Chapter 16: Minotaur
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I watched as hickory cooked the minitars up. They smelt like some of the beef I used to have back home, but it has mana in it. After a single bite, I swallowed the entire creature. It tasted so wonderful, I was tempted to get more right now.

“Hey, Lost, do you mind if I use the hides for clothes?” Hickory asked.

“As long as I get meat, I don't care what happens to the rest of the creatures, you call minitars. You can keep the horns, bones, fur, whatever. I have no need for such things.” I replied.

“Sounds good to me, I don't need as much as you for meat, but I need to keep the fur for warmth. I could use the fat for fires, and other means.” Hickory starts spouting off, but I got bored and left.

I hopped off the cliff and went in search for more, I thought I heard him still talking after I had already left. One thing took over my mind, it was how good those minitars tasted. I licked my lips swooping through the mountains, causing the trees to shake and rustle as I soar past.

I smile without thinking about it, happy to be full of energy. It made the past day not feel real. I can genuinely smile and enjoy myself right now. It feels so good to be free. The chilling breeze feels so wonderful across my scales, I smile as I fly.

Looking around I can see where the minitars decided to build up a camp. Which surprised me, Hickory described them as beasts, but they seem capable enough to make a camp. I decide to not immediately pick one off and try to fly quietly and sneak up on them.

Watching them I noticed that they seem to have a language or a way to understand each other. They seem to be talking and communicating while sitting around a fire. I wondered if they were intelligent. I watched them more, as they made food. It didn't take too much longer for me to get completely and utterly bored. I don't know how people do this. I came out of the woods.

“Hello?” I asked out loud.

They didn't want to say hello, they got angry at me and grabbed their weapons and yelled out as they charged at me. I took that as my answer and swiped the ground and sent the gravel at them, as I called upon the mana spirits around me and sent ice spikes at them. The gravel getting in their eyes, stopping them from dodging the ice that followed up behind.

Feeling good after my first attack, I pushed my advantage. I jumped into the camp, my body pushing the trees to the side to make room, as a cold wind followed me rushing through the camp. I roared at my new prey, when suddenly one of them charged me with a large spear coming right at my eye. I was too surprised to move, but before it could hit, I closed my eye and flinched, then I heard and felt the rapid expansion of ice.

Opening my eyes I see that the spear was deflected by a crudely made ice golem that was built in front of me. The ice golem looked similar to these minitars in size and build, but it had no detail work but in front of me it stood. The spear glanced off its chest.

This gave me just a moment, as I stood up and summoned a water ball in the air with a flick of my claw the core shot forward and froze it over turning it into a flying lance made of ice, as it struck down the minotaur, piercing it through the rib cage and out the back into the ground leaving the beast half standing upright and held up by the ice spear.

I watched as more turned to run away. To prevent that I called on the mana around me and rushed it forward as the water rushed around everyone and to the other side and collided, and froze over. Creating a wall of ice surrounding everyone trapping them in here with me. I slowly looked down at the chocolate bar they had ruined. A grin slowly makes it across my face.

“Now you can't escape. Ruining someone’s chocolate is unforgivable.” I said, with a bit of angry boil deep beneath the surface.

I opened my wings and called upon the coldness around me making more golems, only a couple more, and they picked up the fallen minotaur’s weapons and started charging down the minitars. I make several more orbs of water, and launch them as ice spears taking down the stronger of the bunch.

I changed my focus to picking up the chocolate and calling on some cold water, I gently cleaned the chocolate before putting it to my scales and freezing it to keep it cold. With a satisfying nod, I had fixed my chocolate. I looked up at where the fighting was happening, and observing it, I could see the minitars losing. I decided I would let my few golems finish that.

I looked up at the sky and wondered if there will be any dragons who come and visit me, maybe even able to free me from here. I shook my head knowing if a dragon came here they would be just as trapped as I am now. I really hope everyone is alright. I knew my mom was really strong and nothing would hurt her.

0