Chapter 54: Battle with Jonin
501 3 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With each step of the Root jonin on his head, Shino's heart beat slower and slower, his mind calmly focusing on planning the fight at hand.

Just when the man's foot pressed down harder on him once more, Shino's hand reached out.

Almost instinctively, his nano-sized bugs crept up his arm, coating his palm with a deadly violet hue. The tiny insects were one of his deadly weapon, a force to be reckoned with in battle, and it was one of the cards he was willing to reveal!

Before the unsuspecting, overconfident jonin could react, Shino's hand shot out towards the man's legs, ensnaring it in a tight grip!

The jonin stopped in his tracks, looking down at Shino with a sneer. "What are you going to do, Aburame boy? Use them to tickle me to death?" A grin spread across his face, but in an instant, the grin turned to a grimace, and his body tensed up, writhing in agony, "You!"

Puff! With a sudden puff of smoke, the enemy jonin disappeared into thin air. It was a shadow clone!

"As expected, it wasn't going to be so easy." With a composed demeanor, Shino rose to his feet, dusting himself off, his eyes scanning the area as he prepared for his next move.

Shino's searching gaze eventually fixed on the figure emerging from the shadows of the forest, the same jonin who had been his opponent mere moments ago. "Well, well, this was really unexpected. Rinkaichu, I have some unhappy memories regarding it. It's a pity you couldn't join us. Perhaps, Danzo-sama would be very happy. Unfortunately, I would be very-"

With a flicker, the jonin vanished into thin air, leaving behind only a trace of dust and a lingering sense of unease in Shino's mind.

Shino's eyes narrowed, searching the area, trying to locate the jonin.

Suddenly, his bugs warned him of the incoming danger, but before he reacted, he felt a heavy kick on his back.

"Unhappy." The sinister whisper came from behind, and in a split second, Shino was sent smashing into the ground! Bam!

The jonin was now standing on top of Shino, pressing him into the dirt once again.

Shino didn't respond, instead, he launched his attack.

His body tensed as he unleashed a swarm of bugs that crawled out from seemingly every pore in his skin, rapidly making their way towards the enemy!

Yet, just as the deadly insects were about to strike, the jonin flickered away, leaving Shino's attack to fall short.

As the waves of bugs retreated into Shino's body, his body abnormally lifted itself into a standing posture, his eyes locked onto the approaching jonin who wielded a kunai, showcasing his dexterity by twirling it around.

Whoosh! The gap was closed in an instant-

Swish! With a swing, the enemy's kunai sliced through his body, severing the lives of the many tiny bugs and leaving behind a trail of destruction, but... the jonin was not happy.

"Tsk- insect replica again." With lightning-fast movements, the jonin retreated while rapidly forming hand seals. "Katon: Fireball Jutsu!"

The jonin's face puffed up before gaping open to unleash a devastating fireball!

But to Shino's surprise, the attack wasn't aimed directly at him. Instead, it was directed at the seemingly empty space next to him!

Suddenly, the air shifted, revealing Shino who had been camouflaged behind a swarm of bugs!

With quick reflexes, he dodged the scorching flames, his body barely escaping the inferno's reach. The fireball whisked past him, its heat blurring the air.

Just when Shino thought it was over-

Bam! Another strong impact sent him tumbling across the ground!

The force of the blow expelled a swarm of bugs from his body, and he crashed into a nearby tree with a deafening sound - Bam!

"You're not as clever as you think you are, Aburame kid," the jonin spat, his foot came crushing down upon Shino's chest once more. "Weak bugs like you can't defeat me."

Shino's eyes darted behind his glasses, searching for any weakness in his opponent's stance.

His mind worked quickly, sifting through various attack strategies. And yet, his hands moved without conscious thought, reaching towards the jonin's leg with a fierce determination.

"I won't fall for the same trick twice." In a puff of smoke, the jonin disappeared, leaving a block of wood.

A burst of fighting intent overcame Shino as he struggled to his feet once more, locating the jonin who appeared on a tree, condescendingly looking down on him.

With a swift kick to the ground, he launched himself towards the jonin, his body seemingly soaring through the air with incredible speed and precisely homing in on the man like a missile!

"What the-" The jonin barely had time to react to Shino's strange flight tactic before Shino closed the distance between them!

Shino's eyes gleamed with a fierce intensity, unleashing a series of punches and kicks in mid-air!

The jonin was caught off guard by Shino's sudden outburst, and he lost his footing, giving Shino the opportunity he needed!

Attack! Attack! Attack!

Unfortunately, despite falling through the air, the jonin still adeptly fended off his assault!

Like most jonin, he was experienced with taijutsu, and it was difficult for Shino to break through his defense!

Yet, Shino relentlessly pressed on, even when they landed back onto the ground.

Gaining a stable footing, the jonin relaxed, dodging left and right, his kunai tentatively dealing blows to critical parts of a normal ninja's body, trying to find a weakness in Shino's body...

But just when the jonin thought everything was in control, Shino's tactic abruptly changed!

His hand darted out with reckless speed, surrendering all defenses to perform a reckless assault! But this alone wasn't enough-

Suddenly, a moment of chaos erupted as the ground beneath the jonin gave way, causing him to lose his footing!

At an unknown time, a layer of bugs had been camouflaged over a pothole in the ground, patiently lying in wait until the opportune moment!

Now it had caused the jonin to slip-up, and Shino seized the chance without hesitation.

Before the jonin could regain his footing, Shino's attack was already upon him, and this time, it wasn't a weapon or bare fists, but hands tainted in an eerie purple sheen! Rinkaichu!

Facing the deadly nano-sized bugs, the destabilized jonin could only raise his hand, hoping to deflect the incoming assault!

The jonin managed to knock away one of Shino's hands, but he wasn't quick enough to deflect the second.

Shino's palm grazed the jonin's arm with a subtle touch, but this was all it took for a swarm of nano-sized insects to spread like wildfire!

With an ugly face, the jonin grunted in pain, "Tsk- Not bad kid." 

Then, he disappeared with a puff of smoke. Shadow clone again!

"But play time is over!" A scorching wave of heat blazed forth from behind Shino!

In a split second, Shino's eyes narrowed and he sprang into action, dispersing his swarm of bugs with lightning-fast speed, trying to save as much as possible!

Boom! A deafening explosion shook the ground, followed by a raging inferno that swept through the area, incinerating a large swarm of bugs that escaped too slowly.

As the flames were soothed by the wind, the fire eventually died down, leaving behind nothing but smoldering cinders on the forest grounds.

The jonin suddenly appeared above the charred ground. His sharp eyes scanned the area, searching for any sign of movement amidst the cinders. "Dead?"

Shortly after, he activated his chakra senses, but his face instantly became ugly, "No! Below-"

A sudden rumble disturbed the dirt as a horde of bugs emerged from beneath the ground. In a matter of seconds, they swarmed around the jonin, coiling tightly around his legs like living ropes.

The jonin escaped with a flicker, but the bugs on him continued to climb up his legs, swarmed over his face, biting and stinging him relentlessly. He screamed in pain, clawing at his face in a desperate attempt to get the bugs off.

A swarm of bugs gathered and morphed into a miniature version of Shino, its eerie likeness uncanny. Shino looked on as the jonin stumbled backwards, his face twisted in agony.

"You underestimated me," Shino said, his voice squeaky and cute. "You should have-"

"Tch- You got lucky!" The jonin growled, looking at the small Shino, his eyes filled with anger and humiliation, "But you won't be so lucky next time."

Puff! He disappeared in another puff of smoke, leaving Shino standing alone in the forest. It was a shadow clone again!

Shino furrowed his brows. He was just a genin, at least on paper. Was there really any need for a jonin to be so cautious when dealing with him?

But did that jonin really think he could slip away from his grasp this time? A sly smile crept onto Shino's face.

 

37