Chapter 9: Hardships 2
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Well the man who was yelling at me didn't seem to like my response. I am not sure why, but he seemed so much more upset. His face looked a little red too.

“Well we have it reported, that you came here, threatened everyone to give you food. Now you say you won't leave till they give you all of their chocolate?!” He heaved.

“What? No. I made a deal with them-” Surprised the man tried to cut me off.

“You have no shame! Trying to force these poor people to make a one sided deal! You really are a monster!” He spouted.

I am not sure what I was feeling at this point. A part of me was irritated, such a harmless little fragile thing was trying to be intimidating and interrupting me, or pity at how hard he is trying. Deep down I didn't like what he was trying.

I got a mischievous idea, and reached out to the mana spirits around me, and asked them to freeze this guy’s feet to the ground, and before I knew it his feet froze to the ground covered in ice. His reaction was enough to make me giggle.

“ I didn't steal anything, little human. I just want some chocolate.” I stated, hoping to clear this mess up, I really don't understand why these small humans are so hard to communicate with.

The man stumbled and fell over with his feet still frozen to the ground. The shiny humans next to him try to help get him back up on his feet. I chuckle at how silly these humans are. I am not sure any of these humans could really do anything to me.

“You beast! I will have your head for this!” He puffs in rage.

“Those are some big words for someone who can't walk.” I chuckle.

I look for the man who is supposed to be bringing me my chocolate, but I don't see him anywhere. Maybe I could come back when these angry shiny humans are not here and ask for it then. I feel like doing something else, these humans are ruining my fun.

I sigh and get up. I looked around and decided that I was going to leave. I would like some chocolate, but these new humans are annoying. With that decided, I started marching away from the town.

“Hey don't you leave! I am not done with you!” The man yelled at me.

“Didn't you say you didn't want me here? Now I'm going to leave, and you want me to stay now?” I was baffled by how confusing these humans are.

Ignoring him, I continued to walk back I think in the direction of the lake. As I walk I get a bit lost in my thoughts, thinking about the memory that surfaced in my mind. Thinking about that dragoness who seemed like my mom. She looked nice. I wonder if she is here, but a part of me knows I am the only dragon here. I can't explain how, but I just know. The mana spirits floating around me, helped me confirm that I am.

My mind wanders a bit more asking questions that I have put aside till now. Why am I scared to fly? I am so powerful, and big, but my body shivers at the thought. Something out there, I may not remember right now, but it scares me.

Loud noises drag my mind back to reality, as I blink a few times, figuring out where I am. I was baffled, I ended up back at the town. Flustered, I wonder how I could've ended up back here. I was certain I went in a straight line. I was following the road.

It didn't take long for the shiny humans to notice I was back, and start trying to get together. I decided before they could I was going to leave again. Quickly I turned around and started my walk again. I shook my head, baffled by how I ended up turned around like that.

I happened to pick my head up again, looking at the town in front of me. I stood still for a second confused. I looked behind me and in the distance I could see my mountain far away. I was utterly baffled by how I ended up turned around again.

I looked at the mountain, and started marching towards it, not blinking or looking away. I did my best to keep my mind from wondering or thinking. Each step one at a time. I guess the mountain does look pretty from here though. I wondered if the ground under me had ice under it.

I snapped my head up from looking at the ground and looked around wondering where I was. I am not sure where I ended up this time. I was in a forest of some kind. I could not see the mountain, or the city.

“When did this forest get here?” I wondered.

I didn't remember seeing a forest. It must've clearly just appeared around me. This forest trying to scare me? Well clearly I won't let it win. I huffed and asked the mana spirits around me, how this forest tried to swallow me. I think I felt the spirits were amused for a second, before they came around me interested in how I ended up here.

“Hey, I am being serious. I just want to go home.” I huffed, a bit upset.

The spirits seemed to feel how serious I was, and they curiously floated around. I thought hard about my home and asked if they could lead me. Seeing the ice spirits float off in a direction I decided to follow them.

“Hopefully you guys can lead me home, I want to sleep.” I said with a small yawn.

Following these spirits for a long time, I ended up outside of the forest. Looking at my surroundings, I came to a very quick conclusion. I had no idea where I was. I have officially become lost, and don't know where I am.

I had ended up along a river. Looking up the river, I could see a large waterfall, and further down the river I think I saw the lake where I took a swim. I think I have gotten closer to home. I walk down to the water and look in it and see some fish swimming through it.

“Oh! Food!” I smile.

I watch the fish for a small bit. I slean down slowly, and get ready for it. Then suddenly I jumped into the river and thrash about trying to grab at anything around me before I realized that I ended up on my back and looking up at the sky.

“Is that where I came from?” I wonder out loud.

Slowly the darkness swallows me up, as I find myself in another memory. I am back in that city, but in a different spot now. I am laying in a pool of water looking up at the night sky.

“I wonder just how many explorable places there are out there.” I wonder out loud.

“Why are you so focused on exploring?” A voice replies off to my side.

“Don't you want to see what's out there? I mean seriously. Creation goes so far, so many different worlds. Gods and dragons, so many I have yet to meet. Ever wonder what the main plane is like? There is so much I want to see!” I smile at the thought of one day seeing what it looks like.

“What's wrong with staying here and protecting your home?” The same voice asked.

“Nothing is wrong with it. I just want to see what's out there.” I replied.

“So that way you could end up like your name?” The voice chuckles.

“Hey! You said you would stop making jokes about it! I don’t get that lost.” I huffed.

The god who was near the pool side watching me float about was taller and bigger for his size and age. He always wore a mask though he never answered any questions about it. He avoided it, or would ask like you never asked the question to begin with if you asked directly.

“Well, I can't help that you got a name like Lost. I wonder if you go take a dive in a proper sea, if you would become Lost at sea.” He chuckled.

“Hey! I like my name. I am not sure why it's my name, but I do like it.” I huffed puffing up my cheeks before splashing him with water.

“You got me all wet!” He jumped up with a start.

“You deserved that! Making fun of my name.” I chuckle and float to the other side of the pool.

“Oh you're gonna get it now!” He huffed and grew to his godly size and stomped his large foot into the pool splashing water, and my small self out of the pool.

I chuckle laying on the grass soaking wet, when I notice that there is a teardrop on my face, as it gently trickles down my face and lands in the river with me in it. My smile slowly goes away as I take one last look at the sky with a deep heavy sigh. I get up on my feet again, and make my way toward my home.

0