Chapter 4: Dragons and Mortals?
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I watched as the weird thing fell over, curiously I walked over to it. I see it's covered in some fabric of some designs to covers it’s furless body.

“Are you alive?” I ask as I gently poke it to see if it would stir. When I didn't get a response, I figured I would take it home with me.

I gently scoop up this weird thing, it’s warm in my hands and against my scales. It seems so soft and fragile like it could be hurt on accident, it definitely shouldn't have fallen asleep in the field.

“Such a silly creature.” I say as I go to fly then stop when I remembered what happened before and tuck my wings back up and start walking to the mountain. Curious about how the creature walked on two legs I took a quick look around before trying it myself, but immediately finding it weird and hard to hold myself upright then take steps forward didn't feel too good. I try my best though, walking in this weird way, waddling toward the mountain holding this carelessly sleeping thing in my claw.

Eventually, I pass by a small pond of still water where I am able to look at myself in the water. I see this scaly creator looking back at me. I tilt my head confused and see it reflected in the water and my eyes widen as I realize that’s me.

With a deep blue covering my entire body, each edge and tip of my body covered in a white frost gripping to my body and refusing to let go. Horns adorning my head with gently slopes with a base being a gentle sky blue with the tips ending in an almost pale ice. Little spines run down my back curving away from my head with thin little fins filling the gap with some on the ends of my tail.

“Pretty.” I smile proudly.

I continued my waddle toward the mountain glad I kept it in sight. I am not sure why, but I knew I would wind up lost if I didn’t. I climbed my way up the mountain all the way to my cave as the sun had set a long time ago.

“Tired…” My voice trails off as I feel the creature move a bit.

I need to get inside so I can rest. I walk to the back of the back of my cave and set the mortal down and I lay down near the entrance and take a deep breath before I doze off to sleep.

Not sure how much time had passed before my eyes opened, and before me is the weird hairless creature well no, not hairless, it had some on its head.

“You did not eat me?” It asked as if it was sure it was supposed to have been eaten.

“No? Should I?” I asked confused.

“No!” It exclaims with no hesitation, maybe desperation? “Just, ahh why did you take me here?”

“ You fell asleep in a dangerous place. So I brought you somewhere safe.” I said, while smiling, feeling proud of my hard work. Tho the face on the creature made me second guess that.

“I am freezing to death, please take me out of here.” It pleaded with me.

“I ah can. Do you have a home? I can take you there. Do you have food?” I ask.

“Yes! You can have it all! Just plea-” It couldn't finish its statements before I picked it up and got on my feet and started climbing down the mountain.

As we exited the cave the weird creature let out a loud scream. I shake my head, curious about why this creature loves to scream so much.

I got rather curious so I decided I would ask, “Just what are you?” Which drew the concerned thing away from its gazing down below us.

“I am a human? A female human. My name is Sally.” Sally stated barely muttering out past her shivering body.

“Sally? Hmmm. Interesting. I am Lost.” I said feeling proud of my name.

Still shuttering, but now a confused look on her face as she looked at me and asked, “You're lost? I mean I know a good bit of this land and I can help you find your way.”

I tilt my head confused. ”No, I am Lost.” I said spreading my wings, smiling, almost striking a pose like that would help my point.

“I don't get it… I said I would help you if you are lost. So you can find your way.” she said again looking a bit more baffled and shaking less.

“No, as I said, I am Lost.” I said slowly maybe this human thing was confused.

“Yes, and I said I would help you find your way home.” Sally replied back to me.

I think I finally understand where this is going. “No silly human, my name is Lost” I finally said.

The human sat there a while looking at me baffled and confused, no longer shaking like her entire mind was taking up with just trying to process what it was that I just told her.

“So, you are not lost. Your name is Lost…” she finally asked as we neared the base on the mountain.

“I am Lost. It's not much to understand. You are Sally, I am Lost.” I said matter of factly so confused why this mortal does not understand something so simple. Then it’s my turn to be confused when I hear her laughing.

0