Chapter 6: Evil For The Sake Of Evil.
52 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ava tugs him as her legs are shaking uncontrollably.

"That's not him, She-She has a-a five red clover over her head!"

 Sei's heartbeat accelerates, his pupils dilated as he watches her slowly approach them. Sei grabs his sister's arm firmly, slowly breathing in and out through the mouth, his clothes soaked by blood and sweat.

Ava closes her mouth, making as little sound as possible while her eyes are completely soaked.

Sei breathes out, 'This sense is so familiar to Leon but more suffocating, each step she takes makes me want to puke out!'

Both of them are freaking out on the inside. 

'Should I talk? Am I allowed to even breathe in the first place?' Sei slowly takes a running stance, his feet screaming him to run yet his body and brain are completely frozen.

Ava follows and stands low.

Sei whispers to Ava, 'When I tell you to jump, Jump in the air. I will catch you and run away.' Sei's eyes glow blue before—

[Mechanical eye has been activated.]

[Eyesight has been greatly—

[Error! Error!]

[Mechanical Eye has Malfunctioned!]

[...]

[Warning! Mechanical Eye had malfunctioned due to the authority of a fallen Saintness!]

"AHHHH!" Sei covers both his eyes, rubbing them slowly by his arms. 

"What's Wrong- Before Ava could finish her sentence, she saw a large sword over the top of them. Ava huffs as the sword cuts the air to fall directly above them. Ava hugs her brother as the sword reaches them.

BAM!—

The sound wave was so big that it shattered the surrounding wet walls of the cave, leaving the woman confused. She bends her head, slightly smiling. Her smile almost reached the corner of her face, her vampire-like teeth shining bright in that dimly lighted cave. 

"Leon, you kids said." The woman speaks as the large sword floats over them, she is holding the sword with her index and middle finger as if she is holding a card. 

There is no reply in the air but a slight sniffing of Ava over the top of the air. Her red eyes glisten as she speaks with more volume, "It must be Leon since I can smell you over you two. If you reply to me, I may let you two go."

Sei bites his tongue, "W-we don't know him."

...

She takes one step closer to the boy kneeling.

[Authority of Fallen Saintness has been activated.]

[Seven Steps of a Fallen Saintness has been activated.]

[...]

[The target has been locked. The purification process has been activated!]

Gravity seemed to have turned against him, pressing him down hard.

'What is this, I can't breathe!!!!!!'

He struggled to catch his breath as he fell, feeling like an invisible weight was squashing him. Every move was tough, like trying to walk through thick mud. Dizziness swept over him, making everything spin. Panic started to creep in, making him feel even more lost.

He gasped for air, each breath a battle against the heavy force pushing down on him. His muscles screamed in pain but he couldn't say anything. 

The woman smiles slowly, "I hate those who don't obey me." Ava suddenly grabs the arm of the woman. She speaks as she wipes her tears, 'I'll tell you whatever you need to know. Le-Let my brother go!"

"Good. Then bow to me first." 

BAM!--

She falls to the ground, fully on the ground as if she is completely forced to bow down to her.

"Now Talk! I will allow you."

 Ava gulps, "We met when we were thrown into the hardest door on the big entrance thingy where all of the people gathered. He battled alone and protected us till the end."

The woman stretches her hands.

[Authority of Fallen Saintness has been deactivated.]

[Seven Steps of a Fallen Saintness has been deactivated.]

Sei huffs as he beats his chest, before coughing out blood. He wipes his face while staring at the blood on his clothes. 

"Till the end?" The woman asks. 

"Y-yes, he sacrificed himself while dealing with a huge centipede to save us." Ava peeks a little over to the woman's face. Her face curled up.

Her eyes narrowed, reflecting a deep sense of distaste and aversion. It was a vulgar reaction, visible in every muscle and line of their face, conveying an unmistakable sense of disdain and repulsion. 

"Leon is dead?"

Ava's eyebrows frowned as soon as she heard those words. Sei seems to still be in a bad state as he is bowing down, pressuring his stomach even though he is heavily injured.

A few footsteps can be heard. 

The woman turns back.

Ava and Sei look over. Sei's eyes dilate as she looks over to her brother, "It's the people who threw Leon and us into that entrance."

The fat and bald guy and other comes over behind her. He says, "Empress Sophia Kaiser, We've heard a bit—

"Kaiser?" Sei looks over to the gathered people there.

The sword suddenly appears before them. 

[Authority of Fallen Saintness has been activated.]

[Stats have been buffed as the madness of the user has been 

BAM! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! 

Sophia swings her left hand as her, as the sword follows and dances with her movement. Each swing splatters a person, one at a time like a balloon.

[User "Kazuki" has been Eliminated. 240 exp has been distributed.]

[User "Priya" has been Eliminated. 240 exp has been distributed.]

 [User "Santiago" has been Eliminated. 240 exp has been distributed.]

[User "Ananya" has been Eliminated. 240 exp has been distributed.]

 [User "Jin Wei" has been Eliminated. 240 exp has been distributed.]

[User "Aarav" has been Eliminated. 240 exp has been distributed.]

[User "Amara" has been Eliminated. 240 exp has been distributed.]

 [User "Eliana" has been Eliminated. 240 exp has been distributed.]

 [User "Rajiv" has been Eliminated. 240 exp has been distributed.]

 [User "Lila" has been Eliminated. 240 exp has been distributed.]

[...]

"Shut the fuck up! Silent." Sophia speaks.

[Silent mode has been activated due to the request of the user.]

She bites her underlips as she slaughtered them like animals, each death silent before they speak leaving a pool of blood, squashed bones, and human skin sticking to the blunt side of the sword. She scratches her thighs while bleeding herself as she walks through a pool of blood, ribs wide open on the sideways to the last person.

"What is it?" She speaks in a normal cold voice as if she didn't slaughter ten people like nothing. The man shaking in tears, pissed his pants while he speaks in a shaking voice, "W-We heard a l-loud bang here, s-so—

Sophia kneels slowly as she smiles softly.

"A-are you gonna kill me now?"

"Guess?"

Sei watches them as he is blocking his sister's eyes. Ava is closing his eyes. 

KRAK! KRAK! SPLAT!

Sei watches in avid horror, as the man begs but Sophia rips his head out with his spinal cord still attached. She stands up and throws the head away. She spits on the ground.

"Lilith, Show yourself." 

SWOOSH! A person with pink hair, wearing a full black maid dress appears before her. A person who seems neither like a man nor a woman, neither human nor a doll. She kneels in the pool of blood.

"Yes, My Empress. How may I be of your assistance?"

"They said my brother died and these pigs disrupted my grievance."

...

"Sad to hear, my liege."

"Lilith, can you carry me? The penalty is suppressing me. Take me There." Sophia points as she is picked up by Lilith, she carries her like a princess. Both of them appear before Ava and Sophia. 

"They both saw my brother's last moments. Keep them alive. He must have kept them alive to let me know that I still adore orange color and kids."

"Your brother is very considerate, isn't he? My liege."

"Of course."

Ava and Sei look over to each other, raising their eyebrows. Ava speaks, "Uhm Actually He sent us to Sara—" Sei blocks her mouth. 

"That's r-right, Empress. He said to meet you since he only trusts his sister." Sei smiles awkwardly while looking at them.

Sophia nods her head. Lilith slowly puts her down.

"Is that so? I thought that snot brat completely hated me after that incident."

...

Lilith bends down and speaks, 'Empress, Should you believe these kids?" Sophia turns back, her face ice cold as she bleeds from her eyes, ears nose, and mouth, all at once.

"My Liege! Is it the penalty?"

Lilith hurriedly murmurs.

[Large Aoe Heal Has been activated.]

[Health and mental debuff have been nulled.]

[The Stamina and health recovery has been accelerated by 120%.]

[Mana Consumption has been decelerated by 200%.]

[Allies are being healed.]

Sophia wavers his hands on the sky as she reminiscences something, her red eyes glisten as she softly sings as the voice echoes throughout the cave.

"Rip open my Ribs cartilage,
Lay your whole body like a cocoon in my open torso,
For you are borne to bloom.
Live under my skin,
Tear apart my throat, and use the Trachea as a violin.
For even after death, I would sing to you,
For even after death, I would sing to you.
Take the heart for you, as it would beat even after the drainage,
Drink my blood like a fine wine,

Tie my veins and organs as your ornaments,
My sweet devil intertwined,
My sweet devil intertwined."

Sophia speaks while holding her hands on her chest, while Lilith is channeling her skill to heal her, "One of my friends before handed me this poem. Me and my brother used to sing it, even though he never liked it."

...

Ava whispers to Sei, "Is she a corny teenager or something Sei?"

Sei frowns at her while signaling her to shut up. He looks at his body as it slowly heals itself in complete awe. Lilith speaks to Sophia in a low voice, "My liege, isn't the penalty too much by the gods?"

Sophia smirks while she closes her eyes and speaks,

"There's nothing we can do."

Lilith sighs deeply.

"But."

Sophia speaks, "But even one day GODS are bound to slip."

1