Chapter 1: Azule, sliver man
73 4 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What makes me the best, i'm chief, im over 6 foot, i'm stronger than all in the Albdu forest. I'm also the strongest chief. So i'm the the best. My name is Azule the Breaker, son of Cloze the Careful, from the Scale Rider Tribe. We are closer to the mountains to the far east  of Albdu forest. I just turned 18 today i've been tribe leader for 3 years now. 

These years have been uneventful, more like really boring i'm tired of hunting the same prey. They run from me now, all of them even the wyrims, being 8 meters long i thought they would give me a challenge. So i hunted a nest of Wyrim’s and they had a few dozen. I won, it was strenuous but i overcame them. I came back with one Wyrim body and then i told then no more hunts for a month. Go get my kills from the nest i just raided. The people cheered my brother was the only one that didn't.

Now my brother's name is Dalsk Boulder Througher. Being older than me and a little bigger he was supposed to be chief. But During his Trial he had looked at me and challenged me. Now as a warrior it was my place to duel him no matter what even if i didn’t want to be chief. I didn't care at first, but he taunted me and as a warrior I can't take that. so we dueled with stone swords then spears then bare handed. 

Now if he had asked me to yield i would have but he was persistent, then next thing I know it, he was the one on the ground beeted nearly to death. My mother yelled my name Azule! It snapped me out of my battle focus. I demand someone to yield for him at the crowd. He was incapable of fighting and if anyone thought he fought honorably than a warrior would yield for him but by also taking half the lost, it has to be an elite warrior or him. Time was ticking then as i was going to though him off the cliff someone yielded. It was my father, he was a great man and lost his name. He was Cloze the Wrath Giver. Now it's Cloze the Careful. 

“Careful”I said in a slow growl right after I was getting ready to be appointed chief. The girl dressing me in my chief attire shivered and said in a meek voice that you would have to be really good at listening to her here “i..ii..ii.i'm….so sorry.”  she was young, maybe 12. Then i saw she had a pink string bracelet. A pink Bracelet on the wrist means waiting to be courted by a man. She was 15? An adult? Huh? “Hey:” i said in a threatening tone, not meant to but came out that way. 

She responded by bowing immediately and said “yes!.” while shivering still..”Calm yourself i just want to ask something. Are you 15 and haven't been engaged?” she froze and i got impatient and bent one knee and looked at her and said “answer” she looked up and saw that my face was close and shrieked and backed away. 

Then trembled and said “I'm 17 and I ...am not anyone’s bride to be anymore.” Anymore? So they must have died wait, multiple? “How many husbands have you been engaged 2? “ “Um, 7 but i haven't been, defiled yet so I'm still pure!” 

The elders must have deemed  it a curse or something and she's older than me by 2 years, in those years she’s had 7 men. She tells me the guys all die by a beast and even with a team they all die if the husband is there. Usually after a week it's proclaimed she says they die hunting. 

I smiled. It was a beast that can take out a dozen warriors. If it was a curse I could get a new challenge. Then I said “Would you do me the honor of marrying me… As chief I could get you wealth and prosperity for your family since I am chief? This is not a force only say yes if you could be fond of me, love me even. You are a very beautiful young lady your age hasn't made you true ( mean she is youthful to me).” 

Enough about the past just know that my brother Dalsk is very indifferent about me being chief. I went home and saw My older wife reading a book on a chair I made with the skulls of Wyrims. She is so beautiful. I am memorized by the sceen. She noticed and chuckled a little then said “Honey, if you stand there too long I'll start to worry.” 

She smiled lightly and then got up and bowed to me. Chief thing. It looked difficult with the bulging stomach but she is a strong woman. Been through this experience twice. Well the other 2 didn't quite catch but it will be fine. This third one will bite, I hope. 

I weep for my lost children and I'm sure she feels heartbroken. She see’s i haven't answered and says “whatever is the matter?” “My love blooms even brighter than when I first saw you, as you dressed me to be chief. Percy” she chuckles lightly again then gets up and grabs my hand to put on her stomach. I turn a deep red and shiver. Then I felt it. He kicked. “He's A wild one just like his father I bet, been kicking all day.” I must protect my village, home, and family. 

When the feast was over that day there was no need for hunting so all you could hear was the warriors in their homes, getting it in if you know what i mean. I walk to our outer walls and look at the patrols. They all bow once they saw me then went back to work. I decided to stand at the front gates with the gatekeepers. 

The gatekeepers are my friends, playmates since childhood, Theo and Deo twins. They both bow once then smile a little too bigley. Then I started “What are you boys up to?” they both kept bowing and got closer then theo said “I here lil Percy got a present a big one at that.” then Deo “Not just any present, Wyrims full golden bloom. Nudge nudge.” This is news to me “when?” “O like yesterday, you was just near their home Chief.” they both snickered got back to their poste. “Theo , Deo I'm going out for a while, just scurrying the perimeter, protect the entrance you two”.

I then proceeded to the gazer Spring. It was really hot in the middle and luke warm then kinda worm in the outer so i jumped in, in the nude and sat on one of the gazer pods now the water that sprays from these are like lava hot. It's a way to get me trained. My record is 4 minutes.

 As I sat there I thought of the child I'm about to gain my wife, my father and mother then my brother Dalsk. He must have given her the flower. I'm not jealous. It's a rule to not go after a married woman. But it concerns me so I keep thinking about him near her. I get out of the spring, “God my ass hurts.” didn't break my record even got lower, damn. 

I started to put my shorts on and my leather chestplate on then as I was punting on my boots I see a beast. Earth dragons are rare! They are far superior and bigger than Wyrims. He hasn't noticed me. One wing is droopy. Must be an injury made by a warrior. I hate to take someone's kill but. I'm going for it.

I grab my spear. The dragon then lays down. Perfect, then I'll circle around to the back. In the corner of my eye I hear yelling and stomping. I instantly hide myself. I hear at least a few dozen or less foots. The dragon notices too and growls in that direction. 

Then I see them, men in shiny silver armor. They are small men. Like my wife's size the dragon starts running away when  it notices more than it thought. I jump out and follow suit to him then jump on his back. If i did this to a Wyrim their bones would break. Then I cast heal on his wing. He looks confused then I hear the men running after us. 

I pet the dragon's side then whisper in the ancient language “We once enemies now, fight the same one. Fly!” It was the first thing my father taught me of the ancient Language. He felt huge pride in our history. We ride on the scales of dragons and fight a common enemy. This is a by blood right Scale rider. He flew up in the sky and made sure to go up high.  After I watched them for a minute, I was burning mad. They had positioned themselves at Star Sea. I set the dragon down near a Wyrims nest then he Roared to the nearby wyrims not to harm me. I then started to run back home. It's evening already and I forgot my shoes.

As I came up to the entrance I saw men from the Golden lion tribe. 8 of them. Waiting on me I suppose. I speak loudly so even the inside of the houses can hear “Golden lion Warrior What brings you, I hope it's peaceful?” The smallest one of them steps forward towards me and does a small bow (not his chief but a chief thing) “ Chief of Scale Rider, Son of Cloze the Careful, Azule the Breaker, I bring dire news from Chief Zane the Thinker, of Golden Lion. Privacy is recommended.” 

These guys always think they are better than us with their stupid traps and shit. But they are honorable and great allies. “Who am i Speaking with, warrior of Golden lion?” “It is Quazy, 2nd son to the chief sir.” “Fine Quazy from Golden lion we shall talk in a tent made just for these things. Theo, Deo find 4 Warriors to replace you pronto then come to the war tent with me.” ““yes chief!”” They ran off pretty fast, we then proceeded to that tent, surprisingly he came only with 2 with him inside the tent. Theo and deo are as strong as 5 men so it was a precaution. 

“So Quazy begin.” He then proceeded to take out a helmet. A silver metal one. It looks just like those smaller men from earlier. “Chief Azule, we have invaders in the Albdu Forest. They speak a strange language and waste food and steal women and men who hunt outside the village.” “What does Golden Lion want me to do?” “We wish for you to protect the forest, send your Warriors to these strange men and eradicate them. We will also do the same and so will Burning Horn Hopefully.” “you guys also went to Burning Horn’s Chief too? They are hostile to everyone even at one another sometimes.” I was getting info.”Is the Chief of Scale Rider nieve?” yes stupid of me to try to trick them into getting information but they have guts to say that to my face. All information to them is valuable.

“Scale rider clan shall protect their part of the land.” He looked surprised then the one on the left spoke (out of turn) “Please Chief Azule they already attacked our main village!” o this one is desperate he even said some info meaning their defences are weekend consiberly. Quazy looked at him and he backed away. I then smiled then say “Golden Lion, fear not i shall help you. There was a base of these intruders you speak of near Star Sea in my territory.” Deo, Theo both gasped. “It is something i would have took care of anyway. It looked about 200-250 warriors in the facility and about 300 all together from me scouting their perimeter. I didn't know they was savages now my aim just got better. Scale Rider clan shall help but you must as well.” “Great then how many well you send over?” 

“Wait not so fast Quazy. I wish to capture someone alive make a prison for my captives between are clans in my territory at the edge i'll send 20 and 5 elites at your clan gates by next 2 sunrize.” he cringes but then remembers these are the Scale riders elites and says “Golden lion clan shall make this prison but who shall defend it ?” “these two and their family, which contains 12 elites.” they both shake a little then theo says “Chief we think we should join the..” I interrupt him and signal for him to be silent. 

“I shall attack the fortress in my land in 5 days time, have your prison ready by the 7th day. Agreed?” “It Shall be done My father was already contemplating building  a prison for knowing your father. We thank you and shall send you 20 spell books as a reward for your clans help in advance.” he then bows a little lower than before and dismiss is two men to walk out then I dismiss him.

After they left I called My father the Head elite warrior, Eardercy head elite magic Warrior, and the 5 elites that will be leaving. My mother also decided to come as well. “First.” “””By your will Chief!”””” they all bow and then i say “sit.'' They sit on the chairs laid out and I stand. 

Eardercy is the first to say Something “Chief, so shall i get my Warriors ready?” She smiles a little then I say “Not all of them put them as watchers at the gates walls and replace the archers duty. We have enough food to last a month so no hunting shall be done, it's banned to leave the clan till forward notice. I only want 10 of your magic users in the army with me and no magic users are to be sent to golden lion, they have enough, Now elites.” they all straighten up and say ““Yes!”” 

I smile “You guys gather 3 each of your strongest warriors in close combat and one archer. Then go to Golden lion’s clan and protect them from harm if they are in need of meat,  hunt a little while you go there. They use traps and always wait for their food. They are probably scared to leave their base. Give them food and berries and if you see the enemy, silver shiny men, (I wait a second) do not engage” They all said “”By your will Chief!””

 I then turn towards Theo, Deo “ You guys get some rest before my team departs. I want Cloze to gather me 200 Warriors for me then I'll get them ready. Inform your family, twins, the news, your cousin just had a son right he will be in my care till this ordeal is over.” “Chief if i may, my family wishes to switch with the Warriors going with you.” Theo says this and Deo nodded as well. “Now is not the time to Massacre everyone. We shall have a feastival to see who earns a title as Elite later then have a battle of Elites to see if that cousin of yours son can play with the big kids.” “He's only 11 Chief, he'd be the youngest one yet even beating you.” they both chuckle a little then say “”By your will!”” 

“Now Father, what can you tell me about the men in shiny silver armor? Have they been here before and why hasn't the lower tribes told of their entry I guess they could have come from the sea but that's reckless with sea monsters and wyrims going for fish, it's their favorite food.” “Son chief, I don't know, but I know where we can get this knowledge. Let us go to the elder Chain, he would know.” I nodded in confirmation.

My father and I started walking to the elder’s tent. It was sundown by now and then I saw my brother at the front of his tent. “Dalsk.” Azule.” my father’s eye twitched then he stared at him menacing. He then said “oh my apologies “Chief…..Azule.” My father was about to say something then I said “ Pay it know mind brother. You should go rest with your wife now. I have important business to attend to, confidential business.” His smile faded a little then he said “By your will.”

My brother walks slowly away from the tent bows a little then walks away. My father looks at me and says “My apologies, you know how he is. It's improper but..” “Father, it is fine. I know he wanted to be chief and he is probably planning now to become it. I'll be careful, I have a wife and a child on the way so I am not going anywhere.” 

I walk in the tent first then say “Chief Azule coming in, esteemed elder Chain.” He is sitting in a meditation pose cross legged then puts his hand up pointing down indicating to sit down. Only this man here has the authority to sit me down. I do as told and say “A battle is about to commence in the south east of scale rider clan, the other clans have also…” “he interrupts me and says “I know son of dragon rider clan, Azule.”

 He looks at me even though he's blind i know he sees me perfectly. “Azule you also have inner turmoil in the clan. It is not uncommon for brothers to fight for the title of chief. Even your grandpa Koonx  killed his 2 brothers to ensure his position.” Why is he bringing up this now what about the silver men? “Elder, what of the silver men? Are they strong? Have I made the right decision to attack first? They disturb the forest and killed some of Golden Lion’s people. I seek guidance, has this happened before?” 

That last question, I lowered my head all the way to the ground. A chief doing this would have been ridiculed but since it's just my father and him to see me like this, it's fine. “Azule, Child, we are way stronger than the soldiers of Danderlo.” “Danderlo?” “it's the kingdom of the far far south of the smaller tribes. You haven't been past the forest borders so don't worry about it. They have come for a pacific reason.” I wait but he remains quiet. “Elder?” he twitches then says “My apologies even the other elders don't know for sure. But the rich earth might be the reason. Now leave come back after your battle with at least one soldier to see if they are evil with the god Mouldoa, the god that hates the adule forest!”

I leave and return to my home. My father leaves as well to see his wives. I see my wife writing something and I call out “How are you feeling Percy?” She doesn't respond and still looks down. weird , she didn't hear me “Percy! Oy! “ “huh!” she stumbles then looks up at me from the desk. “Honey! Oh, my, my Apologies husband. I was just in deep thought. I'm sorry.” “it is fine what are you thinking about so much it's got you not even feeling my presents anymore?” “Not like that love it's…..just… nevermind about that, I hear you're off to a battle not one of honor but of vengeance. The silver men corect?”  “Yes i'll be leaving soon but something is troubling you, yes? I wish to know.” 

Her smile fades and she looks down and says “I worry alot about us honey. What if this child doesn't come and insteads leaves as soon as it comes out to the mountain god? What if you leave me for another? The god of mercy has taken 2 already children and (she starts to cry silent tears) i… don't.. Know what i do without you!” she weeps in my chest(more like stomach, i'm big) 

I take a breather and say “Percy, My love, my other, the wind that guides me, i Shall never abandon you. The day the mountain god claims me is the day i’ve protected you from your last foe and you are safe but my armor wasnt hard enough to get back up again.” She falls asleep on me. I pick her up bridal style and put her on the bed. I do as well then think “Mood Swings?” Oh right mother, I slip back out and go towards my mother's home.

A few days later

“Warriors are you ready!” “”By Your Will!!!”” “Then march with me brothers and sisters exterminate anyone that is resisting! Haaa! Grab a Beast if you're trained and ride with me!” We are the scale rider tribe. Most of us know, no matter the rank, ride Earth and Fire salamanders or other beasts. 

They are strong and fast, being 2 to 3in and a half meters long. So a one seater but great ride. I can tell by looking behind me that around 75 percent ride on these reptiles that we hunt are behind me. But as the saying goes we have a common enemy so all water under the bridge. 

The ones who don't ride, fall behind which is alright they are going to hide themselfs and come strike when the battle is almost won or we are losing. We call them the backup warriors. Not much glory but it's a job. 

What really surprised me was there were 12 wyvern  riders. I rode a wyrim too but only the elites could, I thought, they must have trained and didn't take the challenge yet. Well whatever. I say out loud, “You 12 on Wyrims you are to take the elite trial and don't fight one another!” “””By your will!”””.

 As we were coming up to gazer spring  I spotted the dragon from earlier. He looks at me in charge with the wyvern then growls at my wyrim. It stops, then I jump off because of the momentum. The wyrim flies away and I notice the dragon grumbles then shows it's side to me. My warriors see that I have stopped and begin to slow down but after a second went back at full speed again. 

I jump on the dragon. It stands up fully showing that it is superior. I grab the spearhead and make my hand bleed a little then I shove it near his front claw. He understands s and rubs its paw on it a little. Then we both holler. Blood brothers. Partners. “Come when I call Brother, Drog is your name, let us ride and beat those who have passed us. He takes off and now I am in front of the army. Nice

So not completely original and not the best grammar.
  • Grammar is the worst I ever saw. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Grammar not that bad. Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Good??😀 Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Grammar is distracting Votes: 1 50.0%
Total voters: 2
0