Trial 39: Spar
861 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hiro had no idea that him picking up the phone would lead to something unbelievable. He only thought about Sona sleeping in his arms and closed his eyes.

The next day, he woke up and went over to Tiamat's house but not before getting a hot kiss from Sona.

Now in Tiamat's kitchen, he made some light breakfast while ignoring the piercing gaze coming from the silver-haired girl.

"Hiro, you have the scent of a female on your whole body…"

Her tone was calm, way calmer, unlike her usual energetic one. He used the apron to wipe the cold sweat from his face and turned around to face the girl tugging his shirt.

'I should have taken a bath before coming here. But Tiamat onee-san takes more than an hour.'

"Tsuki… you know about my relationship with Sona…" He replied with a wry smile.

"We know… we know…"

Even his sharp senses couldn't listen to her whispers. But from her confused eyes and depressed tone, it wasn't anything good. He patted her head while using the other to focus on cooking.

"Tsuki, I have good news. You know about schools?"

She nodded her head, her eyes still gazing at the floor. "Tiamat onee-san taught us about the school. It's where many boys and girls go to study."

"Then, do you want to go there too? Me and you in the same class?"

Her head snapped up in a second. With eyes brimming with surprise, she fired her question. "Is that true!? Us and Hiro are going together to the same school!?"

"Yes."

He nodded and placed his hands on her cheeks, which made her smile brightly in return.

"Only if you cheer up," He said and stretched her soft cheeks. She used her hands to free herself. Befitting a dragon, her physical strength was even higher than his.

"We will go and tell this to Tiamat onee-san!" She scurried out of the room.

He shook his head and continued cooking. "Tsuki, huh. She is weirdly cute…"

---

After eating breakfast, Hiro invited Hilde to the area outside the house.

"Hiro-sama, what are we here for?" She asked while her gaze moved from him to the area.

Hiro closed his eyes and felt the origin energy running through his body. "Come at me with everything you have. A serious spar…"

Hilde's eyes opened wide in surprise. The battle spirit emanating from Hiro baffled her even more. Her master wasn't joking, it seems.

"Are you crazy? With the difference in our strength, you'll end up with serious injuries and possibly die. Do you have a death wish or some-"

She paused as her eyes turned sharper. From out of nowhere, a spear appeared in Hiro's hands. The shaft was brown, and a golden strip of cloth was tied around the top of the shaft, and its spearhead had exotic gold and fiery red engravings and a unique shape resembling a dragon while the tip was pure gold.

Cold sweat drenched her back. The aura coming from the spear materialized in the form of flames, but it vanished as soon as it appeared.

"Are you scared now?" Hiro asked as his lips formed a mocking smile.

She flinched at the sharp tone. However, the former leader of Valkyries didn't back down. Her hands flew at the golden hilt peeking from the sword sheath tied on her waist. Even in her maid outfit, she carried a sword.

The only extraordinary thing about it was its golden hilt grasped in both of her hands.

She closed her eyes and let her suppressed magic power flow. The ground below her cracked while a faint blue aura wrapped her body.

"Flames of Surtr."

She muttered the name of her most potent fire magic. A burst of blazing fire converged and coated the sword. Now fully prepared, she eyed Hiro. This time she swore to teach him a lesson and take revenge.

"Come, don't cry later if you lose."

Hiro casually swung the spear and pointed it at Brynhildr. His eyes were carrying calmness even in the face of her lava-like fire. He was confident in 'Flammenwelle', a weapon based on the 'Spear of Lugh' from Irish Mythology. The spear wielded by the renowned God Lugh, who boasts enough strength to be ranked in Top 10 strongest being in the World. Of course, this spear was nowhere near the original, but it still possessed flames that could scorch any Low-Class devil just with its aura.

At that moment, Brynhildr kicked the ground and instantly appeared behind Hiro. Her frilly maid dress fluttered as she slashed down the sword writhing with flames. Hiro's senses warned him of the danger. He swiftly stepped to the side, just in time to dodge the attack, and after using touki to strengthen his body, he swung the spear widely at her left arm.

"Tch!"

Brynhidlr watched the spear scorching the very air around its trajectory. But instead of dodging, she grinned and formed a barrier to defend herself, which only lasted a moment. But it bought enough time for her to turn and use the sword to block the spear.

"Haaa!"

Hiro spun to the left and did another wide slash, which was yet again blocked by her. The gap between the raw strength couldn't be compensated with Touki, yet Hiro smiled and launched a flurry of feints attacks. Brute force was never his forte.

What he excelled in techniques and the ability to adapt. Despite never picking up a spear before, his perception allowed him to slowly adapt to the weight and shape of the weapon in his hands.

Brynhildr blocked Hiro's attacks without much effort, but over time, she noticed a thing. The weight behind the attacks got heavier. Even his movements became sharper, making it harder to grasp correctly. Still, it wasn't enough to defeat her as she didn't use any light magic spell, which was the bane of any devil.

Half an hour passed like this, her admiration for her Master increased. What if he mastered the art of spear? She thought and imagined what the results would be. Sadly, she knew nothing about spearmanship, or she would have taught him.

"Let's stop here." She declared as she dodged another attack.

But it was enough for now. She was fine, but Hiro was having a hard time concentrating now. A result of pushing his perception to the limits.

"Okay. Thanks for your help, Hilde." He turned the spear back to a bracelet.

Frankly, he might have won if he used the ability of the spear, only if Hilde wasn't holding back now. But that was kind of silly since everyone hid a trump card or two up their sleeve.

Brynhildr smiled and sheathed her sword. "No problem, Hiro-sama. It was entertaining to spar with you."

18