Chapter 1 – 4 (Naming the protagonist)
47 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
After being covered by the luminous water orb for a while, you feel as if a light and calmness envelops you... You're completely healed! You feel like new. You can now stand up without any issues. You try a couple of sudden movements and stretches; your body responds perfectly, 100%.
You look at Abel, perplexed, and he returns a warm smile with closed eyes.

Abel:
"I see it was useful to you. I'm very glad. Would you like to see yourself in a mirror?"

After saying that, Abel hands you a handheld mirror. You take it and look at yourself in it. Yes... you're completely healed. You can see your face again. You blink twice to appreciate the details of your face again; although you have an ordinary face, the reality is that you have very exotic features. Beautiful short, wavy, white hair, styled backward but gracefully dropping several strands onto your forehead; which despite your young age, accentuates your serious gaze and mature characteristics. Another thing that accentuates your seriousness are the beautiful blue eyes you have, which resemble a calm lake. Considering you have fairly pale skin, as a whole, you appear as quite a cold and unique person.
You touch your face as if to confirm that it's really you, you turn your head from right to left and check every part of your face. Apparently, you haven't healed completely, as you have many burn scars on your face and body. But they don't hurt at all, so they're just scars.
Taking advantage of being naked, you step back a little to inspect the rest of your body. A slim but well-toned, athletic, and slightly muscular body. Looking at yourself from afar, it's clear that you're slightly taller than average.
After finishing inspecting yourself, you turn to look at Abel.

You:
"You really healed me... you have my gratitude."

Abel:
"As I said before, I'm not your enemy. I'm here to serve you."

You:
"Could you explain to me what the hell is going on here?"
Abel:
"Of course, but it will take some time. First, I'll need to explain the basics... tell me, how much do you know about the world of mages?"

You:
"Just the basics."

Abel:
"Are you familiar with the concept of Servants and Masters?"

You:
"No..."

Abel:
"Allow me to explain."

> Abel gives a long explanation of approximately an hour on how Servants, Masters, and the Holy Grail War work.

You:
"Alright, I think I understand everything. But what does all of this have to do with me?"

Abel stands up and puts his hands behind his back, walking towards a window. He seems to have a solemn and complex look, as if he's carefully weighing his words. He looks quite serious.

Abel:
"You were raised in an orphanage and then, when you were much older, you went to a house where you were taken in by your adoptive parents, right? I'm afraid your adoptive parents, and your fellow orphans are dead. They all perished in a fire, an act deliberately committed by someone. I'm sorry."

You:
"!!!"

Abel:
"I'm sorry but there's no time for you to grieve or to process it, I must explain it to you now, otherwise, you might do something foolish. Listen to me carefully, in Quintshire, the city we're in right now, there's a conflict as bloody as ancient between the best five mage houses in the country. These houses compete in the Holy Grail War, but not as in the conventional ones with 7 mages. And not for a simple holy grail."

You:
"What the hell are you talk-..."

Abel's look turns serious.

Abel:
"Five houses. Five Headmasters. Each house has eight masters, each one with a different class servant; Saber... Lancer... Archer... Assassin... Rider... Caster... Berserker... and of course, one of the extra class."

Abel turns around and looks at you.

Abel:
"The five houses, each representing a color banner: Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, and White; compete in a fierce battle to obtain the Outer Grail, an extremely powerful holy grail capable of fulfilling any wish. This Outer Grail will only appear when only one house remains standing."

You:
"My entire family perished... And you're telling me all of this? What does that have to do with me?"

Abel:
"Oh yes... your family perished. But more than once."

You dislike the connotation of Abel. You have a bad feeling.

You:
"What do you mean?"

Abel:
"Although I said there were five mage houses, the truth is, technically it's no longer the case. Today, there are only four. Twenty years ago, the four houses allied against the 'red' house, massacring all their masters, servants, and residents. There were hardly any survivors. Not content with that, they destroyed all our buildings and valuables. I know because I was a member of the red house, though not an active master. For a long time, we believed our house, the Chromastella house, was lost forever. The rules of the houses dictate that only blood heirs can take power, and with all Chromastellas exterminated, that meant a definitive end game... -Abel closes his eyes for a few seconds and then opens them- ...but, a miracle happened. Reviewing old notes of this place, I managed to find that the brother of the former leader of the Chromastella house had a lover. And as a result of that affair, he left descendants... this descendant was never recognized and was secretly abandoned in an orphanage. Do you understand what I'm saying?"

You:
"It can't be..."

Abel bows before you, clenches his fist on the ground, and tears fall from his face.

Abel:
"It has been a long and tortuous journey, we have endured pure hardships. You have been robbed of your family, deprived of your destiny, your life was targeted, and not content with that, they also took away your new family and ties. Destiny was cruel... but fate itself finally found us. My lord. The new and last Headmaster of the Chromastella family!!"

You are stunned by the sudden news. But more than that... in your spirit burns a fire, you don't know what kind... Could it be flames of vengeance, of ambition, or of justice? You still don't know. You only know that it burns you. With the same intensity with which these rogues burned your house, your family, and your body. A flame that doesn't seem to want to be extinguished.
You no longer have a roof over your head, and unknown people are attempting on your life. All you have left is to keep moving forward. Towards your next goal. Perhaps this generational legacy... is a call from fate.

Abel wipes his tears and both lock eyes.

Abel:
"Unfortunately, you have no choice, young master, whether you like it or not, you are the new headmaster of the Chromastella family. I want you to know one thing... no matter what happens, I will serve you until the end."

Abel hands you a note. In it appears a huge magical contract, along with a blank line for you to sign with your name.

Will you accept the call of destiny? Will you succumb to the flames or will you use them to your advantage?

Give a name to your character. You are about to make history.

Off rol: In the comments section, everyone can suggest a name for the protagonist. The comment with the most "I love it" will win. However, if the suggested name is a troll or not plausible for the story, it will be ignored, and instead, the next one with the most "I love it" will be chosen. Good luck!

Notes: All the votes have already been made, this is only an archive. 

1