Chapter 7: Chocolate
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chocolate is what that was huh? Well it smelt so good. With a lot of embarrassment, my stomach grumbled. I haven't eaten today yet.

“Can I have some?” I ask, wanting to try this chocolate thing.

The girl nods and brakes off a small bit and holds it out to me. I greatly accept and stick my tongue out for her to set it on. Once that small bit of chocolate lands on my outstretched tongue, my eyes widen in amazement!

So excited, I feel my wings give a small flap of happiness as I smile and savor the sweet flavor as it melts in my mouth. I couldn’t help, but do a little happy dance.

“That’s so good! Can I have more?” I ask, excited for more.

The girl looks at me and shakes her head. “I dont have any more. The rest is for me.”

“Where can I find some more?” I asked, willing to go find this source.

The girl points to a building, “You can buy some in there.”

“Buy?” I asked, tilting my head.

After some conversation with this human I came to learn that humans buy things from each other. I am still rather unfamiliar with how they determine the value of these things.

“Is there something I can do to buy chocolate?” I ask curiously.

“Well my dad works in the field for his money. He gave me my money to get some.” She explained to me.

“Is there something I can do?” I ask curiously.

The old man who I followed to town is finally speaking up now.
“Well what about pulling wagons? Its harvest time and pulling the wagons are hard work for us. If you pull the wagons we will give you chocolate in return.” He said, giving me the option to earn some chocolate.

I think about it, I never have pulled carts before, but the chocolate is so good. I think about it a bit before deciding on asking something first.

“How much chocolate?” I asked.

“With your help, one quarter of the weight of cocoa you bring in.” He said, setting his bar.

Thinking about how big I am, I could bring in a lot. Which means I get a lot of chocolate. I made my mind up, I would get a lot of chocolate then take it to my cave to eat. It will last me a while if I can get a lot.

“Deal! Show me these carts.” I said. I was determined to earn my chocolate.

The old man led me to the field where these carts, which look like a human can pull, are waiting to be pulled. When we arrived I realized there was a large problem.

“Those are too small.” I point out.

Finding myself standing way too big for these human sized carts. I sit down and think about it. I can’t fit in the cart to pull it.

“Do you have any bigger carts?” I ask curiously. “It seems rather small.”

“Well, I didn't really think about that.” He admitted.

“I could get you wood, to build a bigger one. If you make it so I can pull a cart I would be more than happy too, but these are too small and I might break it.” I point out to him.

“Well we cant readily make ones for your size. Only you would be able to pull it.” He says.

I take a second to look at the carts. “Do you have an empty one i can look at?” I ask after some thought.

“We do have one, its not in the best shape so we stopped using it.” He says as he points one out that is not loaded up.

I walk over to it and look it over. I give it a gentle push and watch how it works curiously. I pick it up and look at its underside and look at how things function, before I set it down.

“Well, after much thought.” I pause thinking a bit more before continuing, “I don't know how it works.”

“Then why did you look it over?” He asked baffled.

“I thought it was going to be easier to understand. What if i just made a box and pushed it?” I asked.

“You can make things?”He asked curiously.

“I think so. Just make some ice sheets and freeze them together should work? It won't be like your fancy wagon things but I can push it.” I announce.

“Well if you can do as you said, then that would work.” He sighed.

I jump with happiness, and call upon the water elements around me as I ask them to help me make a box out of ice, and work with them to help make it happen. After some time I have a large box of ice infront of me.

“This will do right?” I ask proud of my work and smiling.

The old man looks it over. Tapping spots and seeing how it is. “Mighty impressive. You could fit all of the cargo in this one. If you do this you can have the amount of chocolate we agreed upon.” He says looking up at me.

“Yes!” I shout with excitement letting a small growl out in excitement.

I start grabbing wagons and dumping their contents into the box, till its almost full. Then I had to push it all the way back to town.

0