Chapter 4: Beacon of Dilemma
59 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Turning around, their gazes locked onto a colossal figure emerging from the shadows – a big centipede, its hulking frame towering over the fallen hobgoblins.

Leon's eyes narrowed, his internal monologue revving up again, "Oh, come on!'

SWOOSH! 

Leon grabs the two kids both in his arms and dodges.

BAM! A whiplash from the centipede's tail shatters the entire floor, causing several pieces of debris to fly out. 

"God damn it!" Leon speaks but his calm demeanor quickly swipes the debris away from them. Leon turns his hand, twirling the sword, and holds it sideways. Leon brushes away the shoulder, signaling the little kids to run away.

A big centipede came out of the dark, making a scary shape on the cave walls. Its body was made of lots of parts, each covered in shiny armor that sparkled in the dim light.

What made it scary though, were the two horns sticking out of its head like sharp knives.

These horns curled and looked dangerous, sharp enough to cut through metal. They were dark and stood out against the centipede's light-colored body. When the centipede moved,

Ava screams, 'BIG BROTHER, I THINK YOU CAN'T WIN THIS!'

Leon smirks and tenses his body, 'Hmm, let's see how I would cook this up.' He throws a rock up in the air and kicks it suddenly.

The centipede spits a green liquidy substance that counterattacks the rock. The rock falls on the ground and it melts.

SCREECH! The centipede slowly raises its head and stands there.

Leon murmurs while keeping his eyes closed in the middle of the fight. He grabs the sword close to his chest.

"Up!" Leon jumps as the centipede suddenly whips its tail on the ground. Leon lands on the ground with his hands wide up. He smirks, 'I knew it. It's the Qwed's centipede.' 

SWOOSH! The Centipede attacks with its spit. Leon dodges it. Leon lunges at the centipede. He diverts his legs and leaps. He slides his blade across the scaly armor of the centipede, but it doesn't even scratch it. He speaks, 'Fuck me. It's nearly an adult. Seventy-six fully grown scales on the sides.'

Leon sighs and crouches.

 WHOOSH! The Centipede suddenly launches a mid-air attack.

Leon's eyebrows curl as he dodges more attacks.

Sei quietly asks his sister 'Why is he toying with it? It's almost like he knows what's coming next.'

Ava pushes his brother's head down, 'He is dodging them faster than I can see them with my eyes.'

Ava's maniacal eyes are wide open, staring at the rampage of the centipede and Leon.

Sei looks down, as sweats run down from his face.

Suddenly, the centipede lunged forward with blinding speed, its massive jaws snapping shut just inches from Leon's face.

Time seemed to slow as Leon dodged the deadly jaws by a hair's breadth, his heart pounding in his ears.

"Fuck me sideways," Leon muttered under his breath, his words a mixture of frustration and awe. He could feel the weight of the centipede's presence bearing down on him, a primal force of nature unleashed in the darkness. 

Leon grabs a sharp-looking stone and lunges narrowly avoiding another venomous spit aimed his way. He rushes forward towards the centipede.

The Centipede uses its forcipules to inject venom directly but he manages to dodge it completely. 

Leon slides through the floor and SLASH! He takes out one of the front leg 'forcipules' and before the centipede retaliates, he holds the sliced leg in his mouth, jumps over the back of the centipede, and immediately slides it sideways through the opening on the armor.

He kicks it and smirks, 'How does your venom taste on you?' 

The Centipede screeches as it shakes its body violently.

Sei looks up to Ava, 'Well he is handling all the trouble for us. Isn't he? Can we even compare to him?'

Leon backs away as the centipede coughs blood. But it hasn't given up, The Centipede rushes through the way towards Leon all wobbly. Leon cracks his fingers squats a little bit, and does a full hundred-and-eighty-degree turn while running toward Ava and Sei.

Sei looks over to Ava, in tears, and says, 'Didn't you say he was a player, Why the fuck is he running towards us?'

Leon suddenly appears between those two and speaks, 'I think we should run, kids.' He picks up Ava and Sei off the ground and makes a run for it.

"Sei, there must be a slopping hill and space somewhere around here, with spikes on the ceiling. Look for it!" 

Ava looks over to Sei nodding his head for approval. Sei's eyes glow blue while the pattern in the eyes glows white.

Sei's eyes rapidly move, everywhere. Sei speaks, 'Left now!'

'AHHH!' Ava screams.

SWISH! Leon jumps forward, while he is sweating a lot.

The centipede spits forward and swings its forcipules but Len manages to dodge it. Leon slides his leg and runs towards the left. Leon bites his lips, 'It already has fucking regrown its legs, fucking insect!' 

"5m to the right!" 

The centipede tries to twirl up from the ground to the top but it falls due to its wobbliness. The centipede gets back up and runs towards them.

Sei speaks, 'It's right over there, Big brother! The slope.' 

Leon takes out a sharp-looking stone from his pocket. He looks back at the centipede. He slows down a bit and faces towards the centipede on the side. 

Ava screams as she closes her eyes, 'What are we going to do now!"

Leon throws them away to the side. The siblings bash on the ground.

"When I give the signal, throw this precisely at the spike right over the neck of the centipede, It needs to be precise-'

BAM!

The Centipede breaks through the entrance, smashing bits of stones and other rocks. Leon while sweating heavily, smirks as the crest beside his neck glows lumierence. He opens his inventory and tries to hold the sword but the centipede's front leg pierces through his arm.

"FUCKKKKK!" Leon watches as the poison spreads. 

Leon breathes heavily.

'The poison will kill me immediately. Damn, I've got no choice."

Leon reaches the edge of the cliff, he hastily looks around as the arm turns purple and blood spills around like a fountain.

Leon screams, 'I'm going to fucking gamble on my life, Sei. Don't miss!'

Sei and Ava look horrified.

Leon tears a bit of a cloth and bites it. He takes his sword, closes his eyes, he slashes it. The poison-filled arm falls to the ground. His sword shatters as well.

[Warning! Warning! Warning!]

[Fatal Damage has been dealt with.]

[Physical and Mental Resistance have increased.]

[Bleeding has been increased by 15% significantly.]

[Butler's Composer [lvl.2] has leveled up.]

Leon bashes his legs around the cliff, making it more weak to weigh.

"I will eat you APART BY APART FUCKING INSECT!.' Leon screams as he taunts the shit of the centipede. Leon kicks his arm towards the centipede. The centipede rushes over the cliff. Leon rolls towards the side and runs behind the centipede.

The centipede falls on the ground.

BAM!

Leon sighs as his eyes are bloody red but the ground he's standing on crumbles as well.

'Shit! I WILL ACTUALLY DIE THIS TIME!' The ground crumbles and falls, and Leon manages to catch the end of the cliff.

"Leon, Big bro!" Sei and Ava rush to save Leon. Leon huffs and looks over to Sei, 'Sei and Ava, The Centipede is stunned and only has up to 10% of his health, and you two have got an option to survive.'

'Shut up! Come up first-' Sei and Ava try to pull Leon up.

Leon speaks as he looks up, 'Return to the path we came, turn right this time. There will be two crystals before the exit, which connects to all the other doors. I'm sure those two are here due to me. Meet with someone named Sarah, tell her "Leon with damaged horns" sent you two.'

Ava looks teary, 'What about you-

Leon looks over to the flat-faced Centipede, 'I will fuck this bastard up! Sei throw the stone I gave you to that stone, the third in the row now!'

[Mechanical eye has been activated.]

[Eyesight has been greatly enhanced.]

[Precise and accuracy has been increased by 24% rapidly.]

[Attack speed has been increased by 15%]

Sei, with teary eyes, throws the stone at the spike. The stone precisely cracks the spike. SWOOSH! It drops on the soft layer on the centipede but it doesn't pierce through fully. Leon grits his teeth, with his eyebrows frowned.

He looks over to Sei and Ava, 'Go NOWWWWWW!'

"What? NO! We can't leave- Ava tries to speak but Sei grabs her and drags her away.

'This piece of shit has a hell of a chest.' Leon pushes his legs towards the spike that the centipede has on its chest. 

[Warning! Health has deteriorated up to 5%.]

[Seek medical application Immediately.]

AHHHHH!

1