Chapter 12 Politics
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I wanted to get this out quickly since ideas are flowing right now.

Thank you for reading!

Seeing new followers and number of readers going up really makes me feel happy. I know that I am still lacking a lot as a writer, but I am trying my best to craft a fun and interesting story. Hopefully, my grammar have improve as well.

 

Chapter 12

“Hey, sorry I am late. What's happening?” Cade pushes through the crowds toward Kim and Beth “Hey! How are you, senior Yulin? I didn't know you were meeting up with us today. You look beautiful as always. What magic do you use for your skin? Looks smooth and soft like a baby's. Tell me your secret!” Cade did not stop talking as usual.

 

“We are testing the result of the training.” Kim was watching Jace with sharp eyes. One month of training is barely enough time for even the most talented martial artist to learn the basics to perfection.

 

“How is he? Do you think he can do well in the competition?” Cade asked

 

“..........he has zero talents” Beth giggled

 

—------------------------

 

The punches were heavy and fast. Jace could see all of them and was fast enough to react, but he allowed himself to get hit to test his new body. The results were magnificent.

 

He thought back to a few weeks ago when he got this body.

 

Jace Farsea

 

Race: Human (100%)

 

Title: Exile, Cosmic Enemy, Doomed Fate, Apex Predator’s favorite pet, Cool Guy (lol), Zombie?

 

Vitality 18+32 (50) update

 

Magic: intensity 6 (-??)

Control 10 (+90)

Mana 17 (0) update

 

Spell: Scan

Shock

Telekinesis

Magnetic force

Railgun

 

Trait: Mana Authority

Mana and Aura allergies

Curse of disfigurement

Curse of ?????

Cursed bloodline

Curse of weakness

Doomed

Curse of the uninvited

Curse of insanity

Curse of the void

True Sight

Perfect Ether Physique (new)

 

Blessing: Blessing of the Earth

Planet’s chosen

When his body forging was completed, he had expected to achieve a Perfect Aura Physique, however, a completely new physique appeared. It made sense when he thought about it. He did not forge an Aura Heart but forcibly mutated his own body to be stronger with mana, and then attempted to forge his mana heart into aura at the end. But his entire body has already mutated completely by that time, his mana heart has also changed into something else.

 

Perfect Ether Physique

 

One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind

 

The first appearance of Ether in this world. Ether exists outside the cause and effects of karma. Unchained by the elements, unrestricted by nature. Ether is the power of emptiness and infinity

 

Holy hell! A new element discovery since the first Aura Master ....” At least he has never heard of this element before. Jace felt overwhelmed. This is much more than his original plan. He only wanted a strong Aura Physique and control over mana. Creating a new element was not what he expected, but it seemed extremely powerful.

The body unable to naturally process mana

 

Fuck! Nothing in this world is free huh.."Jace felt like he was getting further and further away from a mage.

Ascension of Chosen + 7

 

That is almost 1/10 of the way to Ascension. Jace was shocked to see that. Ether might be much more powerful than he realized, and this was only the physique. He did not know how to acquire or use Ether energy itself.

 

“Pay attention stupid!” An annoying voice from the crowd.

 

The Blossom Swordsman in front of him continues to furiously assault him. This was enough of a test of his durability for now.

 

“Nice! My turn.” Jace couldn't help but smile.

 

Jace tries to dodge all of the punches thrown at him. His eyes could see them all, but his reaction speed and coordination were a mess. He got hit more than he dodged. Lu got confident seeing Jace unable to dodge his punches. His attacks started to have more power but less speed, that was his downfall. Jace grabs the Swordsman's fist, stopping it from the fancy, but weak punches it was doing before, and then Jace simply clenches.

 

Crunch

 

An audible sound rang out from the swordsman's hand, and then he screamed.

 

“Aaaaaaaaaa- '' Flowing Sword immediately cuts Lu into two. The crowd was shocked.

 

“I apologize for the unruly behavior of one of our own. I took the disgraceful task of ending the shameful thing myself. He was blinded by desire, understandable after seeing such ………luscious things.” Flowing Swords lick his lips openly. “I hope little brother would not take offense” a hyena-like smile.

 

“Bast-” Before Jace could retort, Cade pushed him back into Beth's waiting hand. She put her hands over his mouth to stop what was coming

 

“I heard so much about Sir Flowing Sword. I am Cadreal Varnus, of the Varnus line. A pleasure to meet you.” The fake smile that Jace hadn't seen for a long time made a return. “Esteem Senior brother must not have heard of me, I am but an insignificant member of the Varnus family, but my father had the pleasure of meeting the esteemed Blossom Sword Saint many years ago. I hope Sir Saint is doing well?” a barrage of platitudes. Jace is beginning to realize that some political games are going on here. He was only a country bumpkin and had no experience with the noble's customs of giving each other poison with a smile.

 

The Flowing Sword expression was stiff. The name Varnus itself was no big deal, a Ducal noble line, but even a Duke can not do whatever they wish without justifications. They had covered their tracks well, but when Cade jumped out and turned a possible self-defense into this high society's dance, he lost that justification.

 

“An esteemed sir from the Varnus house? What a surprise! Unfortunately, we must resume our duties and cannot stay here for more pleasantries. Patrolling the world for evil is a never-ending task.” Flowing Sword turns around and leaves with his entourage quickly.

 

Jace was a bit surprised the situation had ended so quickly, and even Beth had stopped him from beating that guy.

 

“Why did you stop me? I did what you asked…..” Jace was a bit confused. Beth pats his chest.

 

“That guy is cunning. When they were suppressing both of us, we had the justification to fight back. Even if a few of them get killed, no one can complain. But when you came out, he created a justification for his underling to attack you by provoking a duel. When his underling lost, he killed him and said his underling was misbehaving, then he provoked you.” Beth points at Jace. “If you had attacked, then he could use that as justification to kill you in the guise of self-defense.”

 

“Isn't that just a bunch of bullshit? None of it makes logical sense, that guy was making trouble from the beginning.” Jace's eyebrow twitch

 

“The truth doesn't matter, if he had killed you or all of us and later got investigated, that is the reasoning that he would use. The sect backing him would see that as a reasonable turn of events and cover it up. That is the politics of the martial world. You will also have to learn that in the future” Cade said, his fake smile gone again.

 

“You can only do whatever you want if you are almighty. Even Miss Harlet must play the politics game. She is probably one of the strongest humans alive, but do you think she can fight against all the sects and powerful forces of the world by herself? Even if she could, what about the people that she cares about?” Cade points to Jace and then to Beth. “She is going to protect them by herself, forever? That's why I told you that you need connections and allies.” Cade poked Jace in the chest.

 

“Wow, I thought Cade just talked for the sake of talking” Yulin made everyone laugh after such a dark situation

 

“You are awful. You won thanks to that body of yours. We will spar for the rest of the night after this” Kim came out of nowhere and glared at him. Surprisingly, she was an extremely strict teacher.

 

Jace saw the martial world in a new light. Indeed this world is full of snakes and death traps. Even someone as strong as Miss Harlet is a prisoner of human society. But not him, someday he will become so strong that human rules and laws no longer apply to him. For that is the type of power necessary to even fight his true enemies. And, now he has one more goal.

—------------------------

 

VIP Room

 

Hundreds of mana net screens were projected in the air, beautiful booths made from mana silk wrapped in white branches and cacoon scattered around the room. Miss Harlet, Sir Windshear, Sir Runic, Duke Feng, only the most distinguished guests are allowed in here. The screen shows the students having conflicts with each other, arguments, fights, and even some deaths have already occurred.

 

Duke Feng, Lealatha, and quite a few people were paying special attention to a certain screen. A Blossom Swordsman can be seen furiously punching at a tall young man. The same young man who became the hot topic of discussion recently. An inventor of the spell that uses the knowledge of the chaotic era. Jace Farsea.

 

People at the scene did not notice, and maybe even Jace himself did not notice. The aura surrounding those punches was sucked into his body when it gets near him. But the people in this room were the best of the best, the grand general, the world's leading researchers, and Saints, they all saw what happened.

 

“No! That is not a vacuum spell! Have you been drinking that engine oil so much that your brains have rotted? That is a mana dispersion rune!” In one corner of the room, a bunch of Dwarfs huddle together and have heated discussions.

 

“MANA DISPERSION RUNE!?!? Have you gone insane? Or did you invent that when we were not looking?” One dwarf aggressively shoves another.

 

“It's an ARTIFACT, ya moron!” A fight is about to break out

 

In another corner of the room, a group of elves looked at the same screen, but their eyes were not on Jace. A serene smile hangs on the face of every elf in this group.

 

At the back of the room, Duke Feng's smile was so wild that it was scaring the guests near him. Lealatha rests her head on her husband's shoulder. The two look as if they are watching their son's sports game.

 

“What the hell did that kid do again?” Miss Harlet laughs like a little kid.

 

Ruin floats around the screen, pointing and chirping at Jace's face. Then flew out of the room.

 

“Hello guests, I hope you have set your eyes on someone you like. After everyone has placed a bet we will begin the first test. Please place your bets now!” Miss Harlet's face pops up on the screen of everyone in the room.

 

A transparent bubble floats in front of each guest. The dwarfs immediately reach into their bags and pull out a bunch of weird gadgets. Each dwarfs place one gadget into the bubble. The elves pull out white growing branches, the same material that made the gym door and the cocoon in this room. Duke Feng and Lealatha pull out giant fangs, a prize from some ferocious beast.

 

“Duke Feng is betting a Legor's fang. What a precious thing he is betting.” A few noble grasp from seeing that fang.

 

“Duke, why so serious?” An Elf walks over to the Duke and bows respectfully towards Lealatha.

 

“Everyone from the border lives seriously. Laugh seriously, love seriously, and bet seriously” The good Duke's smile never left his face since a little while ago.

 

“Lady Lealatha, it's good to see you. Would you not greet your niece?” The elf bowed lower when he met her eyes.

 

“She will be fine. She has good taste in men, just like her aunt” Her laugh is clear and bright like a bell.

0