Chapter 10: Abyss Walker
27 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Congratulations! A hidden class has been provided to the Player, 'Doomcraft.']

"This completes me. This class uses a lot of Mana status but it's one of a kind, two whole weeks in complete darkness and sensory deprivation for this shit!" Leon swipes his status to the side, smirking.

[You have unlocked a secondary class "Abyss Walker"!]

"I can see clearly now, and my skin feels like it's mine again," he says, gazing up at the ceiling. His eyes gleam like pearls or bats in the dark cave. Leon rotates his body with excitement like a child, like a child being in front of a circus.

"So bright and colorful. I thought it was supposed to be dark and grimy. Some things look better in the dark than the normal light." 

[Secondary Class: Abyss Walker (Evolution Class) 

Gazer (Active): Abyss Walkers possess heightened visual acuity in darkness, allowing them to perceive details and movements that elude others. Stare within an enemy's eyes for 5 seconds to stun them physically and mentally.

Swift (Passive): Within the veil of darkness, Abyss Walkers move with increased agility, gaining a 12% boost in speed. Their movements become fluid and silent.

Mystria N'amoun: The targeted enemy's existence will be erased slowly, while the user will be suffering from screaming voices from hell, at all times. Cooldown: 240 hours.]

...

Leon squatted a little while stretching his arms and said, "I've got to try these skills." He then launched off to the tutorial room with ease.

With each step, his speed increased, and he ran with a speed that could rival that of a cheetah. Cutting through the air, Leon drifted, feeling the rush of adrenaline.

He thought to himself, 'I'm so fast in the dark that I can almost reach the tutorial in mere minutes, which took me hours to get to in the first place.' Leon then curved right before crashing head-on with a group of people.

A female in the front holding a staff in her hands falls on the ground. He suddenly holds her stomach, before almost puking out. 

"W-what hit me?"

A female with platinum and creamy silver hair color with highlights is gently woven throughout the hair, shimmering highlights in a delicate hue like pale silver which shines even brighter due to people holding lamps around her, her hair flowing loosely like the waters from the Himalayas.

Leon with his eyes wide open, "Holy shit! A Halo over her, and she would definitely look like an angel."

The female looks ahead with her striking silver hue, reminiscent of precious metal, and with a subtle, radiant glow captivating any person.

She swipes her hair to the side revealing a bruise and speaks in a mesmerizing voice, "What? A wild cat?"

...

"And she's a dumbass. Why can't anything be normal?" Leon slaps his forehead.

A girl with short brown hair picks her up, "Karina, you know that's a small boy right?" Leon stands up while stretching his back. The girl with the brown hair stretches her hand toward Leon, "Are you okay, little boy? I'm Serene, what is your name?"

She rubs the dust off Leon's face. 

"Leon."

"Oh? A brave name for a little person huh?"

Serene stretches his cheeks, 'He really does look like a black cat.' Leon catches her hand and throws it away to the side, while he rubs his red cheeks immediately.

"An attitude of a cat as well." Serene laughs before returning to Karina, talking to each of them, the group. Leon bows his head a little and tries to leave.

Serene catches his shoulder with both hands.

"Wait, Leon. Why don't you travel with us?"

Leon twists his head, 'What is she talking about?' Serene rubs his hair while petting him constantly, "We decided to take you with us plus you look very malnourished for a child!"

"Take me? That's nonsense and I'm not a child--

"I-I am a child but I need somewhere to be."

Karina sways her hand before a golden light, "It's okay, cat. Come here." Serene pulls him slowly near Karina, healing most of his small cuts and wounds. He rubs his wounds while they disappear slowly.

"Healer? No. It's a Saintness."

He looks over to the bruise that Karina has on her left cheek, 'Definitely, a saintness. It takes almost eighteen minutes for a healer to completely heal a person.'

'She still hasn't passed the test of corruption, I see. Otherwise, there would be no bruises, ever on the holy body of a saintness.' He shakes his head. Karina signals others to give Leon some food. Leon's face remains unchanged even when he suddenly has two bread lumps on his hands.

"They look like homeless themselves and they are providing me food?"

Leon looks over to the food again.

"At first it seemed like lumps but now it feels good to see. Well, fuck it."

He takes a huge bite, before devouring two loaves of bread easily in less than 2 minutes. Everybody looks at him, with their eyebrows raised and mouths wide open while he demolishes those breads while spilling some on the ground like a wild animal.

...

"Ahem! S-Serena, Let's take him to our camp, why not?"

A person taps her on her back, looking concerned "Our food rations are in bad condition. Is it okay Karina?" Before Karina could reply, Seren spoke quite loudly, "I would give him my part, no need to worry about your rations."

"That's not the part but what would Jasper think?"

The whole place is covered in silence. The person removes his hoodie, wearing a sad expression he speaks, "We don't mind sharing but Jasper sent us to scavenge and probably as a sacrifice. But if he sees him next, I'm sure he won't be happy."

 Serene has her eyebrows frowned and her veins popping through her forehead, "I told you all not to say that in front of Karina---

Karina looks down and smiles a little bit almost a bitter smile, "I'm sure he-he's not that bad of a person."

The man throws the worn-out sword on the floor.

"Please don't lie to us. We've lost more than five members today."

Serene raises her arrow toward the man, while the man stands there with his eyes closed, twitching and shaking. 

"Hmm~" Leon rubs his chin.

Serene looks over as Karina kneels, her eyes closed and her ears covered. She seems to be murmuring something over and over, tears all over her face.

"B-but he's the only one who can take us safely out of this hell."

"B-but he's the only one who can take us safely out of this hell."

"B-but he's the only one who can take us safely out of this hell!"

Leon, with his poker face, thinks, "Found the corruption inside the Saintness. This ought to be interesting, I'll follow these people." Serene rubs her shoulder while hugging her while others look guilty and cannot maintain eye contact.

The man whispers to another, "There she goes with her acting!"

Serene launches her arrow, almost blowing his head off.

"What the fuck did you say?"

[Blessing of the winds has been activated!]

[Accuracy and attack speed has been increased by 6%]

[User is immune to any attack for 15 seconds.]

Karina grabs her hand, slowly lowering down her bow. 

"I-It's okay, Serene." Karina slowly wakes up, wiping her tears.

"Hmph!" Serene's bow disappears.

"You all don't have to worry. I will fix this somehow." Karina smiles while the people scuff leaving them behind and heading first. Serene grabs Leon's arm and both of them take him to the camp.

Leon looks up at the girls, 'Both of them are very tall, must be college students.' Just before the entrance to the grimy camp, somebody is screaming. A person with golden hair, covered in red blood pulls the hair of a female, "What is this piece of trash that you brought to me?"

Karina simply ignores it, while she herself looks very pale like the woman. Serene runs off to Jasper, to stop the abuse.

Jasper looks at the items, that all of the people with Serene and Karina have salvaged and screams, "Take these shits inside, and hand over the golds." Jasper pushes off Serene as they collect gold from everyone.

Serene comes over to Leon, "Let's go over there. He's a bad person." Leon follows Serene, 'They are really treating me like a child, huh?'

Leon asks, "Why is he like that?"

Serene looks over to Leon, "He was like that before but when he heard about this tutorial being a world called 'Devourer IIX' he went even rogue. The little floating thing called him the chosen too. But you don't have to worry, Karina and I am here."

"Chosen? Those siblings were also saying something about 'Chosen' one too."

Leon rubs his chin before snapping his finger, 'Ohhhh! He must've been a player huh?' He smirks.

0