4. My mother’s origin
54 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Teresa, I think its time to teach him about our origin..." he said slowly.

He had watched Tyckle grow up. Because he didn't often cry like other children, Tyckle was somewhat different in his eyes. He had an aura that could only adults have. He also learned quickly and understood many things without an explanation. Not that he saw it as wrong, he was even proud of it. But something was wrong and maybe Tyckle didn't see him as a father he thought

He shook his head and stopped thinking about it.

"You want to explain our origins to a 4-year-old? He's 4 Brutr, he's 4! What did you do when you were 4?" she said with a frown.

She did not like to talk about her origins because old memories would come up and she has only vague memories about the incident.

"He is 4, but he can already understand many things. You stay here, I'll take him for a walk outside." Brutr said before taking Tyckle outside.

They walked along a dirt road. On the right and left you could see small wooden huts. In the horizon behind the mountains, the sun was setting slowly.

After a few minutes, Tyckle was exhausted. Don't be fooled, since Tyckle was used to the old life, he was often lazy and the food he was given could not really nourish him. When Brutr noticed it, he carried him upon his shoulders and walked on.

"You are different Tyckle. You see, I've seen other kids your age. They are mostly young and don't understand much. But they have fun and are happy."

"You can understand many things, have your own ideas, and you are already talking about adventures," he said slowly.

"However, you must know that the world is not as simple as it looks. Dangers lurk everywhere and your comrades could become tomorrow your enemies." he had a sad look when he said this.

Tyckle saw this and said, "Dad, you have nothing to worry about. I already know!".

Yeah, he already knows. Not that his comrades became enemies, but several friends betrayed him. His crush was "stolen" by someone, as he says. Although everyone and his friends knew she was his crush. A famous quote came to his mind: There are no eternal allies and no perpetual enemies, only interests that were eternal and perpetual.

Brutr shook his head and laughed. "Yes, you already know everything little Tyckle." and he brushed it off like that. Not that he did anything wrong, but who would believe a 4-year-old would know something like betraying?

A silence broke out. Brutr looks like he is deep in thought and was thinking about something.

‘Their origin? It occurs to me that Dad was only a slave since his teenage years. What was before that? To become a slave you must either be a criminal or...’

Tyckles eyes narrowed. He suppressed the doubts in his heart.

Brutr took Tyckle down and sat down beside the dirt road, where the grass had grown. He patted the place next to him to make space for Tyckle. Tyckle said nothing and studied the face of Brutr, which had many expressions. From melancholy to sorrow, from unhappiness to depression. And sadness as he looked into the curious eyes of his son.

He looked away and took a deep breath. Then he sighed and shook his head.

"We were not always slaves, me and your Mother. We lived a luxurious life, at least your mother did. Your mother is not from a normal background." when he said this, he looked up into the sky, where stars were slowly becoming visible.

"She was the granddaughter of a count. And I was one of her knights in charge of her protection."

"Were you in deep love that you eloped because your love was not accepted?" Tyckle asked casually as he often such series on TV.

He laughed and said, "Haha, no. Where do you always get such ideas?"

"Your mother was a real lady and had that elegant nature that only noblewomen have. She was the granddaughter of a count. She didn't even have her eyes on me. You could say I was in the right place at the right time." he said with a sigh.

"You have probably used up all the luck you had in your last and next life." said Tyckle in a voice, if it is a matter-of-fact.

Brutr looked left to his side, facing Tyckle, "Yes, I probably did".

I hope you like my story so far. I tried not to put in any Infodumps. Also I changed the type of my writing several times, I hope for some feedback. In the next chapters there will be more information about the world.

2