Race #1 humans + hives
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Race Number: #001

Race Name: The Colony

Traits: Unity, Mind Connection, Adaptability

Appearance: elf-like, human appearance, basically an elf with no pointy ears and not as tall. But the brain is simply structured very differently from actual humans. Also, no genders but the members of the colony still took on female and male appearances due to very resistant genetic strain. 

Description: a freak of nature/ a miracle race. They have no weakness except for their unity. You see, insect hives are called hives so, what do you call a human-like creature that functions like an insect hive? A Colony. The funny part is, that every member of the colony is replaceable. From the Leader, down to the workers, all are replaceable this species' method of reproduction is purely asexual, meaning they can reproduce by themselves, but their culture seems to stem from the human race, so only the female-looking members create descendants. 

The difference between humans and The Colony is their minds. For humans, we can be selfish, loyal, wrathful, kind, generous, and many other things but we aren't connected in any meaningful ways. For The Colony, every member of The Colony is replaceable, as long as The Colony survives, everyone will be fine. Humans can survive being exiled from civilization, and being alone for a long time, but if any member of The Colony is forcefully isolated from The Colony, cutting off the Mind Connection, the member will go berserk trying to reestablish the connection to The Colony. If it can't reestablish connection within 10 minutes, the member will die. 

As there are virtually no differences between humans and The Colony, this species is feared by others as it's almost a perfect race. Almost. Just like humans, The Colony's offspring are pitifully weak, even more than human offspring. However, due to their similarity to humans and their mind connection, they are deemed, the most intelligent of all species as the entire species are thinking as one. Though they are still not the wisest. The Colony also took on human's trait of adaptability though it's slightly worse than human's. 

Throughout history, The Colony was hunted by many species but survived due to their intelligence. Because of their nature, where all members of The Colony prioritized the survival of The Colony as a whole, they are quite timid, avoiding all species, voluntarily creating multiple colonies just to avoid being wiped out. During peaceful times, they blended in with humans, sometimes even mating with some just to stay undercover(which granted the human race another ability, telepathy, that pops up from time to time due to their ability to adapt and to mate with just about every goddam race), though offsprings between members of The Colony and humans never made its way into The Colony due to the offspring's inability to connect with The Colony. Occasionally, 2 colonies will meet again after some time and will either merge or simply trade all the knowledge they have acquired when they are apart from each other. 

If a Colony is under threat of extinction, they will send out a mental broadcast that signals other colonies of their demise. Also interesting note, once under extinction, there is a chance that the said colony will enter a very spiteful/petty mindset, as all members of the colony will aim to cause as much damage as they can to their annihilators. This will usually cause the annihilators to lose 50% more than what they normally would with a similar-sized colony. 

Structure: there is technically a structure, but The Colony says that all members are equal.

Position(Number of members in position/ in percentage if the number of members is too large) - job description

Leader(1) - the One Member that leads the race, though it communicates with the rest of The Colony before every decision is made. 

Vice Leader(1) - the One to replace the Leader, if they are to be sacrificed for The Colony. Their job is to oppose the Leader and shed light on ideas opposite of the Leader, and perhaps it might just be better for The Colony

Fighters(~40%) - the defenders of the Colony, should the day come when all other Colonies are wiped out(or if they are feeling petty/spiteful), they will come out and make a last stand against their enemies.

Researcher(~10%) - researches things that benefit the entire colony

Worker(~15%) - these guys are the backbones, they support The Colony with labor and do things to supply the colony with resources

Replacers(~35%) - they are ready to replace any members lost in any position including themselves. The replace their numbers via reproduction. 

 

 

 

0