IV
49 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Xandro..." I whispered into the void as I stared at the sky, leaning against the window of my room, still untouched by sleep. Damn that pervert ghost. I miss him already.

"But it's not even been a day yet." I frowned. I just sighed and was about to close my window when I heard something outside. My eyes widened as I looked down; my room was on the second floor.

I quickly closed and locked the window, covering it with my curtain and turned off the light. I'm so stupid. Why did I forget that?!

I hurried downstairs to the living room where I saw the lights were on. All windows and doors were closed and locked; I also saw Kuya Hiro and Nick sleeping on the floor using mats, while Kuya Zamir and Ate Akira were in the bed beside where Kuya Hiro was lying.

I went to Ate Akira's side, and she woke up, looking puzzled as she glanced at me. "Oh, why? Why are you still awake?" She whispered slightly. I covered myself with their blanket because it was quite big. "Ate, there are aswangs outside." I whispered trembling.

"Oh my God." She whispered and hugged me tightly. In a few moments, we heard the loud barking of dogs and some scratching noises coming from the roof of the house and even from the wall.

I was struck with fear because of that, and Ate was also shivering, so I woke up Kuya Zamir.

"Kuya." I called him, and he immediately woke up, just like Ate Akira, he was surprised when he looked at me. "Amaya, what are you doing here?" He rubbed his eyes.

"Kuya, there are aswangs." I whispered and hugged Ate Akira tighter, she just tightened her embrace around me.

I heard Kuya cursing and he instructed us not to make noise. He went down from the bed and went to wake up Kuya Hiro and Nick who were sleeping on the floor.

"Hey, wake up." He said, waking up the two and they jolted awake when they looked at him. "Why, Kuya?" Kuya Nick asked.

"Stay alert, prepare your bolos in case something happens." He said to them. Kuya Nick cursed in surprise. "They're already sniffing around on the first day. Damn it! I'm going to cut their heads off."

I just listened to their conversation with my eyes closed tightly, and Ate Akira did the same. I don't think we'll be able to sleep tonight.

"They're after Ate Akira, Kuya." Kuya Hiro said.

"I know that. Nick, wake up dad. No one will sleep tonight."

1