Chapter 80: Secret Identity Debuts!
430 3 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the labyrinthine depths of a dimly lit alleyway, darkness strangely clings to every corner, shrouding the impending clash in an air of suspense.

The enraged man, his face contorted with malice, charges into the confined space, only to see...

No one. His prey was gone.

"Come out, coward! Face me like a man!" The angry provocation ping-ponged through the narrow alley. 

Unbeknownst to the prey below, a figure dangles silently from above, hanging upside down like a nocturnal predator, completely obscured by the shadows.

Yet, the faint glow of his white eyes pierced the darkness like twin beacons of death, watching his opponent pacing and taunting below like a third-rate villain.

A mischievous chuckle leaked from the figure's mouth, and the figure slid down, gradually descending along his web.

Soon, he was hanging upside down... right behind his victim.

"Well, well, well, look who's eager for a showdown," the hunter confidently quips.

The sudden voice caressed the back of the prey's neck like a chilling breeze, startling him so bad that he stiffened like a statue.

Moments later, the man reacted, his body twisted around, his lethal blade cutting through the stillness of the air, ruthlessly aiming for a kill!

Yet, his blade sliced through nothing but empty space! 

The figure was no longer dangling behind him, but had bungee back up into the air, seemingly defying gravity itself!

With remarkable agility, the figure executed a gravity-defying backflip, somersaulting away from the man!

Landing in an elegant crouching posture, with one knee bent firmly while the other leg extended straight in a sublime display of balance, the figure's fingers delicately touched the ground, connecting to the earth as if drawing energy from its very core.

In this fleeting moment, time seemed to suspend as the figure hidden in the shadow was finally fully revealed before the scar-faced's eyes.

This figure donned a full body suit – a uniform with an abyssal black and dark grey web design, the bold blue accents weaving throughout the suit in a mesmerizing web-like pattern.

 A sleek black mask molds to the contours of his face, leaving only a pair of distinct, expressive white lenses in place of his eyes.

Finally, completing the ensemble was the unmistakable spider emblem emblazoned proudly on his chest, a striking symbol of his arachnid-inspired abilities.

This outfit was a visual embodiment of his iconic identity, he was… Spider-Man?!

Oh, but this Spider-Man only a symbiotic relationship with the original because of copyright issues… Ahem, this version will definitely be unique!

The enraged man cast a glance at the delicate webs, gracefully swaying to the whims of the breeze before setting his eyes back onto the man in a strange get-up and sneered, "What's this? A stinking ninja brat playing dress-up and weaving? Countless ninjas have fallen under my hands, and you won't be an exception for crossing me! You won't be jumping away from me this time!"

Scar-faced rushed forward and kicked off the battle, smashing his blade down at the posing actor, "Die twerp!"

The blade expanded in the crouching actor's eyes- and it seemed he was too shocked to react!

Yet, right at the last moment, he nimbly shifted to the side, evading the deadly swipe of the blade by mere inches or less!

Bam! Smashing into the ground, the blade left cracks in Spider-Man's previous location!

The first strike has missed, but the second strike followed right after!

Yet, the blade was just too slow to catch Spider-Man's nimble form!

Whoosh! The brutish aggression was sidestepped once again with ease!

Seeing both strikes missed, Scar-faced didn't give up, and his third strike fluidly quickly slashed forward! Followed by a fourth, a fifth- This was his infamous chain strikes that left his enemy no room to fight back!

Yet, his enemy avoided the blade every time like a slippery roach, causing the man to even doubt his own skills!

Not only that, the spider boy even peppered the encounter with a signature of provocative jibe. "Hey, buddy, did you practice those fancy knife moves in front of the mirror? I hope you didn't cut yourself because you're blinder than little goblin jr."

"Shut up twerp and quit dodging my moves!" Scarred-face's voice reverberated with an ominous growl, unleashing his symphony of menace with lightning precision, his blades cutting through the air, faster and faster!

His dual chain sword style will only get faster and faster, until the enemy can no longer dodge! This brat's doom was... inevitable!

Alas, his opponent wasn't going to keep dodging like a silly idiot. The alleyway was now a stage for acrobatic and arachnid prowess!

Webs shot out from the depths of Spider-Man's wrists, each like ephemeral strands of fate, finding their way toward the man!

Scar-faced sneered, about to cut through the webs with a swing! But-

Shockingly, the tenacity of the webs defied his wildest expectations! His blades couldn't cut through them!

Instead, the sticky web completely interrupted his series of chaining cuts!

Taking advantage of the respite, Spider-Man beguilingly zipped away from the vicinity of Scar-faced attack range, somersaulting through the air and sticking sideways to the wall.

Targeting module activated.

Then, Spider-Man began ping-ponging across the narrow alley walls, shooting bolts of webs at the towering target below like a machine gun. Pew! Pew! Pew!

Scar-faced was forced to deal with the onslaught of webs, seemingly firing at him from every angle!

Dodging some shots, the man was forced to block the rest with his blade!

To his horror, the webs that stuck to his blade showed signs of hardening, causing his blades to get bulkier and bulkier in his hands!

It didn't take long before the man was forced to discard his blade, watching it get fished away, soon plastered to a wall by a bolt of web.

As if touched by alchemy's enchanting hand, the web swiftly underwent a strange metamorphosis, solidifying into a resplendent violet hue, preventing him from reclaiming it!

"Why you little-" In a thrilling display of desperate resourcefulness, Scar-faced hurled his blade forward as a sacrificial shield, an act of self-preservation that momentarily defied the entwining fate of the encroaching webs, allowing him to evade their clutches.

Clang! The remaining blade clattered to the ground, its metallic echo punctuating the rhythm of the battle as it was sealed in place by another bolt of web.

As the villain regains his footing, seething with anger, Spider-Man nimbly landed back on the ground, thrusting his hips repetitively at his opponent while quipping confidently. "You know, it's always a double-edged sword when you bring knives to a web-slinging party."

"Damn, brat! Don't get cocky!" From his pocket, Scar-faced pulled out a glinting metal trench knife, his chakra surging forth towards his hand. "I didn't want to use this, but you forced me! I'll show you why you shouldn't mess with me!"

When chakra was infused into the trench knife, under Spider-Man's enhanced chakra detector, a resplendent chakra knife, materialized and extended from the metallic blade of the trench knife!

Concealed beneath the mask, Spider-Man's eyes shrunk with surprise. Matching the weapon with those in the database of knowledge, he recognized it to be a chakra blade!

Aiming his web-slinger at his opponent, Spider-Man fired a couple of webs as a tentative test-

But with a swipe of his chakra blade, the incoming webs bolts were diced and shredded, losing their once formidable momentum!

"Heh! Let's see what you can do after your stinky webs become useless!" A primal growl escaped Scar-faced's lips, carrying with it an air of untamed fury.

Then, the man confidently lunged towards Spider-Man with an uncanny swiftness that defied the limitations of his previous double-bladed assault!

The man actually kept his hand before!

Caught off guard, Spider-Man's instincts kicked into high gear, alerting him to the impending threat. With lightning reflexes, his fingers flexed, and from his wrists, a cascade of silky strands shot forth, entwining the alley walls like ethereal threads.

With a flick of his wrist, he activated the tensile strength of the web-

Like a coiled spring released, he launched himself upward into the air with exhilarating velocity, his shadow scuttling up the walls like a spider, soon merging into the darkness above!

"Ha! It's too late to escape now!" Scar-faced ran up the wall after his prey, his eyes squinting to find his target in the darkness, only to widen with a mixture of disbelief and sheer horror.

21