Chapter 170
242 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 170

Within the Desinian territory, branches of the Thorn Chamber of Commerce in various cities suddenly posted a medical notice.

——The wound types and conditions that can be surgically sutured were listed above. Patients can voluntarily sign up to participate at the registration points in various cities.

Moreover, it also explains in detail the precautions before surgery, signing of the surgery consent form, patient subsidies, etc.

More importantly, if the patient cannot move due to the wound, he can fill in the details at the registration point and wait for the doctor to come to his home for surgical treatment.

The knights in the city will immediately send the news to Wissas.

The information about the suturing surgery was described in detail and comprehensively, with various descriptions covering three pages.

Not only that.

The guys from the Thorn Chamber of Commerce also posted the medical notice information at the city gate, on the roadside billboards, and on the most widely sold newspapers.

Soon, news of the suturing operation spread throughout the Desinian territory.

Because of the current manpower limitations of doctors, except for the two cities of Wissas and Fort Comoy, there were also places closest to these two cities.

It was slightly more difficult to get treatment in other places.

As the information written on the medical notice indicates, if the patient cannot move easily, he or she can wait in the city for the doctor to come in person to perform surgery to suture the wound.

But if it is a city far away from Wissas and Fort Comoy, and the patient's injury cannot be delayed, how can it be possible to wait until the doctor comes.

Afraid that the wound will worsen before their wait.

Therefore, even if some far away cities posted this medical notice, most people did not take it seriously.

——If there was a wound, it is better to go to the Thorn Merchant Guild to buy medicine and apply it, or boil the potion and drink it.

What's more, how to suture the wound? !

The wound is not made of cloth. If you try to sew it with a needle, won’t it hurt to death? !

They don’t know what catgut is or what kind of absorbable thread it is. They have never heard of it or seen it...

As for unknown things, most people dare not try them.

They will wait for the first person to start, and then tell them the results of the "experience" before they consider whether to try it.

Of course, these people refer to patients who need wound suture surgery.

Ordinary people were just watching the excitement.

Although the news that suture surgery can be performed on relevant patients has spread throughout the Desinian territory, as the news spreads widely, it is accompanied by countless doubts, confusion, and even abuse.

Because some people think that suturing a wound with thread is completely harmful to human life. If someone dies during the treatment, who should be blamed for it? !

It has to be said that the people in the Desinia territory have begun to change their initial thoughts.

In the past, even if doctors used hammers, pokers, leeches, etc. to treat illnesses and kill people, no one would say anything.

They will feel that this is their fate.

But now, the medical conditions in the Desinian territory have been improving, and all doctors will study in medical schools in Wissas or Fort Comoy.

There used to be only one medical school, but now it has even opened in other cities.

The medical skills of these doctors improved.

Although it does not matter how smart all doctors are in their medical skills, they at least understand that most of the treatments used before were wrong and should be banned.

What they learned more in medical school was how to diagnose and treat patients, use correct medicine, or wrap wounds, etc...

People in the Desinian territory also began to understand correct medical knowledge.

Everything had its good and bad sides.

Just like what happened this time, once the unconfirmed suture surgery news comes out, some people will believe it, but others will doubt whether this treatment method is effective.

Although someone later mentioned that this treatment method was first proposed by the Lord, although the voice of distrust has decreased a lot, there were still many people discussing its feasibility.

As this discussion spreads, very few people actively participate in surgical suturing.

Most of these are people from Wissas and Fort Comoy, and in cities far away, there are almost no people who go to the registration points to register.

…………

John is an ordinary hunter living in the city of Bartley.

He relied on hunting in the mountains and forests, and used the prey to exchange for money to support his family. The skin and meat of the prey could be sold, and the complete prey could be sold at a high price.

John would not even keep the meat of his prey at home to eat, because it would save less money from selling it, and the money could buy more food to feed his family for a long time.

Although the two sons and daughters in the family all wanted to eat fresh meat... but for the sake of living, John was still cruel and refused to agree to their request.

After that, he still felt sorry for the children, so he just used the money from selling the prey to buy some meat and fish.

John was the backbone of the family.

But this time he encountered danger while going up the mountain.

Not even the most experienced hunter could guarantee that there will be no surprises every time they hunt.

John's luck may have run out.

The trap he set was flawed.

But he didn't check it out before leaving.

After a wild boar was caught in the trap, John stepped forward to kill the wild boar before tying it up and taking it away. Unexpectedly, the moment he approached, the wild boar broke free from the rope in the trap and rushed towards John.

John ran away in panic and accidentally rolled down the hillside, and his thigh was pierced by a sharp branch during the fall...

Fortunately, he was soon discovered by a passing hunter, who immediately took him down the mountain to find a doctor in the city for diagnosis and treatment - stopping bleeding, disinfecting, applying medicine and then bandaging, etc.

John's leg injury was so severe that he could not move. As long as he moved, the wound would open and bleed.

After finally stopping the bleeding, he had to reapply medicine and bandage…

John's family was not wealthy, and the price of seeing a doctor and taking medicine was not cheap, so with no source of income for the time being, John could only lie on the bed in his room.

His family thought that John's leg would gradually improve after seeing a doctor.

But this was not the case.

John's condition became more serious. Instead of healing, the wound on his leg began to turn redden and fester... From the time John was carried back from the forest to the time he was bandaged and returned home, only half a day passed and it turned more serious.

The doctor could do nothing.

Because according to the previous treatment methods, if such a wound appeared, John's entire leg would be cut off.

But how could his family agree to cut off John's legs? Without the legs, John could no longer be a hunter. How would their family live in the future? !

In the end, the doctor had no choice but to say casually: You might as well go to the registration point to sign up for suturing surgery, maybe you can save him.

The city of Bartley once belonged to Gaynor.

After the Kingdom of Gaynor was destroyed, Bartley City naturally became the territory of Desinia.

Therefore, under the circumstances of the original territory expansion, Bartley City was considered far away from Wissas.

When the Thorn Chamber of Commerce posted the news, the people in Bartley City did not take it seriously.

However, doctors were now helpless and drug treatment was not effective. John's family members could only go to the registration point to explain John's condition.

The person who recorded the incident immediately notified the knights patrolling the city of Bartley.

Not long after, a knight set off quickly.

John's family continued to give John medicine and apply medicine while waiting for hope to come to their door. What they didn't expect was that an official from Bartley City actually sent two doctors to treat John without any charge.

Later, the doctor said: "We will stabilize the patient's injury until the doctor comes to perform suture surgery. If the patient's injury improves during this period, you can also choose whether to undergo surgery to suture the wound."

John's family was absolutely amazed.

Most importantly, the doctor arrived in Bartley City much earlier than they thought.

It is said that the knights from Bartley City arrived at the nearest pigeon inn, and then the pigeons in the inn delivered the message, while the knights in the next city continued to send the message.

Before that, Xia Zuoyi had considered the issue of distance.

But fortunately, when he first established the medical team, Xia Zuoyi required the main researchers in the team, such as Chebman, Adai, Jacob, etc., to master the suturing techniques, and then assistants, recorders, etc. would learn from them and master it.

Therefore, before the news of this medical notice was posted, Chebman, Adai and others led teams to various cities.

Only two remained to treat the sick in Wissus and Fort Comoy.

In less than a day, Adai led his people to Bartley City.

By this time, John had woken up from a coma twice. Although the wound on his leg did not continue to be serious, there was still no sign of healing.

After seeing it, Adai said that suture surgery was needed.

After he had a detailed discussion with John's family and obtained their consent, he began to order people to prepare a suitable house, the required manpower, medicine, etc.

He also had surgical tools and medicine with him, but they were almost used along the way.

But anesthetics and disinfectants could be purchased at the Thorn Chamber of Commerce, which made it easier to handle. What needed to be prepared was a suitable operating bed, lighting, and a clean room...

After everything was ready, John was carried onto the operating table.

Adai first gave him local anesthesia, then removed the ulcerated flesh, cleaned the wound, and then performed suture surgery...

The wound on John's leg was deep, but fortunately it was not on the artery. Otherwise, he would have died without waiting for the doctor to come to treat him.

The operation time was neither short nor long.

When Adai came out, it was still dark, and they arrived at Bartley City in the afternoon.

"The suturing operation was successful. His suture will be removed in ten days. During this period, I will live in Bartley. If you have any questions, you can come to me at the mansion."

"Thank you doctor, I really appreciate it!" John's family members burst into tears of gratitude and almost knelt down in front of Adai, but Adai helped tgem up in time.

John's story soon spread throughout Bartley City.

The people in the city were waiting to see whether John's wound would heal after being sutured - it turns out that this treatment method really works!

John's leg wound healed surprisingly quickly, and he personally went to the mansion with gifts to thank Adai.

Many people saw his walking legs that day.

In an instant, the discussion and doubts about suturing surgery quickly died down.

Some people couldn't help but say: "Say, when has our lord made a wrong decision? Since he proposed the treatment method of suturing the wound, it means it must be feasible!"

The author has something to say: 

Xia Xia: From this moment on, surgery begins to be recognized, and hospitals can be expanded throughout the territory and apprentices can be recruited.

Pope: It’s better to deal with emotional issues first.

Xia Xia: Um... eh, right away.

5