Trial 5: Against the Mythological Beast
2k 4 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Unknown to the mess he created in the clan of Sitri, Hiroshi cautiously walked while waving his sword once in a while to clear the dense branches hanging in front of him.

"I hope that slightly mischievous letter works out well."

The letter he wrote with the help of Ortus previous Host, Elans memories was contrary to his own personality. Elans had very very very great womanizing skills, even many goddesses from different Pantheons entered his harem.

Though Hiro only possessed fragments of his memory, Elans had witnessed the rise and fall of the entire Devil Race, making him thousands of years old. His race wasn't defined in the memories, yet he could contend against Satan Class Devils without much effort. Oddly enough, no books held any record of his existence like he wasn't here to begin with.

The reason Hiroshi found it unable to power up was that Seed of Ortus was connected to him the moment he came into this world. Without Seed of Ortus, his soul was incomplete and unable to show the strength he developed from countless hours of training. Why was it like this even Aux-san didn't know, but he will find it someday.

"How much time left till the gate opens?"

[Four hours, nineteen minutes]

He shook off the green serpent trying to strangle his arm and tried to find a secluded place while also searching for some strong monster. The place he currently roamed through was the very forest Devils used to form pacts with familiars.

He had to do some work here while some extra work if he only became strong enough to even stand in front of that being.

Constantly annoyed by harmless monsters, he finally came across a solitary cave. The deep claw marks on the walls outside the cave signified the presence of a strong monster.

He mixed his aura with the surroundings and entered the cave, hearing the loud snoring noise, he relaxed a tad bit until he finally saw the creature.

Feathers as if made of a sword reflecting a metallic glint as its large body heaved up and down within deep slumber. A natural helmet with sharp spikes extended outwards of its dragonhead, its entire body looked like it was carved out of steel.

Looking at its dragon mixed with bird appearance, he remembered a certain creature from Mythology. The giant bird Minokawa, also known as Moon and Sun-Eater. Of course, the myths were exaggerated because it's true powers were creating illusions and other abilities were mostly unknown.

He stood there with his incredulous gaze fixed on the 2m large creature in front of him. He couldn't believe the fact the first random cave he entered would be the home of an infant Mythological beast.

Will my fake powers even work on it?

The fake powers or the origin element capable of changing could also imitate every Devil Clan's ability, at least in theory. Although it wasn't possible to use the skills that worked physically, still, reproducing energy types wasn't a big deal like he did with Sona's door.

The Clan ability he wanted to copy hailed from one of Extinct Devil families in Underworld, Buné. One of their unique abilities was the power to tame dragons.

After thinking carefully if he should tame the powerful mythological creature, whose current power should be around middle to high class in Devil terms.

"Well, I can escape if things went awry."

He slowly closed the distance between them, his steps covered in aura moved without any single sound. The more he neared the more chills wrapped around his body, signaling that the creature in front held the power to threaten his life.

He stopped near the dragon head of the Minokawa and crept his hand closer to its head.

A golden aura radiated from his hands and entered Minokawa's head. Its eyes snapped open, revealing the mirror-like slightly transparent pupils.

Hiro took a few steps back and gazed at the eyes tinged with intelligence. His method ended up failing because of insufficient time.

"Roaaar~!" A sharp roar akin to a child scream came from Minokawa's mouth. But in Hiro's eyes, it looked like a challenge.

"You want a fight? Fine, I'll give you one and tame you with my own hands."

He declared in an apathetic voice, the Minokawa opened its maw wide and roared, sending ripples of shockwaves at him.

He stepped to the side and enveloped his entire body in Touki, the power to utilize one's life force. Though he was a rookie, Touki still increased his body durability and strength by more than twice.

He pounced forward and pushed his leg toward the steel-like jaws of the enemy. Its head snapped up from the impact, he exploited the opening and slashed his demonic sword covered in crimson aura across its neck. It was the prided ability of Bael Clan, Power of Destruction.

A howl brimming with pain was released accompanied by a stream of blood. Minokawa lowered its head and glared at him with wrathful eyes.

A disdainful smile spread across his lips. "Kid, wetting your pants already?"

"Roaaar!"

He dodged another roar attack and saw Minokawa spreading its wings wide, showing off the sword-like feathers in full glory.

Swirling wind gathered around its wings together with a large number of silver needles made of demonic aura. With a flap of wings, all needles shot toward him.

He calmly analyzed the trajectories of each needle and twisted his body multiple times to protect his vitals and let the rest attack him. Some needles dispersed as it came in contact with his body.

Illusions?

He retreated near the entrance while healing the wounds with the regeneration power of Phenex family. The biggest drawback of using multiple abilities was the consumption of Origin energy. His reserves still between the Low Class and Mid Class didn't do any justice.

He shot balls made of power of destruction at its dragon head.

"Skreeee~!"

Minokawa tilted its head, still one of them grazed past its ears or where he thought the ears should be.

"Feel like giving up yet?"

"Rooooar~!"

It answered with a bloodcurdling roar, the pride of a Mythological beast wouldn't allow it to surrender.

"Then I'll beat you down till you submit."

Hiroshi went in a defensive stance, waiting to recover as much as Origin energy he could.

Another ear-piercing roar started the second round of the battle against the Moon Eater beast.

32