Chapter 5: Abyss Walker
92 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

AHHHHH!

Leon kicks the spike, piercing through the chest of the centipede. The wound oozes and splatters a bit of blood. The Centipede's whole body tingles before finally dies. Leon falls back, bashing his face first on the abdomen of the centipede.

[Congratulations!]

[Player 'Doomcraft' Has achieved an impossible feat.]

[Hall of Fame is changing again..]

[You have gained a level!]

[You have gained a level!]

[Secondary Class Has been unlocked.]

'Shit! I can't feel my body down from my waist.' Leon huffs as he blocks the blood flowing from his other arm. He bites his lips and turns over as his legs don't even respond, he manages to turn around pushing his only arm around.

[You have gained a level!]

[Warning! Warning! Warning!]

[Please use a health potion! Your health has deteriorated to 4%]

'Istria, Shut the fuck up!' He screams before he coughs blood, leaving him stunned for a while.

'Fuck! I can't die in this shitty game, not before I meet Celestia, too.' He bites the skin of the centipede's chest. Slowly ripping out the soft scales. 

'I said I would definitely eat you, fucking insect!' He chomps out a big bite out of the flesh. Leon spits as he watches over his arm, still gushing out of blood. As Leon tore into the centipede's flesh, the stench of decay filled his nostrils, mingling with the metallic tang of blood.

With each bite, he could feel the creature's flesh yielding beneath his teeth, the taste of raw, putrid meat coating his tongue.

The cavern echoed with the sounds of his frenzied feast, the squelching of flesh and the crunching of bone reverberating off the walls. Leon's eyes get blurry with each strengthened work he does, huffing as blood drips from his eyes.

[Warning! Warning! Warning!]

[Please use a health potion! Your health has deteriorated to 2%.]

[Body will shut down in 2 minutes!]

[The scent of God of Death lingers over you!]

Blood dripped from his chin, mingling with the gore that splattered the ground beneath him. But even as he feasted, a sense of urgency gnawed at him, driving him to search deeper within the creature's belly.

 'is there is it? Where? Where the fuck is it!'

With a primal snarl, Leon plunged his hand into the centipede's innards, his fingers slick with blood and viscera.

'I can't die yet, where is it? It was supposed to be here!' Leon extends his hands further.

He groped blindly, his senses dulled by pain and adrenaline, until at last, his hand closed around something cold and hard.

Within an instant, he pulled his prize from the creature's belly, his fingers closing around two shimmering gems, one blue and the other red. Blood dripped from the precious stones, their surfaces slick with gore, but their brilliance was undimmed by the carnage that surrounded them.

Leon's heart pounded with excitement as he held the gems aloft, their colors dancing in the dim light of the cavern. He knew instinctively that he needed to eat it.

 The gems, their weight a reassuring presence against his skin.

Leon swallows it before getting flooded with notifications, in his ears.

[Congratulations!]

[Hall of Fame is changing!]

[You have been awarded Two Small-sized Health & Mana Potions for identifying Mythic Items!]

[The Qwede's mana stones have been consumed!]

[You have unlocked an SSS+ Skill 'Suicidal Return']

[Player 'DoomCraft' has fallen unconscious!]

[Butler's Composer has failed!]

SPLASH! SPLASH!

Sei rushes while grabbing his sister's arm, while his eyes are glowing blue occasionally. Both huffing as they ran through the way they came. Ava speaks as she wipes her tears, running across the way, 'Will Leon survive?' 

Sei doesn't answer, not even a squeak comes out of his mouth. Sei's throat tightened at the question, his mind racing with uncertainty.

As they rounded a corner, Sei skidded to a halt, his heart pounding in his chest. Before them, a horde of hobgoblins emerged from the darkness, their twisted forms swaying in an otherworldly dance. It was a familiar scent.

Ava looks above her brother's head, her face turns a bit white but she sighs slowly.

Their eyes burned with a sinister glow fixated on the terrified siblings.

Ava's grip tightened on Sei's arm, her voice barely a whisper. "Sei, what do we do?"

Sei's breath caught in his throat as he stared at the advancing creatures, his mind racing for a plan. But fear held him in its grip, rendering him paralyzed as the hobgoblins closed in around them, their presence suffocating.

Sei looks over to Ava whispering slowly, 'I think I take 'em like Leon.' She looks over to Sei, 'What? No, I saw a bad--'

Sei puts his fingers on his lips, 'There are only five of them, I can handle it.' and grabs the shoulder of his sister, Ava can feel the quivering hands.

She sighs deeply.

Sei's heart raced as he faced the onslaught of five hobgoblins, their twisted forms closing in on him and Ava.

With a fierce determination even though his hands are shaking, he recalls the memory of Leon's fighting prowess, his movements, position. His eyes glow blue, a bit brighter than before.

[Mechanical eye has been activated.]

[Eyesight has been greatly enhanced.]

[Precise and accuracy has been increased by 24% rapidly.]

[Attack speed has been increased by 15%]

[Abilities have been Enhanced due to the presence of a Fallen Saintness!]

As the first hobgoblin lunged forward with a savage snarl, Sei dodged to the side, evading its outstretched claws with a nimble leap. BAM! Sei delivers a swift kick to the creature's chest, but it doesn't flinch much, just falls back a bit.

TCH!' Sei slides again and rushes towards the goblin. The goblin screeches as it swings its club at him. 

He smirks a bit as the attack seems to be coming very slowly. Sei dodges and suddenly, a sword appears in his hand. He swings it swiftly on the goblin's neck. 

[You have slain a Hobgoblin!]

[You have gained a Level!]

[Random Stat has been provided due to the presence of a fallen Saintness!]

[+2 Agility]

Sei watches his blood-covered hand, totally surprised as he speaks, 'So this is how Leon felt!'

Ava watched in awe as Sei seamlessly transitioned from one opponent to the next, his movements fluid and precise.

With a flick of his wrist, he parried a second hobgoblin's attack, the clash of metal reverberating through the alley.

WHOOSH! Sei cried out as he spun to face another foe, his blade flashing in the moonlight as he unleashed a flurry of strikes. With each movement, he channeled Leon's expertise, his attacks finding their mark with deadly accuracy.

SLASH! Sei's sword sliced through the air, cutting down a third hobgoblin with a swift and decisive blow. But even as he fought, two more creatures closed in from behind, their eyes gleaming with malice.

[You have slain a Hobgoblin!]

[You have gained a Level!]

[You have slain a Hobgoblin!]

[You have gained a Level!]

[Random Stat has been provided due to the presence of a fallen saintness!]

[+Strength]

[Random Stat has been provided due to the presence of a fallen Saintness!]

[+2 Dexterity]

Ava screams at his side, 'Behind!'

Sei spun back and kicked the two to the ground. He looks over to Ava, signaling her to come closer. Ava hops there as he is pinning the hobgoblins to the ground.

He speaks, 'Pick the sword up, ava!' Ava quietly follows as she picks up the sword. 

'Now stab them! Get your level up!' Sei speaks.

Ava's hands are shaking, she closes her eyes and stabs them each by.

[You have gained 2 levels!]

[Random Stat has been provided due to the presence of a fallen saintness!]

[+1 Strength]

[Random Stat has been provided due to the presence of a fallen Saintness!]

[+2 Intelligence]

As the last of the creatures fell to the ground, defeated by Sei's relentless onslaught, he turned to Ava with a weary smile. "We did it," he said, his voice filled with exhaustion but also pride.

Ava tries to smile but as she looks over the top of her brother's head. Her eyes widen as a red clover hovers before his head.

'Brother- Look!' Sei turns around to see a large ogre. Sei hops back while holding his sister back, 'Is he the problem?'

'N-No the person behind him!' Ava speaks.

BAM! The ogre falls to the ground.

A person emerges from the shadow, with a large sword dragging by the ground, slowly towards them. Sei seems overjoyed as the person looks just like Leon but a bit like a female. A female emerges with dark hair, covered in blood, red eyes, and a several mole under her left eye.

'Leon?'

Ava tugs him as her legs are shaking uncontrollably.

'That's not him, She-She has a-a five red clover over her head!'

2