Lost Lake
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I see a large lake ahead of me, and remember how thirsty I am. I start prancing my way over to the water tail wagging a large smile on my face ready for a nice drink.

The lake is rather large, with a rocky beach nearest to the mountain. On the other side seems to be sand. Icebergs dotted about the surface of the lake. It is very clear with an azure deep hue the deeper the lake goes. In the distance I do hear the sound of rushing water like a waterfall.

I approach the lake with great speed ready for my drink. I forget to stop before the lake and end up stumbling on a rock and end up stumbling into the lake falling into it.

“A-ahk!” I stammer out as I end up falling into the lake unprepared. I sink down below the surface surprised and try to gasp for air, before realizing I am not in any danger. I feel rather fine actually. No, I feel great in the water! I feel stronger, and fueled with power and energy.

Then my stomach grumbles for something to drink, and I swim up to the surface and poke my head out above the water and smile a big toothy grin happily. I get my breath and take a nice big drink of water to my fill.

I notice though, if I float in the water still enough I start slowly freezing the water touching me. I can watch the ice form around me and my scales, when I move it breaks the very fragile ice. I noted I need to not fall asleep on the water or i might freeze it all with me in it.

“This is nice.” I say smiling and floating about the lake. I think about all that has happened. I woke up covered in ice, not sure how I got to this place, or really why I was covered in ice. Actually I can't recall anything before it. It's strange, My name, I know it, but why?

I wasn’t given too long to think too much before I heard a new voice yell something I didn't know anything about.

“Loch Ness Monster!” A more gruff man's voice yells out from the far shore.

Curious, I look over curious about what monster this human refers to. Maybe I can fight it! Only just to realize he is pointing at me.

I huff, “That's not nice mr! I am not a monster. That's rude. If you want to know, I think I am rather cute.” I nod as I try to pose.

The man's jaw drops at hearing me speak, baffled hearing my voice. “Then what is a dragon like you doing here? All dragons are legends, folk tales spread from the old to the young.”

“Would you believe me if I said, I didn't know?” I asked, interested in what this man knows.

The man’s old wise eyes look upon me. Looking me over trying to figure his thoughts out. “You really don't know?”

“Nope! Not a clue.” I say proudly.

The man grumbles something about pride, “You wont eat me right?”

“No, you're much too small and fragile. You humans, which I think you're called, don't look too yummy.” I say as I swim over to him.

“Ah yes, very reassuring. I will make sure to try not to look too appetizing.” The man chuckles, bemused by my actions.

“You seemed scared when you first saw me, but now you're not, why?” I asked, confused by the man's change in behavior.

“Well if you were going to eat me, you wouldn't have talked. Dragons hold great pride, though I guess you might just be different.” The man finished before he turned to walk away.

“Hey! Where are you going?” I asked, swimming up to shore and getting out of the water.

The man doesn't reply, but decides he is going to continue away from me. No matter how many times I asked him about it, which was a lot. His walk took us far away from the water, and down a well worn path nothing grew on, but deep grooves from cart wheels and the footpath of those who pulled them. I had stopped asking after some time had passed, and grew curious of our surroundings.

Around us are some fields, well plowed with crops ground, taking over most of the land with some rudimentary agriculture and ditches running water between fields. Far away lies a town of huts and houses. With humans bustling about, little kids running around while people working in the fields. Though I soon noticed the people in the fields stopped working and was watching us pass the confusion on their faces evident. I smile and wave back at them, and keep following this completely random man I don't know.

It didn't take long before the humans in the town stopped what they were doing and stared at me. It did make me feel a bit curious if I stood out a bit, but surely that wasn't why they were looking, my scales are rather pretty.

Soon we got to the town, people making way for me when a scent made its way to my nose and I stopped in my tracks and looked around for the scent. It smelt so good. I see a small girl holding whatever is making the smell in her hands.

I lower my head down to her level and ask, “what is that in your hands?”

The girl looks to her parents then back at me before replying, “It's chocolate.”

0