest!}------

(Easy rank quest)

Join the great Dao Sect!

Time limit: now

Reward: +10 luck, +500 achievement points, 1 technique enlightenment scroll

------{=======}------

92