Chapter 1 – 2
35 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
You look in the mirror and see... a boy. It's you. You're naked, your skin exposed and burnt, your hair missing, and your wounds are burning red; you're so weak that your legs tremble just trying to stand, but still, despite everything, you manage to recognize yourself as you move your hand in front of the mirror, seeing your reflection mimic you on the other side of the glass.

Where... am I? What happened? How did I get here? All these things race through your mind, but no matter how hard you try, your mind is blank.

Regardless, your duty is to get out of this place. So, you gather your courage and, holding onto the walls, weakly make your way towards the exit door. Not without covering your private parts with some sheets first.

You open the door of the room and stick your head out slowly, managing to see that on both sides of the place, there's a huge hallway of a very elegant mansion; with red carpets on the floor and exquisite upholstery on the walls. Throughout the hallway, there are huge windows with gigantic white curtains waving in the wind. The hallway isn't lit; the only light comes from outside.

You walk slowly and unsteadily down the hallway, alert, as you don't know who could have brought you here and what awaits you.

As you walk, something catches your attention; through the windows, you see a huge garden with a maze of bushes. Indeed, it's a house for the wealthy, but you're struck by how neglected it is. The grass is very high, and everything is overrun with weeds. The vines seem to have taken over the house. And upon closer inspection, the same seems to be true for the interior of the mansion; there's a lot of dust and cobwebs on many shelves.

Ignoring all that and prioritizing getting out of the place, you continue on your way searching for an exit. It's then that a door opens right next to you, and much to your surprise, a figure emerges from it.

「 !!! 」

It was a man. He was a man dressed as a butler, with long, ash-colored hair. Hidden behind glasses, the man had gray eyes that seemed calm and tranquil. You and the man lock eyes; you tense up, on guard, your reflexes to fight or flee activating.
The man simply observes you, his expression unreadable. You notice that the man is very similar, he has a very exotic and uncommon beauty.

Breaking the tension, the man finally opens his mouth.

????:
「I apologize for startling you. You must have many questions... don't worry, I'm not your enemy. And I won't harm you. In fact, I'm the one who saved your life. 」

Both of you stare at each other, evaluating one another. The man continues speaking, seeing you on high alert.

Abel:
「You're probably confused and disoriented from all the damage you've sustained. Don't worry, it's normal. In fact, I was heading to your room to heal you. My name is Abel, Abel Seinhart. I'm a mage, and it's my duty to look after you. 」

You were aware of the existence of mages; in fact, you possess magical abilities yourself. You know very well that mages are extremely pragmatic, secretive, and cold. So... how much do you trust Abel? What do you say to him? In your current state, you're very weak and in pain all over your body, you couldn't go very far if you tried to escape... plus, your mind is a mess and you could use some information. On the other hand, who accepts help from a guy you know nothing about and who might have possibly kidnapped you?
What will you say to Abel?

> Okay... but you'll tell me everything.

> No way! Let me go, psychopath! (intimidation check)

> I'm not looking for trouble; whatever you have to tell me, you can tell me later. For now, could you please let me go? (Charisma check)

> (Say nothing and try to run away) (Strenght check)

Notes: All the votes have already been made, this is only an archive. The community's choice will be marked in bold letters. 

2