Chapter 63: Meeting Tsunade
439 2 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The woman before them is a study in contrasts - slender yet curvaceous, youthful yet wise. Her above-average height only serves to accentuate the grace with which she moves, each step imbued with a subtle power that hints at the strength she possesses.

Her fair skin is set off by piercing brown eyes that seem to hold the weight of the world within them, and straight blonde hair that parts above her forehead, framing her face like a halo.

And yet, it is the violet diamond on her forehead that captures his attention, a symbol of the immense power that lies within her.

As Shino lowered his line of sight, it becomes clear that this is... definitely no ordinary woman.

A grass green haori hung over her body, and beneath it all, a grey, kimono-style blouse, held closed by a broad, dark bluish-grey obi that matches her pants.

It is a look that is both traditional and modern, speaking to the complexity of the woman who wears it.

And as his gaze lingers on her, it becomes impossible not to notice the sizable cleavage on display, a reminder that beneath the strength and power lies a woman who is unafraid to embrace her femininity.

This, then, is Senju Tsunade - one of the legendary Sannin, a woman who commands respect and demands attention, the granddaughter of the First Hokage, the soon-to-be Fifth Hokage!

Shino only had one comment regarding her majesty: Big. Very big!

"Hey! If it isn't Naruto!"

"Ah? Shikamaru? Shino as well?" Naruto's voice reverberated through the air, like a skillfully cast fishing line, deftly hooking Shino's attention and drawing him out from the depths of his momentary lapse in propriety.

In that precise moment, Shino's perceptive gaze swept across the entourage that trailed behind the captivating figure of the formidable blonde beauty.

Following behind her was a woman of unassuming appearance, moving with a noble poise that bespeak of years of training. With her striking black eyes and jet-short black hair cascading down her shoulders in straight, silky waves, she exudes an air of cool confidence.

Wrapped around her slender frame and average height was a long, flowing kimono of bluish-black with delicate white trimmings, held together by a pristine white obi.

This was the talented medical-nin under the tutelage of Tsunade, the soon-to-be Hokage's most trusted assistant, Shizune.

Under Shino's observation, it was hard not to notice the small creature nestled in her arms. At first glance, it appears to be an ordinary pig, its light pink hue unremarkable.

But this is no ordinary pig, for it is always adorned with a pearl collar and a dark red jacket, as if it were a prized possession of royalty.

Alas, its true status was far from being esteemed.

This was TonTon, the humble mascot ninja pet of Tsunade, and the legendary sannin's favorite tool for escaping debt repayments...

"Excuse us, Lady Tsunade," With proper etiquette, Shibi paid homage to the esteemed figure before him.

"It's been a while, Lady Tsunade," Shikamaru's father, stepped forward, his deep voice carrying a tinge of nostalgia. Another bow, performed with precision and respect, marked the start of their next conversation.

While the adults exchanged formalities, the two curious children gossiped about Tsunade.

Meanwhile, Shino positioned himself on the periphery and acted as a silent observer, his presence seemingly forgotten amidst the earnest conversations...

It wasn't long before Tsunade nonchalantly turned away from the group, revealing the back of the grass-green haori she wears, emblazoned with the kanji for 'gamble', speaks to a daring spirit that knows no bounds.

Raising her hand up into the air, her fingernails drew their attention with their purple coat.

"Well! I'll see you again sometime." She bid them farewell with a casual wave, and she left them with a back that became a canvas for the future.

"Yush! To the hospital!" Naruto chased after Tsunade, "See you later, Shikamaru! Next time, I'll show you an awesome technique I learned!"

Shino subtly adjusted his glasses, observing Naruto's figure gradually receded into the distance. Er. Did Naruto forgot about him... again?

And it seemed... Naruto wasn't the only forgetful ones.

Shikaku stepped forward, extending his arm to envelop Shikamaru's shoulder in a firm embrace, unfolding a secret discourse, laced with veiled wisdom and hidden truths… about women.

Shikamaru reluctantly played his part, his countenance reflected a mix of resignation. Everything in this world was troublesome in his mind, and women were no exception.

Their harmonious playful banter echoed through the air, seemingly oblivious to the presence of the Aburame clan duo, who were quietly observing from the side...

Seeing the Nara duo's skit that seemed to have no end, Shibi adjusted his glasses, concealing his eyes behind the polished lenses before offering a cryptic reminded, "Shikaku. The advisors are still waiting."

Shikaku's speech paused, looking over with Shikamaru, a bit of surprise in both of their eyes. "Oh! Shibi – you were – Oh no! Let's hurry up and finish our business here. Hahaha… Hurry up, Shikamaru!"

"..."

The four of them nodded and continued on their way, the farce shelved to the back of their minds.

While they walked, Shino arched this brows, observing the Nara duo in front of them. Did these two really forget about them?

However, when faced with the labyrinth of their brilliant minds, it's difficult to discern whether their actions were deliberate or merely coincidental.

When they arrived at the advisors' office, they were met with stern expressions.

Homura Mitokado and Koharu Utatane were two of the oldest advisors in the village, and they were known for their strict adherence to tradition… and authority that they didn't want to let go.

"Shibi and Shino Aburame, Shikaku and Shikamaru Nara," Homura said, his voice cold. "Thank you for coming."

"Ah, it's our honor to be here in your esteemed presences!" In a sudden metamorphosis of countenance, Shikaku's visage shifted into an aura of reverence, his features veiled in an air of deference. "May I ask, why did the two wise advisors seek us out?" 

But beneath the surface, is it true deference or is he just a master actor?

According to the anime, Shino already had his answers.

Koharu spoke up. "First, I would like to congratulate you two. Your sons have been recommended by the Third Hokage and many Feudal Lords of other lands who observed the Chunin Exam. If there are no issues, their roles of chunin will be handed down once Tsunade takes office. Shibi, Shikaku, do you have any words of disagreement?"

Shibi shook his head, throwing a fleeting, almost imperceptible glance towards his son, Shino, whose countenance remained stoic.

On the other hand...

"No problem at all! It's an honor for Shikamaru to be recognized! Shikamaru is ready to serve the village with the full extent of his abilities, aren't I right, Shikamaru?" Shikamaru gave Shikamaru's shoulder a pat, urging him to say something.

A lone droplet of perspiration traced a treacherous path down Shikamaru's forehead, his dull eyes clearly betraying the fact that he found the situation troublesome.

Understanding his son's personality, in the end, Shikaku still stepped forward. . Hey, his son doesn't want to, but he still had to do his part as a father.

Otherwise, should his wife discover that their son squandered a golden opportunity due to his lamentable lack of effort, oh, the symphony of incessant nagging that shall ensue!

So, the roomful of ninjas listened to Shikaku's eloquent performance, words effortlessly flowing out like a true politician...

"Mm.. that's enough," Homura's interruption came like an unexpected gust of wind, carrying with it a faint sheen of perspiration that betrayed his inner turmoil. Honestly, the man's words had blown them into a sky high position, so much so that they almost couldn't even recognize themselves!

Although it was pleasing to the ear, they had more pressing matters, "Shikaku, you may go with Shikamaru. Aburame, stay. There is still something we must discuss."

Shikaku and Shikamaru fixed their gaze upon the mysterious Aburame duo before exchanging a glance between each other.

An unspoken understanding instantly passed between the father and son: the next troublesome thing had nothing to do with them!

"Oh! Shibi, we'll go first. Otherwise my wife will chew us out if we're late…" With a graceful inclination of his head, Shikaku paid homage to the two astute advisors and turned to leave. "Let's go, Shikamaru!"

"See you, Shino." With his fingertips languidly tucked into the depths of his pocket, a gesture both casual and yet laden with hidden meaning, Shikamaru fell in step behind his father, the rhythmic cadence of their footsteps resonating with a strange harmony.

Soon, the office fell into an eerie silence.

Four individuals remained, two donning stoic expressions while the other two wore grim countenances, their eyes locked onto Shino with an intensity that spoke volumes.

It was evident that the forthcoming discussion held no promise of good news.

31