Chapter 15: Home Away From Home
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I took Hickory to the woods. I realized hickory could not cut anything down so I pushed over a few trees for him. I guess I really haven't had too many experiences with trees, I was expecting them to be harder. I found myself able to break apart the trees, and push them over as well. It didn't take long before we had a lot of wood I was carrying as I put Hickory on my head, to carry the wood.

“I didn't know dragons could walk on their hind legs.” Hickory pointed out as I was waddling up the mountain.

“Most of the time we never do. This is a minor exception. I am carrying too much that I have too.” I admitted.

“Oh, well I think its alright miss Lost.” Hickory said smiling.

I smiled too while making my way up the hill. It wasn't too much longer till we made it to a decent plateau. I set down the wood in a pile, and then gently set Hickory down. I looked at the wood.

“How does one go about building a home?” I asked him.

“Well mom explained it a little bit. It's like stacking wood together. You cut little bits out so they stack together.” He explained it to me.

“Okay, well I am still not too sure on how that works, if you explain some so I can get it started for you.” I said to him.

It took a bit of explaining and practice, Eventually we had a foundation for his home. He also made himself some rudimentary tools, which did the job needed. Once he was operating on his own I continued my way up to the cave. I really wanted to try my claw at making a better statue of Sally.

I jumped up and flew my way up the cave where I landed inside of it. After landing inside, I saw the small ice statue of my mom, and the bigger one of Sally which is still very crude and doesn't really resemble her.

I sigh knowing my first attempt was not good, but I really wanted to do right by Sally. I look at my remaining chocolate and I decided it would be my farewell. I am not sure why this idea of a statue is coming to me, but it feels right. A statue dedicated to her.

I call upon the water mana spirits and giving my feelings to them, they start forming a better statue of the smiling Sally. It took a few attempts till I had one I was proud of. It was like the first time I met her. Her big silly smile on her face, I gently placed a bar of chocolate in her hands.

“Thank you Sally. I will remember you. I also am taking care of your son. He is really smart.” I said to her statue.

I whipped a tear from my face and sigh. I lost my first friend, but now I am helping her son grow up. I smile a little bit, remembering his determined face demanding to get stronger.

I grab a piece of chocolate and eat some. It's still as good as the first time I had some. I made a mental note that coldness helps keep the chocolate last longer. I wonder what other things I could preserve with my cold. I thought about it a good bit but as I had been up here a long while I wanted to see how Hickory was doing.

I went down the mountain a little bit, and landed on the plateau. Landing there, I could see that Hickory had made a lot of progress on his house, but he seemed to have stopped and was sitting by a fire. I made my way over to him.

“Taking a rest?” I asked.

“Yes, I was starting to get really hungry.” He admitted.

I guess I didn't think about it before. I had been relying on absorbing mana, to keep myself going. It allows me to function, but is not as good as eating some good food. Sustaining oneself on mana stops you from feeling hungry, but you never feel satisfied.

“I will go hunt down some food. Wait here, being near my cave, should stop most things from coming up here.” I said getting ready to take off.

“Thank you, Lost. Really.” Hickory said.

I smile and jump off the mountain. I think I heard some beasts deeper into the mountains, so I head that way. Flying deep into the mountains sounds of monsters can be heard.

It didn't take too long before I came across the ones responsible for the noise. There was a large group of them marching through the mountains. Swooping in above them I see these tall beasts. They walk on their hind legs, but they are covered from head to hoof in long thick fur. Some have horns sticking out of their head. They have a lot of muscle from here. They seem to be some creature I have not heard of before. I wonder if Hickory knows them.

I swoop down and snatch two of them. For their size they are rather heavy. They also won’t stop squirming in my grip. I flew up a distance before dropping them. After I heard the thuds of them meeting the ground I swooped down again picking up their bodies and carrying them up out of the mountains. I got to Hickories home, where I placed the beasts down. Hickory looked shocked.

“Where did you find those?!” He asked, the shock on his face apparent.

“Over in the mountains. There seemed to be a large group of them, but they seemed like a good meal. Do you know what they are?” I asked.

“Yes! Minitars are a very dangerous beast!” He yelled.

“Oh, well they didn’t seem that way. It was fairly easy to deal with them. They seemed like good food.” I admitted.

“Well I don't know if these are edible.” He admitted.

“Well if you cook them up, I will eat the first one,and let you know.” I said.

“Well just because you can eat it doesn’t mean I can.” He complained.

0