Chapter 12: Monster are Real
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I make my way home and settle down with all my chocolate. I am so happy to have so much. I open a chocolate and munch on it, as I think hard about Sally and how she looked when they first met. I focus on that image and call upon the spirits around me trying to share with them what I want.

I can feel them react to my feelings, they start moving around and start moving the ice and creating something. I can feel somehow this is taking a toll on my mind. After a while my head starts to really hurt.

My head really hurts. I can feel it throbbing so painfully like I'm slamming my head on ice. The sides of my vision start to fade, as I start feeling the world turn and spin around me. I stopped being able to tell what direction is up. Then I think my head hit something and all the pain stopped as the darkness swallowed me up.

I find myself on my moms back, and much smaller. Her big wings carried both me and her. Her powerful body is massive and strong. Each flap like a gust of wind being shoved aside for her to move through.

“Mom, what are we doing?” I asked, wondering why we left home.

“I am showing you something important dear. Something you might have to face yourself, if you want to go on your important journey. I want my child to be strong and knowledgeable to fend for herself.” She clarified.

“Mom, it won't be for sometime though.” I complained.

“That doesn't matter, you are my child, you will be strong.” She said.

I huffed watching as we flew along to a planet. It wasn't too unique of a planet. Very dry, definitely not my strong suit, being a water dragon, on a planet lacking water. When we land I feel something bad. It makes my scales itch.

“You feel it dont you?” My mom asked.

I nodded, I wasn't sure what I felt but every part of my body did not like it. I didn't like how the air felt. It didn't feel like home did.

“Did you notice it yet? There is no mana here.” She said.

“No mana? Like the little spirit things? Why is there none here?” I asked.

“Those things.” she replied, pointing her head to a mass of darkness far away.

The darkness which I thought was darkness, was not. It was a monster. I couldn't tell what it looked like, but my body repulsed at its appearance. It held no solid appearance.It looked wolf like.

It saw us, and made a weird howling noise which didn't sound right. It charged at us. It went to leap at us ready to try to get past my mom, to attack me. That was until my mom swatted it out of the air and crushed it with no remorse.

“These monsters want to harm us, and end our way of life dear. They must be removed, and with no mercy.” She advised me.

“None? You told me not everything is food, and I should be careful what I attack.” I questioned.

“Not these. You will know when you see one. When you do, you will have to fight.” She warned.

“Okay mom. I didn't like how it felt. It didn't feel good.” I said.

My mom started to talk more, but it was like the world was getting foggy and hazy and soon it all dissolved, washed away. I woke up curled around a small statue of my mom. Looking around the crude Sally statue standing there I blushed forgetting I was working on the statues and I ended up falling asleep.

I gently set the statue of my mom, next to the Sally one. I was curious as to why I can't seem to recall my moms name still. One of the memories I have called upon has not mentioned her name yet. Maybe I will remember my moms name soon.

I stretch and get ready to leave. I wandered out of my cave, remembering my deal, I decided to head down to Sally’s town. On my way down, flying through the open air, I pondered a bit more. What was that creature? I am glad I haven't seen any here though. I don’t remember getting into a fight yet, with my life on the line.

As if the universe heard my words. I saw smoke billowing from Sally’s town and heard screams. I rushed in its direction. Diving down like a missile, I hurled through the air. No one will hurt my source of chocolate, and friends!

I arrived and with a not so nice landing. The people were running as this beast was rampaging in the town. It was like that of one from my memory. A hideous darkness, this one resembled a shape more of the humans around here. It seemed to have wings, and noticing my arrival, it turned on me howling a beastly growl.

Instinctively I will the mana spirits around me and forward as the ground splits open with ice. It rushes up and out of the ground like a giant maw trying to catch its meal. With no luck though.

It jumps up into the air flapping its grotesque wings to get into the air. Its eyes, hard to see, but its gaze is so strong without looking at its horrendous face, I can feel it locking its eyes on me. I am its target. It won't be happy till I am gone, and I won't be happy till it's gone too. With this fight, it will not be just my first, but for my chocolate. I can not lose this fight.

I growl and summon water in the air above it and splash it across the monster. It didn't seem to like it, though that was not the extent of my plan. I call upon the mana spirits again and try to freeze the wings of the monster.

It seemed to feel what I was doing, shaking as much water from its wings as it could, it also tried to dive at me. Feeling its desire to end my life I flapped my wings, and take to the air. If I can draw it away from the town, I could let the humans escape, and not get caught up in the fight. Flying away from the town, soon the second part of my fight will start, I need to take it to where I have an overwhelming advantage. I knew the perfect place. Only question, can I get there?

0