Trial 17: The strange trio
1.3k 1 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Is Ophis talking about Origin Energy?

Hiro confusedly gazed at Ophis who looked up with her big black eyes. She grabbed his hand and tried to lead him somewhere. However, she was unable to pull him because of the difference in height and her not utilizing the true powers.

Is she really the Dragon God? She looks like a normal kid to me…

He observed her for a long moment before giving in. He was also curious where she wanted to take him. Ophis nodded and took a step forward.

*Bzz!* For a moment, the space around Hiro vibrated. In the blink of an eye, the scene around him disappeared, replaced by grey walls on all sides. It was a simple and spacious room that was anything but special.

She teleported me, but where?

"Ophis? Can I call you that?"

Seeing her nod, he added, "And you can call me Hiro."

"...Hiro."

(I still can't believe this cheeky brat is White Dragon Emperor.)


(Bastard! How dare you! Fight me!)


(There there Vali…)

The voices coming from the only door in the room made Hiro hesitate. He could smell trouble that was ensuing inside that room. He looked at Ophis staring his way blankly.

He didn't know why but he could somewhat sense the emotions in her blank eyes.

"Where is this place?"

"Khaos Brigade. White Dragon."

He shook his head, gaining any information from her was nothing better than banging his head on the wall.

"Come, join us?"

Hearing her invitation, he thought for a moment before nodding. He also wanted to know the reason spies infiltrated Sitri Household.

"I'll think about it. First, let me meet others."

(Nyahahaha, Vali is an idiot. Look at him blushing so hard, nya~)

He tried to ignore the unruly laugh despite the elegant voice of the owner and entered the room with Ophis. Inside there, two males and one young woman sat on a sofa watching something. Just as he was looking at them, they all spotted him. Everyone reacted to his presence differently.

The silver-haired boy dressed in a white shirt and shorts had soft features like a girl. Battle intent? dwelling inside his blue eyes. The young man with light brown hair was wearing Chinese armor. His brows eyes had a playful glint with a powerful battle spirit. Lastly, the black-haired young woman was dressed in a black kimono with a red interior. Hiro's gaze was fixed on her head. An intricate headband sat there with two cat-like ears twitching on its side.

He then moved his gaze down to see two tails resting on the sofa.

A Half-devil, a Youkai and a Nekomata…

The silver-haired boy jumped from the sofa and landed in front of Hiro. "You look strong. I challenge you to fight me! Face the dragon sealed in my right hand!"

He looked at the boy with a frown. Ophis tugged his sleeve and pointed at the silver haired boy.

"Vali, White Dragon."

Vali raised his right hand and two white wings materialized on his back with eight blue feather made of energy. Smiling proudly, he introduced himself.

"Yes, I'm Vali. The descendant of True Lucifer also holds the one and only Vanishing Dragon."

"So this is the White Dragon Emperor of this generation…" Hiro muttered under his breath.

Ophis nodded at the side and pointed at the armored young man aiming his long staff at Hiro.

"Bikou… A descendant of Son Goku."

Bikou began his introduction with a playful smile. "Hello, the young man who looks like Japanese. I'm Bikou from the clan of Sun Wukong. I also challenge you to fight if you win I will let you face our leader, the True Lucifer~"

Hiro completely neglected Bikou and Vali's presence and looked in the hazel golden eyes of Nekomata. He could sense cautiousness and hatred inside them. He was sure she was one laughing before he entered the room.

"Kuroka, a Nekoshou."

Where did I hear this name? … Kuroka… wait! She is the SS-Class terrorist who killed her Master, a devil from Naberius family…

Kuroka stood up. The pair of tails growing from her swung around in the air. "Nya, what is a devil doing here? Is he joining us, Ophis-sama?"

Ophis nodded her head and grasped Hiro's right hand. "Hiro is strong."

"My senjutsu sees a strong aura around your body. You should be a High Class Devil from my calculations. And also can you stop hiding your true appearance, nya~?"

"Why should I? I might agree if Ophis says it but sorry I don't take orders from terrorists like you."

His offhanded remark provoked a growl from Kuroka. She even took an offensive attack and a dense magic power was released from her body. However, it lasted only for a moment before it was shaved in half.

"Divide!"

Hiro spotted Vali with his hand touching her back. The wings on his back shining brightly. Kuroka turned back and lifted Vali by the scrunch of his neck.

"Brat, I like you a bit. It doesn't mean you can meddle in my affairs, nya~"

"L-Let me down. I order you to let me down!" Vali yelled as he flapped the wings to break free from her grasp.

"Exteeeend! Nyoi-bo!"

Hiro's instincts triggered. He perceived a staff heading his way at a breakneck speed. He could easily evade it but decided not to. Cladding his hands in silver touki, he slapped away the staff trying to hit his chest.

After repelling the attack, he turned to Bikou smiling broadly. The attack wasn't filled with any intent to harm, it was more like a probe.

"Had enough? I won't be holding back next time."

"Ouuu~! You are strong. I love it, let's fight more next time!" he glanced at Kuroka glaring hatefully his way and smiled. "I feel like I might die if I continue."

Seeing this, Vali's battle spirit rose to another level. He managed to break free from Kuroka's grasp and appeared in front of Hiro.

He is underestimating me...

Hiro tilted his head, dodging the silver ball made of pure demonic aura. He let out a sigh and clasped both hands of Vali and lifted him high. He was more than 170cm while Vali was shorter than 150cm.

"Say kid, do you really don't have to act this? Attacking a stranger on their first meeting."

Vali gritted his teeth and glared at Hiro. He was stopping himself from using Balance breaker.

"I'm not a child! I'm fourteen years old!"

Hiro who was about to yawn, opened his droopy eyes. "You are fourteen?"

He swept his gaze over Bikou and Kuroka. The former nodded with a snicker while the latter glared at him but still nodded her head.

He narrowed his eyes at Vali. "If you want to fight, we'll do it later. I don't have any time now."

This group was an oddball, he might turn into an idiot if he stayed here for more than a day. Hiro shook his head and turned to Ophis.

"What is the purpose of this group? Why were those devils gathered in a place? And what is Ouroboros Dragon doing in the Underworld?"

At this moment, the blue wings on Vali's back emitted a faint light. While a lofty voice resounded directly in Hiro's head.

"I remember your aura from somewhere."

19