A Kingdom’s Man
28 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Silver Man: General Donny Ezert prov

Weeks ago, “What has the soldiers of platoon 5 said in their report!” a soldier on one knee shakes from the general's voice. He says  “They discovered a dragon and engaged in combat and lost 5 men sir. Then it got away. Not only did they pursue it they found it and another Barbarian. He was really big and had to be 5 meters! General Sir!” “A Size of a human giant or ogre?” “yes not only did it jump on the dragons back it also flew with it.” “This is troubling, I must inform the 2nd Prince.” 

This campaign has been going so wrong. He rode a dragon. Dragons are a prideful species and are Very vicious. I would only fight a dragon with a hundred soldiers or more. Why did those idiots Attack it! The prince might have to send more people over. 

Making a mental note to send word to 2nd prince. After my face looked back at the soldier indicating too continued he said “also sir, platoons 3, and 4 was able to found a barbarian city. We withered down their defences and was able to find out they have the wind and earth magic mostly only 4th class spells were used. And we got some information from the other barbarians we got early from the new translator we hired.” “That low class noble girl?” “Yes, Lady Gwen Swhorts, 2nd daughter of the Swhorts family.” “Finally she came. When did she get here?” “About a couple of hours sir.” “What!! Didn't I tell you she was to immediately come to me!” 

I grab that useless soldier by his collar lifting him off the ground about a foot. “you also said for her in the letter to start translation as soon as she came, sir! My Apologies sir!. So our soldiers showed her to the savages.” “Are you talking back!” he shakes his head left and right, then I throw him down. Probably bruised his shoulder.

He says “No general Sir. Would you like me to fetch her now?” “No, dumbass, it's night, she may be a low class noble but a noble girl is still a noble girl. She can't be here that late. My reputation would plummet. She is to come in the morning. Dismissed. “

This is a headache. Damn my head. Out of all the raids we barely have enough prisoners to call this little conquest succeed. The prisoners have pride but no allegiance to anyone but to the people they live with. Why is that?! Who is the king of this land and if there's one, why is he letting his people get kidnapped! We even always let one person or two go to warn the highest authority. I can't wait to have the answers I need.

Mourning came and I got dresed aquartdently and gave out simple orders to get a prisoner ready to be interrogated. I went to my chair and waited for the “Mvp'' to show up. First came the prisoner with two guards. The prisoner was a male probably in his late 20’s tanned and about my height so a little taller than the average man. 

Then the Glorified translator came with her maid. I Spoke first “Lady Gwen Swhorts, an honor to make your acquaintance. My greatest Thanks you have come. My name is Donny Ezert, head of my family and supreme general of this expedition.” “flattery doesn't always get you everywhere, General. But now that i am here you can rejoice and be ready to get my compensation. I am to turn 15 soon so I would appreciate it if you make sure i don't get so much as a scratch on my face, or you can offer someone from your family to be my betrothal.”

 She sits on a chair then looks at the prisoner. She smiles at him and says something in his language, he smiles a little too but clearly still weary. “What did you tell him?” “Does it matter? Hurry and ask the questions you want.” “Fine, First who is his leader and where is he at?” “He says it was the Warrior you killed earlier, he addresses him as chief.” 

I facepalm them moan in dissatisfaction “Then is there a chief of chiefs or something like  that?” she speaks a lot this time and he speaks a lot too then looks at me and shows me his tattoo of a spiral horn, (like a war horn)on his right shoulder then says “Burning Horn.” he then smiles and then Gwen says “ That tattoo means he was once in one of the three biggest clans, Burning Horn, there are three big clans and each one has a specialty. Burning Horn has strength, vitality and is said to be immune to fire. I bet that's a lie. He also said that if we let him go he will tell us a bit of information that can save our lives. Well what do you want me to tell him. Yes or no?”

Any info could be good to have right now. “do you think he's telling the truth?” “…..he might be.?” “then tell him yes.” she looks at me then says “really?.” then she looks at him and smiles then talks with him for a few seconds then she freezes up.

 “General we are in a major clan’s territory called Scale Riders. They don't take kindly to trespassers and are most likely to attack us the moment they ready themselves which could take a few days. They might be physically weaker than burning horn but they are never alone. And as the name suggest they ride beast to battle.”

=======================

Battle Azule prov

    Should we go now or at sunrize we

 will be there in like an hour in sight but we could just keep going and attack at night. No thanks we will stop here. “All stop!!” everyone stopped with their beast. I also descended down from my dragon and couched then we all stood in hiding till the sun rize up. I then said “flyers, attack the towers with fireballs there are 7. I want at least 60 of you on the left and right. I and a few others have the front gate once a whole is made go through that one but make sure not to kill those without weapons. Now. Charge!” 

All that could be heard for a mile away was the stumps of beast and yells of beast and men. My blood is boiling, heart pounding like when i first made love to Percy. A fight in a long time against another human. As we approached I saw people on the sides with bows they yell out words to alert the others but it'll be too late. 

Their defense looks sturdy but we have beast who can break through easily. Literally seconds after they saw us a whole was formed on one side then the front, it was easy to destroy with Drog. I saw 3 towers down now. I went towards one still standing and Drog couldn't fit so I told him to fly around and help with the other towers. This one was smaller then the other towers then I noticed a silver man hunched over and writing something on a table. He had a weapon but it was small. Dagger probably.

 I then said “Silver man come and fight me!” My spear is at a disadvantage but that's fine in the close space. The man flinched then turned around and held his hands up then spoke ……. What is this tongue this man speaks. He clearly doesn't want to fight but come on. 

What kind of warrior doesn't want to fight. I grunted then kicked him in the gut. His armor protected him mostly but he still winced in pain and coughed up blood. I saw a staircase going down so I grabbed him by the back of his armor and descended down. I can't understand these people. 

“Anyone down here! A Scale rider has come!” I then see cages and….creatures and humans combine together. I mean like a human with the scales of a lizard or ears of a wolf. I've  never seen this before. I wonder if they speak this silver man's language or even mine. 

“Beast-humans! No, Half-humans! Do you have a will to fight your oppressors!” Then I look towards the left and see a fallen warrior, he has the mark of Golden Lion on his neck. “Golden lion.” He was also the only one to have a collar on his arm. He looked up and had the look of despair on his face, he then said softly. “My wife is gone. My magic has been taken away, I have nothing left”. 

He looks back down and then I look towards a small Half-human and she looks at me then says something and points at me. My body tenses. I instantly turn around and see the silver man I brought down near my chest with the dagger. I dodge right on time but it cuted me a little. It burns. Poison. 

I take out my spear and point it at him “Ha, so you do want to fight. Then come!” I get closer and swing at his hand. It hits right at his hand. What Terrible reflexes. I noticed he drops his weapon in agony. Must have broken his hand. Ha. Oh well. Stab in the heart. Not a satisfying kill. 

“Golden lion warrior we of Scale Rider have come to take our territory back from the silver men(i point at the fallen silver man). What do you mean your magic is gone?” “No, this is our sin. Only gods can take the magic from us. The silver man killed my family and will kill me two but after they broke me.” he looked at his hand and said a spell then his collar glowed red then smoke came out. He then holard and winced in pain. 

“Stop it golden lion! We will get this thing off and restore your honor!” he doesn't look at me and keeps muttering his magics and eventually the collar stops ringing then….. pop! His head was sent rolling. I breathed a sigh and said out loud to anyone who would listen. “Was this a test for him? He shall never walk the path of Warriors Glory now.'' I look at the one who warned me before the silver man struck me with poison.

The human beast girl. She had light blue hair and wolf ears and a tail down. I got next to the cage so close that I was a foot away from the bars, some who was close backed away but she didn't. She looked at me in a way that would not hesitate to speak. Strong, resolute, hunter eyes. A true warrior. 

She was about half my height but she still held my eye contact. “I like you.” Just came out without me noticing. She flinched then I yelled outside (they should be inside the fort by now) “Warriors! Come in here! The silver wolf eared and tailed one is my personal spoils of war! Everything else alive is Golden lions war prisoners!” 

After I yelled that I heard a distinktive rush of yells and then I heard a chant “Chief Azule the Breaker!.”  THey chanted my title over and over and then I saw some of my warriors come in then one of them said “Here to gather your spoils chief.” “Great, then handle my prisoners with care, I believe only this one will become great.”

Was this even a battle? About 32 percent of us has minor injuries and is it just me do we have more than 100 prisoners. We don't have enough room for all of them. I was thinking 30 at most. I look at a magic warrior, the daughter of Eardercy. Her name is…...Deena

She is about a head taller than Percy, if i recall she is my age. Quite average in height for a woman and not as plump as her mother but is very smart just like her mother. We have a little history between her and I , but I digress. 

“Deena how would you call this battle?” she looks up at me then visibly sighs “This was a sad but unavailable take over… Chief Azule.” She never smiles even on feast and joyous occasions. I wonder if she thinks this was a good idea.

Anyway let's separate the prisoners. It took some time because it was so fuckin much. I have honor so I won't just kill a bunch to lighten the numbers but this is tiring. 

My personal spoils were the beast humans, all of them which are 6. We separated them in clothes calor and gender. It seems my people were arguing then I heard a small but authoritative voice, like a chief, a girl, say ‘do not touch me ruffian!” 

The young lady had a fluttery light blue dress and her shoes were the same. There were even jewels imprinted on her dress and shoes. Also had to be only as tall as Percy when I first met her. Me and Percy sure have grown.This is interesting. She speaks and I understand.

My warriors our dumb founded. They actually took a few steps back just buy her voice, they don't even know why they listen to her. I laughed out loud very loudly on purpose and the masses looked at me. I then say “Warrior, that was quite the show, haha, didn't i say not to harm the prisoners?” “Chief…... By your will. This one here won't move.” 

The warrior points towards the girl who yelled at him with a voice authority like. I look at the lady. She stares at me and whispers barely heard but I heard it “Chief”. 

She was in the servant like prisoners but her clothes and aura are different so my guys were trying to move her. She understands us and speaks our language. I smile, “This one and the one she is holding onto is my spoils, put them with the rest of my spoils. Also find the biggest guy with the most medals and put him with my spoils as well.” “”””BY your will!””””

The warrior reaches for her but the servant gets in the way and gets pulled instead which then in turn pulls her technically. This shall be interesting 

How is my grammar
  • Good? Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not the worse? Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Worst I ever read? Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It’s distracting Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 0
0